Your most liked & disliked zone~

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Polywogus, May 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Polywogus Guest

Curious... I'm sure there's been a thread on this before, but oh well =p Not really referring to zones that may have bugged scripts or the like, but asthetics. Today, I went into the Peat Bog on my baby Wizard (good Half Elf). I've run thru this zone before on my FP char, but never really looked about. Seriously, the entire time, I was imagining the smell. The place reminds me of 1 big toilet lol. Granted, that means SOE put some good atmosphere into the game...but YUCK! As for my most liked...Feerrott, hands down :) So what's yours :D
  2. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

[p]Least favorite: OOB. Far too short, dull fights, nothing really challenging or interesting, & so far, really disappointing loot.[/p][p]Favorite: Shimmering Citadel/Poet's Palace, New Tunaria, Kaladim, Unrest, Stormhold, Fallen Gate, Permafrost ... all great zones.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

[p]I don't like Stormhold, Obelisk of Blight, Barren Sky, or Runnyeye. Also getting really sick of Labs.[/p][p]Fallen Gate, Solusek's Eye, and Spirits of the Lost are my all time favorite zones.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Blakeavon Guest

[p]FAVS: Living Tombs/Silent City, Enchanted Lands[/p][p] [/p][p]Least favourite: Lavastorm, Sol Eye, Lessar Faeland :p[/p][p]and add Barren Sky to least favourite, it use to be top of my list but no its a professional farmers ruled paradise, that the devs have forsaken long ago :( [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Darq Guest

Most disliked is probably Lavastorm, because it's hard to see at night without a torch and one wrong step can get you into devils kitchen, and Nektropos Castle 1, just because of Billy and the long wait / zoning in out. and Nektulos, just because of everthing in that zone it's pretty bad, but good flying routes, altough a thexian route would be nice. also none of my favorites are Stormhold, too tight Greater Faydark, this zone was made by someone on drugs, no clear path and a pain to move around, never liked that zone Lower Faydark, just because the Horseroutes are not all connected. Love Barren Sky, Permafrost, Estate of Unrest altough it's too long for too little loot. also Commonlands, and TS because of its Music.
  6. ARCHIVED-Polywogus Guest

Ack, how could I possibly forget the Billy camping... *sobs*
  7. ARCHIVED-Slayan Guest

[p]My FAV : Nektropos Castle, Temple of Cazic-Thule , Enchanted lands[/p][p]Dislikes: Edgewater Drains, Runnyeye[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

I base my favorites based on: overall look, questlines, and available loot and named. Favorite Zones: Lesser Faydark, Greater Faydark, Solusek' Eye, Kaladim Honorable mentions: Feerrot, Steamfront, New Deathfist Citidel, Butcherblock Mountains, Runney Eye, Ruins of Varsoon Least Favorite Zones: Commonlands, Blackburrow, Lavastorm, Mistmore Castle Dishorable mentions: The entire Splitpaw adventure pack
  9. ARCHIVED-colonel75thr Guest

Favorites: Sinking sands (lots of stuff to do) and Steamfont. Baren Sky gets a mention as well Least favorite: Unrest (Yes it is pretty and I didnt play EQ1 so no memories.. Loot doesnt equate to time needed) and Zek.. Just too crowded, too busy I guess
  10. ARCHIVED-Darwanda Guest

[p]Best: Nek Castle - can spend a week in there straight doing quests and never have to zone out for a quest completion.[/p][p] Worst: Gfay, no glide no way to get around effectively.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Lisa522 Guest

