Your little automatic Torch update

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-thajoka, Aug 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

It now turns on whenever it wants, randomly, and you have to toggle it off every 5 min or so. Pretty lame. A fix would be pretty sweet =/
  2. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

3. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

I don't see the faintest difference between that hands-free torch being on and off. I've boosted all graphic options to the maximum (including lights), went into a dark area with default /r_gamma 1.0, don't wear any other illuminating items. But I absolutely see nothing concerning a torchish light.
  4. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

ZerkerDwarf wrote:
    Thats really strange, its very bright and noticeable pretty much everywhere for me, in tunnels or dark areas its almost dominant in the scene
  5. ARCHIVED-Kayriie Guest

You can turn this off 2 different ways!
    1.) Press Alt+L (this is only a temporary fix)
    2.) Options > Display > Lighting > Personal Torch (Uncheck it)
    I am not sure how well this will work for most people but it seems to work for me just fine. I do know that this new "torch" thing is probably bugged and might not work for some of you.
  6. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

ZerkerDwarf wrote:
    Stupid question but, have you tried adjusting the "Max torch intensity" slider?
    Also, if you have your "minimum ambient light" set all the way to the right, then you wouldn't notice much of a difference between the torch being on or off nor would you if your character was outside in the middle of the day.
    One other possibility could be that before the patch that added them, you had your "max player torches" set to "0" in which case it might have carried over after the patch which incidentally removed that option. It's a very remote possibility and the only way I know to check now would be to hit the "Defaults" button at the bottom of the "Options" window.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

ZerkerDwarf wrote:
    You need to turn on the Complex Shader Distance past -1 in Options->Display->Performance.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

I know that this is frustrating.
    However there are already several threads about it and the team is working on a fix to make the torch behave politely.
    Let's try and keep the feedback in the existing threads, please.
    Thank you.