Your most valuable Tier 3 skill?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Loupson, Jan 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Loupson Guest

Hi all,

I'm an alchemist, and have recently come in to the posession of some rares used to make T3 Adept 3 fighter skills. I'm hoping to make a skill that will sell well, and so am wondering if you could help me out with a question:

If you had to choose one Tier 3 (i.e. levels 20-29) skill to make Adept 3, what would it be and why?

I've been searching the forums and have found some helpful information thus far, particularly from Noah, but what does everyone else think?

I'm leaning towards Shouting Cry right now, but maybe I'm wrong.

If you're on Blackburrow and are interested, let me know :)

Thanks all.
  2. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Shouting cry is good, group aggro is a huge problem pre-smothering cry. I loved my shouting cry.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

I found exactly one rare in Teir 3 harvesting. I used it to get a Shouting Cry Adept 3 made. Best choice a Guardian could ever make.
  4. ARCHIVED-Aenae Guest

I have masters of Shouting Cry, Bury, and Call of Command, so my rares went into Maim and Ruin. Maim is the greatest thing ever for damage output compared to power costs.

- Manii Names
    - Najena
  5. ARCHIVED-Loupson Guest

Thanks for feedback, guys. Looks like I'll be making Shouting Cry.

As a side note, what do you guys think a fair price would be for Shouting Cry Adept 3? (keeping in mind that the necessary rare, a jasper or palladium, goes for 20g on my server.)
  6. ARCHIVED-Bobbubski Guest

Either you bought your $$ off of IGN or else you are the luckiest SOB i've ever heard of...
  7. ARCHIVED-Sunthas Guest

rares run a little higher on my server but it seems that a 10g creation/skill fee was added to most adept3s so they were going for 35g for T3 adept 3s. So far I have had Battle Cry and Taunting Challenge made out of my Tier 3 rares, I already have Anger and Shouting Cry at Adept 1 and still have two more T3 rares so I'm waiting before having them converted to Adept3s.
  8. ARCHIVED-KiseroHT Guest

definitely shouting cry IMHO... i do solo alot and an Adept3 like maim, ruin, or slam would interest me.. but i would pick a spell that helps me do my primary job of MT. i have seen adept3's going for 37g here lately on oasis... for tier3.. best of luck to ya!!!
  9. ARCHIVED-Loupson Guest

35 and 37 gold? Yikes...lots of greedy alchemists out there :)

I guess mine's going for a song for 25 gold right now...get 'em while their hot!
  10. ARCHIVED-Sunthas Guest

Its hard to decide what the markup should be when creating items out of rare to sell like you did. You could have found a sage or a jeweler and had an Adept 3 made for yourself but you decide the money would be a better route to go. As a weaponsmith I would like to be able to buy more steel clusters, make weapons, and put them on the market. Problem is if I spend 10g for the steel and accept the risk that making it might not be pristine, what do I sell it for? 11g and make 10%? That would be pretty low percentage wise. 15g would be more likely. Its hard to sell weapons for 15g though, but again the price has to be pushed up because of the risk assumed. Even if I sold it for 11g it would probably just as hard to sell, so charge a little more and hold it a little longer.
  11. ARCHIVED-Aenae Guest

Either you bought your $$ off of IGN or else you are the luckiest SOB i've ever heard of...

---

I'm a high end crafter, and can afford to buy the masters. I paid 15g for Bury, 25 for Shouting Cry, and I think 20 for Call. This was a while back though, and I bet if I tried to buy them today the price would be much higher.

- Manii Names
    - Najena