You guys think defence is broken?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-SirDrake, May 15, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-SirDrake Guest

The max soloed buff defence a guardian can reach is 278/278 at lvl 50. Although with all the spells you can put on yourself which added up is higher then 278 no matter what combination you put these spells in you cant break that number. These spells example fortified stance, hunkerdown, vigilance that are suppose to add defence do nothing. This also is the same with the parry skill. Anyone have any ideas or comments about this?
  2. ARCHIVED-Ibishi Guest

as a human with a +5 def tradition I get to 280 (master CoP). if I use the clicky from bloodlines I can go 290+ (unless it no longer stacks, i dont have one atm). I think ogres can go higher still by stacking an activated +5 def ability onto themself with a passive +5 def.

fortified stance < call of protection. they dont stack. similarly hunker down doesn't stack with call of protection either. vigilance is a tank-aid buff cast on others.

exactly what comments are you looking for? what you have is flawed and lacking direction. you believe our spell line is broken and not as useful as it should be? that erroneous stacking issues should be resolved and/or removed? I do believe there is some sloppy design in our buffs, but my comments are reserved until the eventual super patch which I hope is coming soon. hopefully within a month, but who can tell?
  3. ARCHIVED-Soapfiend Guest

says all those spells give me more def points, but you are correct seems like some dont work. I kno when i am maxed buffed for defence, and watch my Persona while i cast hunker my 290+ defence doesnt move up at all, dont kno why.... hmmm /boggle
  4. ARCHIVED-Oakwood Guest

A lot of skills that do the same thing do not stack with themselves. The higher level version is used to replace the lower level version. For example, Hunker Ddown becomes a useless skill after level 24 when you get Call of Command. They do not stack. Call of command grants more defense as well as other buffs, has a MUCH longer duration, and MUCH shorter reuse timer. It is a masive improvement in every way to the lower level ability. Yes, you could use Hunker Down after level 24, but who in their right mind would bother. And it makes sense that a higher level ability SHOULD be better than a lower level one.
  5. ARCHIVED-Anapena Guest

As a dark elf my max selfbuffed defence is only 273 and I think thats seriously unfair because when I created this toon at day 1 there was no info about upcoming racial defence buffs. ... a bit out of topic but its worth whining whenever I got a change :smileytongue:

Vilion-Tank-Xanadu
    Runnyeye