Fixed Internally Your inactivity will cause your pet to back off shortly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by jonnyandme, Dec 17, 2023.

1. jonnyandme New Member

[IMG]
    i just land to update quest getting this message Your inactivity will cause your pet to back off shortly repeatedly , this been going on over a year reported a few times yet you guys have yet to fix it any plans on fixing it ? tried to post screenshot but can't
  2. Terrius Well-Known Member

my favorite thing is that since BoZ my pet has been doing this... INCOMBAT while I'm actively hitting buttons. Doesn't seem to matter where I am either, I've had him back off in overlands, solos, h1s and h2s for no reason other than "your inactivity will cause your pet to back off shortly" again despite being actively doing things and casting spells. :(
    Juraiya, SolarFaire and Twyla like this.
  3. Twyla Well-Known Member

I get it a lot when I'm talking to the NPC's. Go up to them, click them, barely read the first two words and my pet will back off due to inactivity. Funny thing is, when I'm in the GH crafting, which takes a lot of time sometimes, it's stopped showing up. Sadly, since there doesn't seem to be any interest in fixing this, I've gotten into the habit of re-setting up my warder again (whether it needs it or not) before I leave the NPC. Maybe this is another way they are slowing us down.
    SolarFaire and jonnyandme like this.
  4. Celestia Well-Known Member

Who ever is in charge of pets in the game is laughing at our annoyance, I swear. People have been asking for the Channeler pet to quit disappearing during fights but to no avail. I love this game but I’m tired of the silence and the lack of communication on if they intend to do something. And now this bug that you brought up makes me sigh into my palm too. One more thing.
    GrunEQ, Juraiya and Kattt like this.
  5. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I have never seen this message. Perhaps it doesnt affect Coercer or Illusionist pets. But perhaps if you captured a video showing it happen live the devs will be more apt to respond. There was a mouse glitch a few years back that they couldnt see happen or replicate until I posted a short video clip. Might help.
  6. Trakum Active Member

I see this quite often and i'm not a pet class
    I'm a Ranger and Its coming from my "Heartseeker Hawk"

I have to constantly select "Protect Me" and "Protect Yourself" as they seem to always disengage
    SolarFaire and jonnyandme like this.
  7. Trakum Active Member

[IMG]

Like in this image - i had set the behavior options to "Auto Assist", "Protect Me" and "Protect Yourself"

Then, like an inactive Merc that's been sitting around too long, it deactivates "Protect Me" and "Protect Yourself" and generates that chat message ("Auto Assist" remains active)

Starting combat in this "quasi" state, the pet will not engage even if the "Auto Assist" is selected.
    (it could've been doing damage and only the attacking graphic was lost, did not think to check sorry - will update post when it happens again)

If i die and my pet is in this "quasi" state, the pet comes back to the behavior i had initially selected "Protect Me" and "Protect Yourself" - The attacking graphics seem to be lost but still does dmg

To get the attacking graphics back i have to physically toggle "Protect Me" and "Protect Yourself" off and on

Very odd pet behavior IMO

Dont hate my edits , just trying to provide as much pertinent info as I can :rolleyes:
  8. jonnyandme New Member

how do you add pictures i tried asking for a link it on my desktop hmm
  9. jonnyandme New Member

so DB any plans looking into to this i started killing beetle crabs then Bamm [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    SolarFaire likes this.
  10. Evilary Well-Known Member

Funny thing. I was out harvesting and didn't want to dismiss my pet so I set it to back off. Every time I would zone, it would turn the auto assist back on and would not give that message if I stayed put and actually afked. I wonder why it gives the message sometimes while actively fighting stuff but others it won't give the message no matter what you try to do.
    Twyla likes this.
  11. jonnyandme New Member

i keep getting this message Your inactivity will cause your pet to back off shortly repeatedly , this been going on over a year reported a few times yet you guys have yet to fix it any plans on fixing it ? tried to post screenshot but can't
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

If you afk for a few this message will come on. It prevents botters from leaving the pet in a cave and leveling all night without any input from the player.
  13. Evilary Well-Known Member

The problem they are probably referring to is you get this message while actively fighting. I have seen multiple threads on this in the past. I'm not sure at this point if they are going to address it.
  14. jonnyandme New Member

im not afk when it happens
  15. Evilary Well-Known Member

I at no point said you were. I said you were probably referring to getting it while actively fighting.
    Twyla and SolarFaire like this.
  16. Twyla Well-Known Member

I get it quite often. Go to NPC to start/continue/complete quest, stop, click NPC, message appears, do conversation, message spamming like mad, finish conversation and sometimes have to reactivate warder sometimes not. It's an odd, confusing, and annoying bug.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  17. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

I've been noticing it with my conjy. Sometimes, it starts that after only 60 seconds.
    jonnyandme likes this.
  18. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Heck, sometimes I get it while crafting or checking broker, and other times while talking to someone. If I am typing or searching windows, I consider that being active.
  19. MikeBob2023 Active Member

I receive these messages while playing my Conjuror also, and I'm never afk when I get them (they're displayed in an orange font on my chat screen).

I got them frequently during Frostfell while I harvested presents in Frostfell Wonderland Village. I've also gotten them in other locations where there are no enemy creatures anywhere nearby (crafting areas, etc).
  20. MikeBob2023 Active Member

This is still an issue.
    SolarFaire likes this.