your DPS

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Tearltwo, Dec 28, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Tearltwo Guest

Ok, I've seen many posts here of guards doing 1500+ DPS. I have spiked that high, only in raids with a good setup...but when I'm solo (or dou-ing with my templar wife), I can't get anywhere near that.
    I'm fairly well equipped. I don't use a dinner plate (until I can get that mirror made!). I'm specced down the STR and AGI line primarily. I run ACT and only see up to about 800DPS on a single fight on a level 80 mob. I think I usually DPS about 500-ish (hardly ever lower) while soloing and in defensive stance. How are you guys DPSing over 1k solo? Please keep this to comprable mobs...I can easly DPS extremely high by going out and whacking some grey mobs in a couple of hits to make it look good. I'm talking about even con mobs (usually 1 ups in JW).
    Look up my profile if you are that interested in my gear" width="15" height="15">
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=412984203

Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

a guard pulling 1500+ DPS is either using buckler spec or is using a 2 hander.
    using a tower shield cuts yours DPS by nearly 40% so it's not surprising you are sitting that low.
    solo your numbers will be relatively low, depending on what buffs you have running from your healer.
    as a 80 zerk my static figures with buckler are about 1300DPS on single targets, slightly higher on multiples. when i use my specials it can go up to 3k+ while solo but guardians do not get Destruction, open wounds or juggernautt so don't expect to be shooting much higher than 1500 while solo/duoing.
    as well, looking at your gear setup you are fully defensively geared, your gear can adverseley affect your DPS quite a bit. take my offensive gear for example which also works quite well for tanking anything heroic or below:
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=421559205
    look those items up and you will see almost all of them are easily obtainable and have bonuses to double attack or melee crit and are usable by guards as well, crits and DA doesn't show in the SP descriptions for some reason..
  3. ARCHIVED-Macross_JR Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    That is incorrect. I have ditched the buckler and went back to tower shields and still can average about 1400, with spikes up to 2k. About the same but a little bit lower from using a buckler spec. But then again I'm wearing all the nice gear from RoK quests and a couple of instance items to up my dps.
  4. ARCHIVED-Soligen2 Guest

Solo it's always lower, but in and reasonable group I break 1500 easily and spike close to 2500. If I have a dirge 2k is common. I'm tower shield speced str 4,4,8, and AGI & Int all the way down. the key is getting +crit, + double attack, + combat art gear and a good weapon. When I remove this gear for resists my DPS drops alot. Also a good haste item (cloak of flames or amulet of the forsworn). Gear is RoK legendary. I usually pop an elixer of tactics on named. Oh yes, and get a tynonium ring of strength - a must have.
    In a Labs status run I spiked over 3k.
  5. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

specked STR 4,4,6,8 AGI 4,4,8,8 INT 4,4,6,8,2 I'm doing 900-1100 with a tower shield and 1200-2k+ duel wielding - solo I would take away 2-300 DPS I also had a macro that put my duel wielder on and threw me into offensive stance and one that put a tower on and threw me into defensive

specked buckler AGI 4,4,4,8 STA 4,4,8,8 INT 4,4,7,8,1 solo I'm doing 1k+ in groups iv seen 2800 . I got my ToS and a tower shield macro's when I need them. I recently just specked STA so any input on the way i did it would be kool.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

You're better off dropping agi from your lines if you aren't tanking four mobs at once in a group in rok, there's a pitiful amount of mobs that are linked in groups. Take str instead and your dps should take a big jump.
  7. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

I was thinking about that myself the crit bonus would be nice
  8. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

Here are some zone wide parses from tier 1 RoK zones. I do not raid with a buckler spec, if you check out my profile now I have a buckler but that's because I switch over to buckler for instances.

The Protector's Realm:
    Blaye 969730 | 1772.82
    Blaye 7126801 | 1859.33

Throne Room:
    Blaye 2544422 | 1418.30 <-------- Ouch!

Thuuga:
    Blaye 3243210 | 1956.10

Raid Spec I'm down STR/AGI/INT (the parses above are with this spec)
    Group Spec I'm down STR/AGI/STA/INT
  9. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

Are there any good RoK bucklers quested or solo/group dropped?
  10. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

I remember there being 1 quested buckler that seemed reasonably good, but I have the howler so it was vendored.
    The MC buckler is probably about as good as any dropped/quested buckler you'll see in RoK.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bramwell Guest

This is a quested one which I believe is also a drop somewhere. Personally I would probably use the Festering Flesh over this though if you do not have the Buckler of the Howler.
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-BoneSmasher Guest

I normally parse over 2K ZW in any instance in RoK. I have hit 5K on some names, depending on the group setup.
    A couple of zonewides.
    Chelsith - No DPS support classes
    Brand 2131.38
    Protectors Realm - Full defensive with a tower shield and no dirge in the MT group.
    Brand 1506.42 Yes, I suck. lol
    Soloing in Skyfire against the level 81 single ups, I parse 1.5 to 3.5K depending on what CAs are up at the moment.
    I never solo in defensive mode and don't know why anyone would.
    I just have the same old dropped and quested RoK gear as everyone else, so it should not be hard to hit these numbers.