You ask for this.. here it is

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Hagran, Mar 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Hagran Guest

I know a while ago someone put in some info about the map in the Pen and Paper EQ2:RPG, i managed to scan it, here it is [IMG] Enjoy! Ohh and check right bang in the middle, Kithicor
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Jethal_EqRangers Guest

Interesting, but a point of order.. the Enchanted Lands should have been between Thundering Stepes and Kithicor.. where TS is the old Plains of Karana
  4. ARCHIVED-Vhalen Guest

[p]The Shattered Lands map you see is one that I helped create. All of the information is taken from one of my own maps. The big difference is; my map happens to have a few more points of interest on it. Places such as the Dead Calm and the Bottomless Sea will not be found on this map, or should I say, not be marked on this map? I wonder how many more locales exist in those uncharted areas of the Shattered Lands.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

where would the isle of mara be? for fallen dynasty.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jindrack Guest

About where the "N" on the compass rose at the bottom of the map appears.
  7. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Jethal@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Point of order denied. Rivervale was north of Kithcor and the Enchanted Lands were west of Rivervale, so the location given isn't unreasonable. Somewhere between the Forbidden Forest and Kithcor forest should be the island containing the remains of Highpass (and the HQ of the Far Seas Trading Company going by hinted lore on these boards). By the looks of it, The Highbourne would be an area that would make up the old South Karanas and the Arena, along with anything of Rathe Mountains and Lake Rathe that survived. (I know the mountains sunk forming treacherous shoals) And there's probably a large section of land (sunken or on the surface) north of Everfrost, Lavastorm and EL, making up the Broodlands and the nest and areas; which were on EQ's original maps though not added till postEQII. (In a 'modern' EQLive world it would also contain the TSS zones and DoN zones) Oh yeah and hte Forbidden forest is clearly the Unkempt Forest, home of the Unkempt Druids which (to date) haven't made it to EQLive yet.
  8. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

You just made my day!
  9. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

/pokes the devs to release these in future live updates!
  10. ARCHIVED-Mareth Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Why does everfrost look so weird on the map?
  12. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

It may not be a precise fit, but perhaps the Serpent's Fang holds Highpass. I can't recall at the moment if Vhalen's made mention of the Fang before. And yes, there certainly seems to be plenty of material for future additions both from the lands and the seas, perhaps after Rise of Kunark, eh devs? (wink,wink, nudge, nudge ;) )
  13. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Also, Highpass is rumored to be the Far see's trading company's HQ. [IMG] PSSSSSSSSSSSST: Devs! If you add thos places, you won't have to make this map! I already made it for you!
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

[p]And yet according to the in-game map, the Isle of Refuge is where you placed Kithicor.[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

I moved the Isle, because it is obviously in the wrong place in game, because thats where Kithicor SHOULD be. [IMG]
  16. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

I dug out the original EQ map that came with my Trilogy. Relating it to the map above in this thread I'd say Broodlands and The Nest would be situated between Lavastorm and Everfrost, north of EL.
  17. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Woah, I just had a premonition! Velious has been discovered, however it has been melted! If someone could somehow refreeze it, then more land would be uncovered from antonica! *sees this happening and then land bridges forming between places*
  18. ARCHIVED-Losstarot Guest

[p]There is something I love about looking at EverQuest Maps, and looking at these maps just made my day :mrgreen:[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Hagran Guest

I also have the map for the isle's of refuge if you want to see that?
  20. ARCHIVED-TheGReddy Guest

What is that island you stuck between Faydwer and Kunark?