You think the Seafury Bucaneers have anything they need crafted?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Bozidar, Apr 25, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Bozidar Guest

OK, so i'm a Pirate. The AGI line is a requirement for any brigand in our guild. It's a must..

but when i'm crafting, i'm forced to craft for this coalition of tradefolk? Who're these fat cat merchants? These are the guys i rob and steal from, that's who!

We have crafting writs for various factions throughout Kunark now, how about some tradeskill writs for our factions in the rest of Norrath? I have a feeling that my tailor could be making more than a few Jibs and Mainsails for the Seafuries. I think they'd love to have some ballistae missles from my woodworker. I KNOW they'd like some belaying pins from him, what ELSE are ya gonna knock people on the heads with before you drag them off into the Pressgang?

Just an idea, but crafting writs for the other existing city factions would be a lot of fun, and a way for 80 crafters with max factions to progress further.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kitsune286 Guest

But wouldn't that be your best dream come true? Not only do you work for them, you steal from them and they are totally oblivious! Your pocketing double the profits.

On a slightly more serious note, they would probably steal what they needed. The Overlord pays (i assume, somehow) the Trades folk to equip his militia, and I'm sure the mage and priest guilds probably do the same.

I'm fairly sure they would all rahter hire-for-kill services than yet another crafter they have to deal with. =p
  3. ARCHIVED-Grimlux Guest

I agree OP. I think its highly unfair a Tradeskiller can set themselves in front of one station and get 40k faction with their coalition in a day, if not a couple days. If you want to work with your "favorite" faction, you have to pick up a writ.... run for 15 minutes to where the mob may be, in whatever zone they may be in and kill them. Now I can Call back home, pick up another one. Run out to mob "15 minutes later" and kill them. Sweet! 300 faction... oh crap... Call's down for another 30 minutes. Total BS. I'd be more inclined to Tradeskill personally if I knew I could gain faction with the Arcane Scientists or what have you.
  4. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Praetorate@Nektulos wrote:
    Here we go again. I agree, 40K faction in one day would be outlandish. But so is 40K faction over 8 tiers or after you have maxed the levels. It is next to impossible with the current writs and trade skill experience gain. My armorer is 50 and has 10,000 Ironforge exchange faction. That's 200 writs at 150 faction each, which are far more writs than will be required to level from 50 to 80 while taking advantage of first time disco experience also.
    How would an adventurer like to be told to go get 40,000 faction after he had capped the levels; faction that they could not have earned previously unless the adventurer knew in 2004 what was coming in 2008 or wanted to spend more time leveling in his trade than he was actually required? Would the adventurer be happy killing mobs, running 15 and killing for 15 minutes just to get 150 faction?
  5. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

OK... A level 80 crafter can complete a rush order in about 6 minutes.
    A level 80 brigand (the class of the OP) can complete a writ from the seafury buccaneers in about 10 minutes....maybe 15 if you want to wait for evac to refreh in order to cross kylong plains, but you could do a writ from at least 1 other faction during that 15 minutes as well.

Yes there is an imbalance, but it's not completely outrageous.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bozidar Guest

I could care less about the imbalance, and dont want to make this a balancing thread

There are a lot of crafters out there who are NOT adventurers. They might like to also work for other factions in their cities. That was all I was suggesting :)
  7. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Bozidar wrote:
    What other factions? I'd like to be able to get some more faction with the Qeynos guards, the priest guild, etc. But I don't want to earn it doing tradeskills. All my tradeskill combines are needed for Ironforge. In Qeynos, what other tradeskill faction is there besides Ironforge.
  8. ARCHIVED-Grimlux Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    You may not want to, but others may want to....
  9. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

While I agree that it would be fun to be able to do crafting writs for the other factions, it's also good to realize that right now there's a balance between adventure and crafting writs.

To do an adventure writ, you spend the travel time, and it rewards status only.

