You may need to re-patch to preview this item

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Seneeb, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Seneeb New Member

So, i'm having an issue previewing house items, I'm getting the error in the dressing room You may need to re-patch to preview this item. I've tested multiple items, across multiple characters, on multiple accounts, with multiped ui's (drums, darq, default) I know it's not an issue with item age, because it's the summer 2020 decoration pack from last week, (the ebony bedroom set stuff). also on these items when i try to place them, I cannot see them!

I've tried validating the installation, it says everything is up to date. I havent tried yet on a different computer
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What server? Are you streaming the game, or do you have a full download? If you're streaming, try the full download if you can. If you are using full download, exit the game, start the Launchpad, click Advanced Tools, then ask it to Validate Files (which forces it to fix any missing files or borked files).

It sounds like you are missing some art assets, and that might be related to the ongoing CDN issue that Daybreak's been struggling with the last day or two.
  3. Seneeb New Member

I'm on Halls of Fate, I'm pretty sure i'm fully downloaded. I'll check though. I've always had download assets in background on and it's not a fresh install (4+ hours of gameplay/day)
  4. Seneeb New Member

well, you might have something there, I didn't have download in background set

Yea, i've got 24GB to download, I'll check it again after that lol. Thanks for the info
  5. Seneeb New Member

FIX: after downloading the full game, my issue was fixed.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

One of my Beta tricks is to start the download, let it build the file structure, then stop the download. Copy over the PAKS and MUSIC folders into the Beta folder structure, since they're the biggest part of the download.Then start the download again. This can really speed it up.