You dont know what your doing.

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-AgentAce, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-AgentAce Guest

I am tired of hearing everyone complain about gaurdians, saying berserkers are better. Why? Because you dont knwo what your talking about . . . nor do I . . . the fact is, no one does except those who have beta tested the high end material. I asked many of those who beta tested high gaurdians, and they all expressed thre distaste for everyone bashing gaurdians, without knowing the class.

There are very few, if any people 40+ yet, so how can you possibly think you know what the role of a gaurdian is? Think about whe nthe first EQ came out. Sure, clerics could heal at low levels, but so could druids and shamans, and they both had regen! I dont think anyone has a firm grasp yet on what Gaurdians and Berskers are all about, and wont until they are personally doing high end raid content, and systems are developed.

Also, dont be suprised if a Gaurdian is different than what you expect. I personally believe they are more about keeping enemies off there allies than getting there attention themselves. Maybe thats hwy they have taunt, to pull the mob thats on the cleric, but when all is going well, they are using there abilities to proctect the tank.

Yes I do believe Gaurdians are meant to be the main tank . . . but I dont think its a solo job. Its the Job of a warrior ti be MT . . .and more than just gaurdians are warriors.
  2. ARCHIVED-GenesisForgoten Guest

You are missing the point. The game isn't about level 50 its about the journey there. If there is imbalance from 20-45 but suddenly its fixed at 45-50 what's the point...

From 23-30 I've found the zerker/guardian issue an annoyance. It isn't game breaking but it warrants attention from the devs. I know how to play my character fine and he's well equiped /skilled. It is a fundamental flaw with a specific skill and its glaringly obvious to people on all sides of the fence - healers, guardians, zerkers, even DPS and other fighter classes feel the effects of it.

But whatever. I don't see why people are so up in arms to change. The game we played the last 30 days is going to change radically over 3-5 years or however long EQ2 lasts. You think this is a big deal - a single skill getting its aggro lowered? Look at the evolution of EQ1. Things are never static in these games for better or worse.

Oh and I'm real sick and tired of people saying its class envy or whining. I don't care that a berserker can tank like a guardian. That was the plan and I think its awesome. 6 tanks not 1! What a great idea! What is even cooler is that if a higher level zerker, monk, etc. is in my group I can put on my dual wielders and be an offtank but support with guard skills. This is really cool too. What IS annoying is when a high level non-zerker Main Tank has to constantly battle the lesser equiped offtank Berserker for aggro. This is not in balance. It is not game breaking to fix it and I think it is warranted.
    Message Edited by GenesisForgoten on 12-09-2004 02:30 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-RafaelSmith Guest

Call me selfish but i could care less about what the game is like 40+. Im playing the game now and Im 23. If i find myself not being able to do my job or just feeling outclassed by everyone else (assumming of course Im playing my class to the best of its abilities) then im not gonna be happy...ill quit...and never even see 40+.

If its true the Devs only balanced this game for the "end-game" then shame of them.

Im having fun for the most part but i cannot deny that there is something lacking in terms of balance between the tank classes...it needs to be fixed now rather than later. Telling me..."just suffer for 10-15 levels and it will be better" is not a solution.
  4. ARCHIVED-AgentAce Guest

I cant say this truely for EQ2 yet but, Have you guys ever played EQ1? The game was fun on the journey to 50, or 65, or 70, whenever you started, but the game play took a HUGE shift once you reached max level. You onyl spend a few months getting to 50, and then you are 50 for good. 1-40ish are training levels, and the game really started once you hit max level. It seems to work that way for most MMORPG's so I wouldnt expect any less from this. I am not saying to rush to 50, but I am saying, once you get there, dont complain there being a lack of content (not saying there will be) as you both seem to think they game is all about the journey there . . .
  5. ARCHIVED-Crusho Guest

It's not just what they seem to think. SOE have clearly stated that the journey is a huge part of the game in contrary to earlier MMORPGs. You are supposed to have fun at all levels, there is raid content at almost all levels, there are very involving quests at all levels, there are accest quests at all levels.

The game is supposed to be balanced at all levels. Of course this does not mean that the game experiance won't change through out the levels. A guardian is going to be a very different character at lvl 50 than he was at lvl 20. Also the diversity is going to be bigger the higher level we get obviously...