To do a crafting writ, you spend about the same amount of time harvesting as the adventurer does traveling (or you choose to spend money to buy raws instead), you purchase fuels, and you are reimbursed slightly above your fuel cost in cash plus status.

To me, those are nicely balanced. If they do add crafting writs of some kind for other factions, it will have to be done with some care so as not to unbalance things.
  10. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

BTW, do you know of any way currently to get more faction with Qeynos guards through any means? I'm know about the city writs and do those, but they don't give Qeynos guards faction. Or did that possiblity get discarded when the cities all decided to cooperate.
  11. ARCHIVED-Grimlux Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    There is a questline that starts in one of the noob zones (Forest Ruins/Oakmyst/Caves) etc. I cant remember which, If you do all the quests from those noob zones that lead out into Antonica (atleast I did) you will have roughly between 5k-6k qeynos guard faction. It would be pretty cool if they added more quests like that. Writs just get old fast. atleast to me.
  12. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

I have to agree with this. Gaining faction with your TS society is fine as it is, and can be done at a proper pace. It takes some effort, but it doesn't take forever and then some. The other factions are EXTREMELY painful to gain faction with, especially because you need to travel back and forth all the time.

I think the rewarded faction pr. adventure writ would need to be significantly higher than 150, in order to balance this out.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bozidar Guest

Amphibia wrote:
    not just that it's hard to get faction with other societies.. but that RoK opened up the game so that we could tradeskill for faction with societies other than our home TS society.
    I'm just asking to expand that idea to our other HOME societies. If the Bathazid watch has things i can make to supply them, why not the Seafury Buccaneers or the Freeport Militia?
  14. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Amphibia wrote:
    Hmmm. Have you raised a new crafter on writs lately? New crafters will reach the level cap long before earning 40K local crafting society faction. Remember this is earned at 100 or 150 a write. If the crafter fails the rush order he still is earning crafting experience by the combine and leveling up, which is a problem with my armorer because of the bugs in some of the armorer countering skills.
    Are one of those hardy souls who have capped a crafter and then gone back to doing writs for faction alone? That's the alternative I have for my old time crafters who long ago capped 70 and are now capped at 80. That is a non-option for me. I just won't spend ten minutes of game time for 150 little faction points, not when I can be using the same 10 minutes to level another toon in a new craft. Problem is, that new toon will also reach the cap without having maxed the faction.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zberyn Guest

I've just recently come back, and now that I'm playing a lot more casually, I have silly little goals that I never had time for back whenever. The big one? Level my Guild that is just me, myself and I all the way to max level, while having all 9 Tradeskills at max level, with their Epics and a nice little crafting business up and running. I've always loved the social and market side of EQ2, I just never had the time for it prior to leaving and returning.
    This suggestion sort of tickles my interest, because I've become quite the city-body lately, doing a LOT of writs with my up-and-coming tradeskillers, since I can commit to the time it takes to do a tradeskill writ or two, and do them as rush orders if I know I'll have uninterrupted time. Worse comes to worse, I go AFK mid writ and have to fail at that rush order.
    My Sage is now almost Level 72, and I'm pretty sure I'll be doing writs long after she's 80, just because I still have 53 Guild Levels to go, and I'll not often have time to go do adventurer writs (plus, you go AFK at the wrong time out in the wilds, and come back dead, eh?). I do like some of the rewards for the factions other than the Tradeskill related faction, and definitely they could need stuff I can craft, if you ask me!
    Honestly, I'd be happy to earn half the Rep I earn per rush order to do writs for the combat factions. Also, they could flip flop that and give combat writs to earn Ironforge faction at half the Rep per run. It would be harder to rep up with the oposite style of factions, but then it would also be doable, so it's a matter of options for the player.
    Plus, there's one old school faction that we can raise via tradeskills vs how many that cannot be raised with tradeskills? If there was just that one elusive faction that was not accessible by tradeskills, it might be a bit different, but it's definitely not that way.
    Just some random thoughts.