Your roll as a guardian

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-HAWAIIAN WARLORD, Apr 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-HAWAIIAN WARLORD Guest

This is just a light harted post as to a guardian.
    As a guardian you will do nothing more than......
    ...hit the same taunt skills till your finger falls off and wonder why the Conji and his pet keep stealing agro.
    ...use your rescue to save the conji only to have the whole groups getting after you cause you failed to pick up the add.
    ...have the group yell at you about not pulling the mob way off on the horizon only to be followed by the healer yelling that you used your bow to nab the mob and is now on him because of his reactives.
    ...dps and when I say dps I mean just that. Damage Per Season
    ...watch the other classes rise above you and get all the nice stuff that was exclusive to you. ie...Vanguard armor and tower shields.
    ...build up your sta for hit points you will only use for the others in your group that get agro. Hence the reason my macro says "I Feel your pain"
    ...watch others solo. You can do this worse than anyone. Your dps will not kill anything in a reasonable time and you can not heal yourself.
    ...watch your mob get killed by hitting their head against a brick wall which is all you really are. You don't do much more than stand there and get hit.
    ...realize that SOE hates you and wants you to kill yourself. Why else do they make your specialty taking the damage intended for others? And if that does not kill you then the rest of the group will cause all you have for holding agro is taunting which does not have the same effect it used to.
    ...know that if the group needs to run that you will be the last one to leave as most of your skills slow and almost even root you in place.
    ...make freinds with all the healers you can hoping that if you two are together you will get an invite to a group cause you are with him.
    ...debate endlessly with templars as to which class has been nerfed the worse you or them.

As I had stated this post was made for a little light hearted fun. Feel free to post any other comments or jokes you would like.
  2. ARCHIVED-juliev Guest

ROFL....that's about it.....we kinda solved some of these problems by putting all the tanks in one group just for fun....It's funny to see 2 Guards, 1 Zerker, 1 Bruiser and a healer in a group :p We have taunt wars :p
  3. ARCHIVED-Lyrus-D Guest

I see you kicked that cheating bastage paladin out of the group for your taunt wars so he wouldn't amend someone else :smileyvery-happy:
  4. ARCHIVED-woodland_ranger_2006 Guest

That is about as real as it gets. But the worst part comes on PvP servers, while waiting fora group on the weekends Freeport roam everywhere. Harvesting, soloing down arrows of my level or low for a little xp does not work. within a few minutes a scout class for Freeporters comes and my only chance for escape is having root break and sprinting into hopefully some Qeynos.

The wear on me has been great only being able to craft when my friends and guildies are busy or go harvesting and losing faction.

Even in Splitpaw i thought i might be able to do the Trial of the harclave. So i enter pop an invis totem and make it to the shrine. even with 9k hp with the downtime on crush and any other abbility that does over 200 damage my damage over time ended up killing them faster than i did. the battles were so slow i went insane waiting makeing sure i did not have one extra mob for that would be certain death.

Guardian is becoming Disgusting on Nagafen the PvP server Warlord what you have said is way to true and yes sony does hate us.

Gredrix 37 Guardian Barbarian (Nagafen server)