'You have completed 3/2 quests' ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yesterday I was on with one of my accounts and instead of the Quests/things to do daily items on the right side of the screen vanishing when I did 2 of 2, it stayed up. Character is Level 15 Guardian, good, wood elf. Got craqfting to 11; after trying to see if it would increment the Craft daily items below. i have a screen shot if that is necessary.

Its a f2p account currently and I did get the one Loyalty coin. It said I had no crafting done. So I tried those to. They didn't increment. I did the craft items to get to Craftsman 11.

So it says:

Daily Objectives 3 / 2
    Slay Creatures 25/25 green color
    Slay Different types of Creatures 8/8 green color
    Craft different items 0/3
    Craft items 0/8
    Visit unexplored locations 3/3 green color

Never saw this before. Maj'Dul is the server. Saturday evening. I can look up the time in my log, not sure if it is in there or not, if necessary.

I presume this is just a hiccup. What do you think ?

edit: I was in Antonica when this happened.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, as long as it isn't me. I can handle it.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

It appears to be a bug; when you complete two objectives at the same time after you have already finished one, it glitches.

I've had it happen before, too.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Close to it happening today, but I did the kill 25/25 before I got the kill 2 boss monsters thing done.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What it seems to do to me, OFTEN (very aggravating!), is I'll go to my favorite hunting loc for my level 100s (99.9% of which I've Tokened up, so they have good gear for hunting ;->), Eastern Wastes. I'll happily wade through heaped bodies of my enemies 'til I get to 25, then go back to whatever I was actually doing before I saw the latest list come up. Or, conversely (or in addition), I'll harvest 40 things from nodes, or whatever. Then I'll actually make the mistake of zoning... X-P

...and my glorious slaying or harvesting or whatever achievements don't count, and they're usually off by thaaaaaaaaat much (24/25, or 39/40, after assuring me that I'd finished and everything was green and "Go"). About the only thing this doesn't happen to is the Visit Unexplored Locations, though since they yoinked the Fog of War, it's a lot harder now trying to figure out what and where you haven't discovered yet. :-/

It also doesn't take anything away from me if I've actually completed the last thing need for it to "count" and give me my Token(s), even if I make the mistake of zoning right afterwards...at least, I don't think so. I play at odd hours, often during the switch-over (which they should really not be lazy about re: Daylight Savings Time. It changes at MIDNIGHT, PT, o devs, not 11 pm...).

Uwk
    who usually slays with a level 100 and explores with like a level 10 or younger ;->
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Uwk there is a place under achievements somewhere, I'm getting ready for work so not logged in. But you can pull up all the different zones and then click on that zone and it will show you where you have and haven't been. I do agree the fog map was much much better because you could see at a glance. But I guess they didn't like that for some reason.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, it was probably something difficult and technical, who knows. /shrug But yeah, nowadays I do use that zone achievement thing more and more, finding it very handy, especially when the areas to hit are marked on the map, with the yellow dots. ;->

What I wish they'd do for the actual achievements are two-fold: first, back when I played WoW on a regular basis and they also had an Achievement thing (I think they had it first; one of the numerous things they and EQ2 stole back and forth from each other), at least with them, if you hovered your cursor over the most recent one you got, it would actually tell you what it meant and where you got it from, which category, as opposed to playing guessing games like here. Second, if they're gonna bother assigning points to the silly things, shouldn't those points mean something, somehow? Cashed in for something like, I dunno, charged perks for F2P folks, or an additional 1% discount for stuff on the Marketplace, or a house item indicating "Woo, this person has earned 457,000 Achievement points! Praise them with great praise! :D" or whatever? Something??

Ah well, the WoW points never did anything, either, but just because we swiped the idea from them doesn't mean we couldn't've improved on it. :-/

Uwk
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

Agreed!!!! I never could figure out why you get all the achievements and nothing to show for it. I guess all you get are bragging rights.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that and a fiver will get you a cafe mocha grande at the nearest Starbucks... :-/

Uwk
    who thinks: maybe they should do that! A promotional thing: get x amount of Achievement points, get a free cup of joe at a participating Starbucks! :D
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

I HATE Starbucks :eek:
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, so does my hubby. He actually likes McDonald's coffee these days, it's much improved; that poor old lady who got 3rd degree burns on her -- lap -- from boiling coffee (and anyone who knows how to make coffee knows you DO NOT BOIL THE WATER...) at least got that much accomplished with her lawsuit. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! It did tonight; take away my 25th kill, that is, but not 'til after I zoned and before that, I'd gotten my 2 Daily Tokens. When I went back to EW to get my 25th AGAIN, it acknowledged that and gave me 2 more Tokens! :confused:

I suppose I shouldn't complain, but it is a fault.

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't like coffee at all. Just plain black tea, iced of course. *grins*
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I like it either way, after spending much, much time with my in-laws at banquets. :)

Iced, I do like it with the occasional dollop of other flavors, like the Mango Black Tea from Trader Joe's (very tasty, when they have it in) or mixed with honest-to-gosh real fruit juice; no adulterations beyond that. ;->

Uwk
    buddies with a dude who was an Army Ranger (sent him to Alaska in the winter for training, and Egypt in the summer for same) who learned to drink tea with nothing in it at all... ;->
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.