Your favourite healer class to duo with since LU 13 ? (looking for advice from paladin's view)

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Aydria Lucan, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Aydria Lucan Guest

Hello all,
    This is my first post on these forums, and I have tried searching for the answers but I cant seem to find a thread that is paladin based.
    I am returning to Eq2 after 4 or 5 months away, and alot has changed, with Paw, DoF LU 13 etc, and I am at odds as to what healer to make to group with my friend who is a lv 46 paladin.
    So basically I would like your experiences of the different healer types in a duo context since LU 13 if that is possible, as well as the advantages you found in comparison to other healers.
    I can not make up my mind between a Templar, Fury or Warder, partly because I know eq2 is designed in such a way that all archetypes play pretty well together.
    However if you have a Favorite I would be grateful to hear your advice as to which in a Duo situation is the most useful
    I have asked my friend but she says to play what ever. Our goals are to duo mostly, doing quests, that often require some heroics, but mostly fighting normal mobs, or not too tough. For example we used to Duo zone in in CT, ferroott, and Sinking sand is a option now.
    what im looking for mostly, is a Healer that can heal well on tough mobs that can reasonable be duoed, (im not talking hard, higher lv heroics as i know they are now for groups of 3 or more mostly,) as well as helping add some damage and utility that fits the paladin class best.
    I first picked a templar because of hps buffs, mitigation and good heals. however compared to duo with a fury with more dps, needing less healing over the course of the battle which would you pick - and what type of stuff do you do normally with your healer friend.
    I know this may be difficult to answer but any decent advice would be helpful,- I know you will all probably say pick which ever, but ive spent 2 weeks making and deleting chars now playing all 3 priests past lv 20 to get a feel and I cant go the priest forums as they are may be biased towards thier own class rather than what fits best with a paladin as tank for 90% of my eq time.
  2. ARCHIVED-WAPCE Guest

Of the offensive priests, I'd recommend a Fury, they have a some good DPS, and group invis is great fun too.

However, I'd also suggest considering a scout or mage DPS class. Paladins have some excellent short-term healing capabilities for both themselves and group members, and if you're interested in duoing normal mobs and lesser heroics, you could move them at a pretty quick rate with such a combo. I duoed a Berserker/Warlock combo with my girlfriend into the mid-40's (with virtually no healing capability between us) and I loved it.
  3. ARCHIVED-djhbeek Guest

would agree ... i had alot of luck duoing with a ranger. in a duo with dps, you don't really have to taunt, you just steal their hate. and they burn the mobs down before you get killed. duoing with a healer is safer sometimes, but you really suffer because neither of you are really dps ... so the fights are often close to a stalemate ... they can't kill you, but you can't kill them, or at least, not very fast ...
  4. ARCHIVED-NighthawkX Guest

If your really looking more towards healers I would say fury, avoid the templar, although a good healer the lower damage just compounds the paladins with also have low damage. The fury would add more bite to the group, not a lot but deffinately some which the paladin is missing.
    If your just interested in the duo though a warlock wouldn't be bad as you could help end fights faster, might I suggest a troubador decent damage little more reliable than the warlock and helps beef up the paladin with better defense add some healing, and adds some damage to the paladin.
    Enjoy what you like but I think the higher damage of at least the fury is what you would want, as the paladins got the rest covered he just don't have that.
  5. ARCHIVED-Majorminor Guest

Can't really add much the Fury is a nice dps/healer period
  6. ARCHIVED-Arknen Guest

Healer pfft
    My favourite duo atm is with a Necro. On heroics, his pet pulls, I grab aggro, stun, ward etc then just sit back taunting while his shadowy assasin downs heroics in next to no time, no loss of aggro ever, and necros even have a heal that is better than Pious Aid at Master 1, go figure. We can take 48^^^ in about 30 seconds and chain pull about 6-8 without having to stop for power.
    Of course if you feel you want to do some dps, let him get his tank pet out, which you can ward and heal and stick the 2h on and go offensive.
  7. ARCHIVED-Darkwlkr Guest

The better half and I Duo as a Pally, Warden combo. We do well and take triple up heroc's. Its just about knowing your toon and role well, and your limitations.
  8. ARCHIVED-Schwankdaddy Guest

Without a doubt - Has to be a Fury.
    Nice healing, nice utilities (group invis :smileyhappy:) and not to mention they just got a serious upgrade to their DPS - which makes up for our loss in DPS.