Your experience with mercenary DPS at level 100.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by chunky, Jun 20, 2017.

1. chunky New Member

So, I know what mine is, and I'm wondering if anyone found anything special that helps a little more. I know they're of limited use. You're probably not ever going to use them for Heroics on up in Kunark Ascending zones. And eventually, you're more than strong enough to stop needing them for Solo and Advanced solo completely. There are other places they are still useful though, like in Terrors of Thalumbra, and in Public Quests. So that's why I decided to look into what gets their max DPS.

Of the mercenaries I've tried so far (rare tier), it's come down to pure autoattack. it is practically where all of their dps comes from. They tend to have only one ability they ever cast for damage, and though this seems variable, you're usually looking at about a minute between each single cast of low-damage spell/ability.

Potency is great for healing, and since Potency does not increase autoattack damage, the only benefit from the 1k pot accolade is because it also has a combination of Flurry Chance and Weapon Damage Bonus attached to it. Which is why DPS also seems to go up a bit. So the 1k pot accolade is a good route, but there are accolades with much higher WDB which seems to have the greatest affect when you have a well-rounded pallet of stats in autoattack.

Most of the hit types appear to be a combination of Multi-attack and Flurry, (a few multi-attack adorns are good) and the more crit chance and crit bonus you have, the harder they can hit. It also seems good to have as much of the DPS stat you can without sacrificing the more important stats. Also, the DPS will increase with a single weapon skills adornment somewhere, at least one with touch of accuracy and strikethrough, a reforge on one piece of accuracy, and then get as close to 100% strikethrough by reforging as possible. At this point, all of their autoattack swings should be hitting.

The formula gets about 55 million DPS with Cara Omica [rare archon Inquisitor class] against the Epic Guardian dummy and with not a single Stardust Accolade in use. I think I could get maybe another 10-20mil DPS with a different merc, one a little more intended for DPSing, but this is just the one I spent the most time extensively testing.

Take note that even though some stats are absent from the Attributes tab of your merc, it doesn't mean they don't come into play.

It's not that I'm surprised that this is the most I can get, but I think someone has found something interesting that works better. Maybe a certain mercenary, maybe a certain spell, or maybe certain piece of gear. So that is my question. What can be done aside from class-specific buffs to increase that better? I'm certain some have buffs that not every class has access to. But I wouldn't mind hearing about that, too, if those buffs even apply...

And it may be a little bit of a touchy subject, but I'm guessing the mercs were not intended to have proc gear of any kind, or did I miss something?
  2. Wizx13 Member

Claz'zakla is by far the best for me. I love running him with my ranger. Rank 5 with over 500 resolve I usually just run around the zone while it kills everything :)
    You can easily get 55m dps outta him.