You are too far away to interact with that.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This really irritating message continues to show up here and there (fairly inconsistently, though "ground" that isn't perfectly flat is often an accessory to the crime) while trying to gather up collectibles. It's bad enough that quite a few of the buggers in The Feerrott are deep underwater (if memory serves, it's that way in Maj'Dul's coastline as well) without adding insult to injury. :-/

I put in a /bug report, and forgot that the instant you do that nowadays, you're broken out of the game (while deep underwater, this time... :-/) and booted out here. Now: do I recall what the format was? Of course not! But let me see...

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Items
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: [oh, isn't this a loaded question...if I don't select anything but Always Happens, what will happen?]
    Zone: The Feerrott
    Target: ! [collectible page]
    Summary: Always Happens often enough [or something like that; don't recall atm] Too Far Away
    Description: [again, don't recall the exact wording, but basically just a reminder to the devs that this still goes on, even to this day]

Uwk
    Twyla, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  2. Miragian Well-Known Member

I think the bug report is copied to the clipboard automatically. If you can target the collecatable in question when you do the bug that would help them. I think the root of this issue is that early generation shinies are procedurally placed and could end up in walls/floor/etc. Newer ones (I don't know when this started) are manually placed so its less likely.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the coords in the /bug report are just for where I'm standing, but I tried to stand as close as possible to the collectible's "location"; if they go down to those coords with a GM avatar to see for themselves (do they still do that any more?), they'll spot it right off. ;->

Manually placed, eh? Hnh! Good to know, thanks! :)

Uwk
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Most of the time gathering works for me. But recently in Antonica, I got that 'too far away' when my toon was right next to the node. Less than a character width away. I tried moving slightly, nope. Went on to the next one, that one worked.

It was on one of the small hills just north of the aqueduct.

Flat areas work fine.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Miragian Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the bug report it also reports what you are targetting. Be that npc/mob/shiny.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep! :) In the "report" (copied from a screenshot) above, it indicated that I was targeting the ! of the collectible page I was trying to get to. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another one from the Feerrott:

Target: !

Actually, this was pretty flat; any flatter and it'd be in the middle of a road. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aaaaand yet another one from the Feerrott, this one a Shrub (overgrown bed of greenslade, or whatever; probably named by a Gnome) at -691.82, 1.11, 168.23. Again, not terribly curved terrain, but not right on the "road"/track either. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: why do the Feerrott, Antonica, and the Enchanted Lands seem to have this happen most often? :-/
    Geroblue likes this.