"You Gain 2 Alternate Experience From Exploring A New Area! - Huh?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by redwoodtreesprite, May 25, 2014.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Started a new character today, got her to level 10 and slid her bar all to AAs. Getting the AA XP fine from quests and mob kill XP, But it seems no matter what area, even very low level ones, I get this message.

What's going on? Is this a bug? I don't remember anything like this ever happening. Usually double XP weekends are great times to get the New Area dings. But this is ridiculous! 2 XP?
  2. Deago Well-Known Member

Probably has nothing to do with your problem but they "fixed" the exp bug a few weeks ago so now double exp does not feel the same.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yeah I realize that. Still good to get some of those AA lines going on new characters. It feels like when there is specifically AA being granted, it is only 1 AA XP. Which of course doubles to a whopping 2. Regular XP is still happening from the new area discoveries. But in places where you get only the AA XP, just one point.

Couple Somborn Village locations are a good example. A couple times in the past when doing "the tour" I accidently had my slider to all adventure XP. And got nothing at all from some of the Somborn locations. Those are just AA XP granting locations.

Anytime I was granted specifically AA XP today, it was just one point of XP doubled. I logged my new gal out. Better to do some tourist stuff at normal XP with the built up bonus than to do it now when I get practically nothing...
  4. Deago Well-Known Member

Odd. Sounds like a bug.

I ran a friend through a DM last night only took me ohhh...8min? and got him almost 50aa points.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'm just glad we can see the numbers. 2XP may not be bad if it takes 4 to level.