[p]My favorites are Nek Castle (love the theme and who can resist Billy?), Zek (I dunno, just like that place), Steamfont, Loping Plains, Island of Mara (gotta love those pig races! and such a pretty zone.. but I wish there was more to do there than just a few quests), Rivervale, Feerott, Tower of the Drafling, Commonlands (reminds me of an African safari). [/p][p] [/p][p]Least favorite: Greater Fay (too much of a hassle to get around in), Thundering Steppes (quests too long and repetitive) [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Since you asked for the asthetic or atmospheric look of a zone as your favorite i shall give that to you. I will break it apart in the verying expansions. Original: Favorite (good) - Ruins of Varsoon. Just love the entire zone looks great. Really can get a feel that varsoon was a crazy man, and fits the lore (evil) - Nek castle. I love the lay out. The twisted stairs. And the lore around it. Beautiful place. Never has light touch it (Neutral) - Sol eye. Great detail there I love the glass paths and i could go in there and just look around and find somthing new. All the gnomish machines as well as they were the original diggers of that place (ala eq1) Worst (Good) - Antonica. BLAND so bland (Evil) - This one is hard i like most all evil zones i dont really have a worst. Maybe that one epic zone in the tower i guess. (Neutral) - Miragul Managerie. It just doesnt have the look it should. Miragul was a man who twisted many different things. He created the mantacores. He was a great sorcorer, and he was given this small zone that shows no real sign of it being used as an experimental place. I mean really was suposed to be his hide out. DoF: Favorite - Shimmering citadel/Poets palace. Its just so beautiful a place. And it fits right in with what it should be. Decked out in gold and artifacts and libraries magnificent Worst - The orc zone (name escapes me). It just doesnt do it for me doesnt really have the look i expected /shrug KoS: Favorite - Vaults. It is what it should be. Libraries everywhere. Books everywhere. Erudites studying trying to find a portal back home. Magic swirls around that place. You know its a place of knowledge nad study Worst - SoS and ANYTHING THAT RESEMBLES IT. They duplicated the look of this zone all over KoS and it is just ugly (See Temple of scale, HoS) ... Note for game play i love HoS i have fun in that zone even tho the pathing blows. EoF: Favorite - Unrest. This is hands down my favotire zone of the entire game as well. I spent SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many days in unrest in EQ1 soloing as my paladin. Learning every path of mobs. Learning every agro point. Knowing what i could take and where. And the fact that in EQ2 it has almost the EXACT same look of the zone that i loved in EQ1. The maze OMG i love that maze i can move swiftly through it and not be lost. And the fact that garanel actually interacts with you during the zone. And you have to do a puzzle to figure things out. Just beautiful OMG i can go on and on about this zone. Worst - Valdoons. It just doesnt do it for me. Its an ok instince i guess but just doesnt really do anything for me bland.
  13. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

[p]Strong Likes:[/p][p]Feerrot always. Oakmyst. Commonlands. Steamfont. Sinking Sands.[/p][p]Mixed:[/p][p]Lavastorm (best looking but worst to play). Faydark (only bad thing is awkward navigation and movement)[/p][p]Strong Dislikes:[/p][p]Runnyeye. Nek Forest. Varsoon.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Fav: Old nek, with lots of danger and an eerie feeling, and a sun that naver came up. Now its just a boring, bland and uniterresting zone, where the sun actually shines a bit. Old FG. Same dark, eerie feeling. And dangerous. Dis: Zek, SS. Bland looking wastelands.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dutchgrrl Guest

[p]This is difficult to answer because of the way things have changed in the game..[/p][p]My Most Fav: Inside the Jeanie Bottle Zone Fav Regular Zone: Maj'Dul[/p][p]Least Fav Zone (Before the changes): Nek Forest (that place was nasty) Least Fav Zone (After Changes): Lavastorm[/p][p]There are other zones that are good/fun/nice looking that do not really qualify as a fav, but the include:[/p][p]Caves of Night Pillar of Flames Clefts[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-naMessiah Guest

I love Tower of the Drafting and it's prolly my fav zone. Looks awesome, but there's not much to do in there. Such as waste. :cry:
  17. ARCHIVED-Sphiriah Guest

Ruins of Varsoon is probably my favorite zone because of all the fun I've had there. My least favorite zone is probably Permafrost. I remember it used to send you to the EF docks whenever you died or evac'd, not to mention the XP there is horribly slow... ><
  18. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

