Your Favorite Dirge skill

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Salmastryon, Apr 23, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I had an idea for a fun and informative thread. The question being what are your favorite Dirge skill and why?

For myself surprisingly enough it is the Bria's line. Those spells make a noticable impact when crafting. With a drink and Bria's up I can hit the power tradeskill skill every other tick and keep my power at full for emergancy measure on an item.

For combat my current favorite is Garsin's Funeral March. There is just something about making an enemy running away appeal to me. Also the spell is really useful whether soloing or grouping in managed large group mobs. I Lanet's then fear a mob and keep doing that until its dead then move to next mob and it keeps one out of the damage dealing action on the tank.

So what are the reswt of ya'lls favorites and why?
  2. ARCHIVED-Meadsong Guest

I actually think the level 10 bard training option Root is my personal favourite. It has so many uses and applications; even conned mobs are half dead by the time they get close to me. It's saved many a group mates life, and my own countless times. In all it just totally rocks. I don't know how I got along without it before.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ylisaxa Guest

I love Lanet's just because when I am getting owned by a mob while soloing I can throw that on and run :p

Hey presto, dead mob ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-cult22 Guest

Surprisingly, I'll have to go for Lanet's aswell. When you fight those thight close encounters, and you drop lanet's perfectly at the end of the battle and leave the mob with just a bare minimum of health, thats when i just love that skill :D
  5. ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava Guest

I love Lanet's as well, but if I had to make a choice of having only one Dirge skill it would be JMA for the speed.
    With JMA and Pathfinding, I can simply run through dangerous high level areas without getting touched (except for casting mobs which tend to get in maybe a hit). I don't even have Jboots yet.
    It's also helpful because your whole party gets the speed buff, so they too can run through.
    It's also awesome for harvesting, and doing so in bad places.
  6. ARCHIVED-SalusVictus Guest

Rin's Song of Luck and upgrades. +5 to my attack & defense skills takes a close encounter and makes it a walk in the park.
  7. ARCHIVED-MiscreantPyro Guest

Run speed, rez, boon, in that order.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lubony Guest

Jaels dreadful depletion, thats right, the double bow shot, i got master 1 of it and can do about 1300 damage with 1 shot and thats without the proc, proc can add aroudn 1 to 300 more.
  9. ARCHIVED-domoresayless Guest

I'm gonna agree with the above poster on jaels... in addition to shooting the 2 arrows for no power, regaining health, and doing lots of damage: it seems like both arrows have their own separate chance at proccing. That includes yor bow proc, the graves peach line of procs, AND the proc of the weapon in your main hand.

ie: if you get lucky, this thing looks like you're firing a shotgun :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

That's pretty much dead on. I might put boon in front of rez though as I use it alot more.
  11. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

Jaels dreadful depletion, thats right, the double bow shot, i got master 1 of it and can do about 1300 damage with 1 shot and thats without the proc, proc can add aroudn 1 to 300 more

Dang. I'm only doing about 600 dmg with it at adept III. Of course I have a crap bow -- waiting on getting a cedar or something. And I use crap arrows most of the time. What bow and arrows are you using to get that much dmg?
  12. ARCHIVED-Cloudeq2 Guest

Only Lanets really stands out for me. Instead of picking one skill though, I like the fact that we have alot to choose from and therefore are fairly versatile.
  13. ARCHIVED-xevan Guest

So far at lvl 24 loving Lanets.
    MiscreantPyro's posting of speed, rez, boon, give me hope.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

Wail of Banshee for me. Some dont like it but on multiple mob encounters I like it. Somewhere around 70 per tick for 4 ticks, if say 5 mobs in encounter thats around 1400 damage for around a lil over 200 power. It can be practically chain casted to keep the ticks going and really ups the dps ratio I think. But most of all I think it just looks cool, I like the way it winds up then does like a double smack on them.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

JMA, Rez eh yeah.
  16. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Havlen: arrow type doesn't affect combart art damage, only autoattack damage.
  17. ARCHIVED-Orgingrinder Guest

JMA is nice but there are limits, doesn't help in raids and since i raid, it's basically a fluff spell to me. Jaels master 1 is insane, like the above posters have indicated it does around 1300 damage (does cost 2 arrows tho).

Rezz song is also good during raids. Any priest who rezzes on a raid with either a dirge or paladin on that raid is a moron. Rezz song allows priests to heal and concentrate on keeping tanks alive.

Favorites though are a pair of songs with a trio friend. 1) Harls Kindling Strain 2) Riannas Spiteful Sustation.

Riannas has always been my favorite line over Boon, simply for the haste factor. Master 1, Riannas offers 31% haste and 2% dps increase. Harls gives 5% dps increase. With both of those spells on, my damage rating on weapons is increased by 2. Factor in Lithe Disbelief (the sleeper of all dirge songs, imo) and you are a force.

For a raiding sense, I will never cast boon, unless I'm trying to take aggro. Boon = swan song = troubador crutch. Dps all the way in raid instances.

Last two conc slots on raids usually end up going to lvl 40 trait of discante or resists, then Zanders choral rebuff. Infact, I think I change my comments above.. Zanders Choral Rebuff is my favorite spell. Drop monster encounter spell avoidance by 11... *shrug* I like all the little mages bowing to me in gratefullness

Orgingrinder
    50 dirge
    Grobb
    Message Edited by Orgingrinder on 05-01-2005 09:34 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-FlyingFin Guest

REZ???? what am I missing - I dont see a Dirge Rez Spell - is my list out of date?
  19. ARCHIVED-Zarzu Guest

at lvl 44 you'll get it and it does actually work in combat

jaels (master 1), rez and boon - no troubi in our alliance yet...
    Message Edited by Zarzu on 05-02-2005 12:00 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-FlyingFin Guest

Thanks man - 43 now... soooo close