You nerfed alts and returning players. Again.

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by ZUES, Sep 12, 2023.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

The community is getting smaller by the day. This game is fast approaching 20 years old. TWENTY YEARS!
    Why do you keep nerfing the value of alts? Like the prestige points for example.
    Why are you constantly making it harder for returning players to get caught up?

You guys should be doing the exact opposite of what you're doing. The free gear boxes were an awesome addition! Two thumbs up! But it's not going far enough. There needs to be a myth, upgradable myth 2.0, master spells, expert level ascension spells (up to level 20), etc. There's still mountains to climb, even with that stuff. Empower them. Stop nerfing them. Player retention and friendships come from the endgame.

Thumbs down to this resolve nerf on mounts. Most end game players wont feel it. Because of the scale this will be highly visible to lower players running thru old (now irrelevant) content. You should have doubled their resolve. You went the wrong direction. Just my opinion. I hope you all have a wonderful day!
    girney and MikeBob2023 like this.
  2. Tyrval Active Member

I think you are misreading. It's a resolve gain for players. Like the only people that don't come out ahead are ones with the newest mount infusion, who it would be a wash for. Most people gain roughly 15-25 relative to content.
    Aethos and SolarFaire like this.
  3. ZUES Well-Known Member

You mean the Labor Day sale incentive to get current mounts on all of our alts and boost returning players? That one? The one that had resolve today, and allowed them to get thru the last 5 expansions, but is now nerfed and made it harder on them? That one? I read it correctly. I did the math.
    MikeBob2023 likes this.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

It says "reduced by", not "reduced to". Think about it.

• Terrors of Thalumbra encounters have been reduced by 15 resolve.
    • Kunark Ascending encounters have been reduced by 30 resolve.
    • Planes of Prophecy encounters have been reduced by 50 resolve.
    • Chaos Descending encounters have been reduced by 85 resolve.
    • Blood of Luclin encounters have been reduced by 125 resolve.
    • Reign of Shadows encounters have been reduced by 230 resolve.
    • Visions of Vetrovia encounters have been reduced by 290 resolve.
    • Renewal of Ro encounters have been reduced by 345 resolve.
    SolarFaire and MikeBob2023 like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Yes. All of those encounters were reduced by the amount of resolve gained by their relative mount gains, including the highest mount buffs.

Even if you're a free to play account, you should have well above the resolve needed for any content EXCEPT the highest expansion you have access to by simply walking into the highest expac you can get to and taking the gear out of the box at the start of the expansion, so I'm not sure where your complaint is coming from here.

The *only* people who potentially lose out here are the people with 30% mount buffs and the top end mounts, and even THEY shouldn't actually lose anything, but just break even, while every other player in game effectively gains resolve against the encounters they are fighting - unless you were using a higher expansion mount to fight older expansion content, in which case you can ALSO use higher expansion gear to fight older expansion content.
  6. Steps New Member

A player with a 9735 resolve total, wearing a 330 resolve mount. Cannot do T5 raid content safely, because the resolve requirement WAS 9749 resolve.

Resolve was REMOVED from mounts, putting the player at 9405 resolve.

Resolve was LOWERED on all RENEWAL OF RO ENCOUNTERS by 345 resolve. What does that make a T5 raid mob's resolve requirement?

9404....Congrats, you GAINED resolve indirectly due to the change because the goal posts were moved. Think about it.
    Aethos likes this.
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

The Collectors Edition with 25% was 293 resolve. The Premium addition celestial mount was even higher. Like I said it's a nerf.
    MikeBob2023 likes this.
  8. Tyrval Active Member

H3 mobs had 9665 resolve, so being reduced to 345 would be a somewhat more dramatic change.

A fabled mount in RoR is 250 resolve and raid/rare mounts are 265, with infusers (depending on its the latest p2w) taking that up to like 320-335. A 345 drop is larger than that, and far larger to someone without the best resolve mount and infuser. This will help returning players. I mean you could say the drop should be bigger, and I would agree, but you are just wrong on the values and didn't do the math correctly for RoR if you for some reason think people will lose resolve to get into RoR content.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  9. Clintsat Well-Known Member

This was 100% a win for returning/new players and alts.
    Manafizzle, Drona, Athenia and 2 others like this.
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

RoR, RoR, RoR..... stop mentioning RoR! I'm talking about the last 5 expansions! You're incorrectly assuming that most returning players only need RoR. That's wrong! Today, all the old content got much harder for them. This was a massive nerf for returning players and alts. Read my original post. I said "Most end game players wont feel it"! What don't you understand? What part of the math do you need help with? 293 this morning. 0 this afternoon. Get it?
  11. vlada Active Member

i have BOTH high end mounts [glaura & perse raid carpet] and i have the 30% buff. im not nerfed. i will break even and the buff gives me 5R back. you will be fine zues.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

(facepalm)
  13. ZUES Well-Known Member

That's YOU. And only in RoR. But from VoV back it's a nerf.
  14. ZUES Well-Known Member

LOL! I don't understand what you guys don't understand about my original post.
  15. vlada Active Member

no,it isnt. really
  16. vlada Active Member

you are wrong. thats all.sorry.
    Insulted likes this.
  17. Tyrval Active Member

Your post makes no sense because you are probably one of the only people in the game wanting to use a RoR (current) mount to go back and do old content, and not use the gear from the box sitting in raj'dur that would immediately make old content obsolete because you'd be thousands of resolve over it. I know dozens of players that have trouble making resolve in RoR. I have never even heard of someone doing the weird, convoluted path you are of 'I want a RoR mount and go back to do several expansions ago', which even still doesn't make sense because VoV mounts... were maxed at 290. The resolve mirrors the mounts of each expansions.
  18. Taled Well-Known Member

As I said, if you were capable of using the current mounts that provide a high level of resolve in order to 'cheat' your resolve above the needed resolve for the older content, you are ALSO capable of using the higher resolve gear from the boxes in the higher Tishan's Lockboxes to completely negate the resolve requirements in those older expansions.

Your complaint is completely meritless. If you're running Blood of Luclin content and using the RoR mount so you can break the resolve amount, but refuse to use the gear from the RoR lockbox for some reason, well, that's on you.

All of the mounts that lost resolve ALSO have level requirements to provide their stat bonuses, so in order for you to gain the resolve bonuses from them, you have to be the appropriate level in order to use them. Which means you also have to be the appropriate level to wear the lockbox gear. Which means the only 'punishment' here is provided by yourself.

The resolve removed from the mounts is LESS than the equivalent resolve removed from the encounters in their matching expansions; If you're trying to run old expacs with a new mount and old gear, then yes - you would have less resolve now, but.. why on earth are you trying to run those zones with old gear and a new mount?
    SolarFaire likes this.
  19. Taled Well-Known Member

Sure, but only in the sense that you would need to overcome a resolve level that you are already well above by wearing the gear given to you at the start of the Raj'Dur zone entrance, which is free and requires ZERO effort to obtain beyond clicking 'buy' 21 times.

What we don't understand is why you can't explain the reason your resolve is so low that you can't manage old content when you're given a full set of.. 375? resolve gear at the start of the newest expansion where the mount you're complaining about losing resolve is from.
  20. vlada Active Member