[p]Most Liked: [/p][p]Nek Castle. (Yes, in spite of Billy's lack of appearances ~ he really should auto-pop in the correct locations).[/p][p]Runners-up: [/p][p]Poet's Palace (marred by doors that open randomly, forcing you to stand around waiting). New Tunaria (lovely, but nothing much going on). Stormhold (totally solid zone, loads of names, not that many bugs, loads of quests). Draftling Tower (great design, let down by complete lack of content). KoS zones (nice design, let down by a horrendous and, for a long time, buggy travel system ~ imo, all destinations should be reachable via any cloud platform).[/p][p]Dislikes:[/p][p]Sol Eye (a no go zone for pets, still is. Even the one-way teleporter is a disappointment). Lesser Faydark (an opportunity to add more T6 harvestables totally blown by OTT set decoration ~ "you can't see the wood for the trees" ) Greater Faydark & Butcherblock (lack of quick travel from zone-ins/outs)[/p][p]The Worst Zone Ever:[/p][p]DFC. (It was terrible before the revamp. Hands down the buggiest, laggiest, nightmare of a zone. And now, there's mobs that defy game rules, archers that can shoot you, irrespective of level, but you can't return fire. Mobs with unresistable abilities like charm and fear. It's still a place the casual player will avoid).[/p][p]Also, one of my biggest gripes, everytime I look at the in game map is that you can never get rid of all the black fog. And you should. Even in KoS. When I've travelled to every accessible place in a zone, no fog should remain. (It'd be nice if the fog went away for all my characters once one had uncovered an area).[/p][p] [/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-DizzyGee Guest

[p]My personal favorites:[/p][p]1. Island of Mara: This zone has the very best setup and atmosphere of any zone in the game, hands down - and the quests/instances there are cool too. I want to live there; make housing available there NOW (please)! And please consider opening this zone up to the general population (it's part of the Fallen Dynasty adventure pack), so one can realistically put groups together for it.[/p][p]2. Shimmering Citadel/Poet's Palace: These almost perfect zones are only marred by the randomly opening doors in Poet's (as was mentioned above). The quests are refreshingly different than your typical "Kill 10 Wandering Whatevers."[/p][p]3. New Tunaria: Besides having stunning visuals, this zone is also one of my favorites because I got a server discovery for a sweet robe there (dropped off the final boss in the epicx2 ring event). Would it be possible to add some more stuff to do there?[/p][p] [/p][p]Honorable mentions:[/p][p]1. Fallen Gate: This instance is just pure fun and has good loot. I send all of my toons (yeah, I'm an altoholic) - evil and good - through that place.[/p][p]2. Silent City/Living Tombs: The visuals are great and so is their scope. I also like the healthy mix of soloable, heroic, and epic mobs to be had. The pathing on some of those mobs is just crazy though, and the loot seems a bit meager for the effort it entails, which is why it only receives an honorable mention.[/p][p]3. Steamfont: This is a wonderful zone to grind in and there are a ton of cool quests to do here - it is a good, solid zone.[/p][p] [/p][p]Not high on my list of priorities:[/p][p]1. Lavastorm/Solusek's Eye: Although the graphics are among the best in the game (especially the ramps above the lava), it is such a pain in the butt to get anywhere in the zone that I - unfortunately - tend to avoid these zones.[/p][p]2. Permafrost: This zone could have been better - while the setup and idea are pretty cool (no pun intended), it takes forever and a day to get there, the mobs/corridors are buggy (e.g., invisible mobs), and having to sneak past Vox everytime gets extremely tiring (someone in the group always aggros that beast). I tend to avoid the place if I can.[/p][p]3. Stormhold: I actually used to like the zone a lot, mostly because there are a lot of named to be had, but it is too cramped there to realy enjoy it. Part of my problem with the instance is probably more of a product of me having been there too often (I have the same problem with Runnyeye Citadel).[/p][p] [/p][p]Least favorite zones:[/p][p]1. Butcherblock: This place is just a big pain in the rear to get around. I'm glad I'm a wizard and can pretty much avoid that place altogether.[/p][p]2. Loping Plains: Can you say EXTREMELY LAGGY?[/p][p]3. Blackburrow: I just don't like that place (can't really say why).[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Polywogus Guest

I'm happy to see lots of zones I've yet to explore :D Lava is 1 I keep seeing as not the best, which I agree. Despite it being an outdoor zone, I loved it in EQLive (even post-revamp). When I 1st arrived on the dock in EQ2, I was wow'd by the sky, the dark water (lol...I thought it was lava for like 2 months until I fell in...nevermind the 'crashing waves' sound :p ) - but then moving further into the zone, it was very disappointing. Isle of Mara is a favourite - was a bell I just hadn't explored until someone was asking in chat about it. I would love to live there too :D