Yet another "I am not gaining Adventure Experience"

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by iamvegano, Jan 7, 2021.

1. iamvegano Active Member

As soon as I think I have something figured out, I end up two steps backwards

As with the countless others, when I hit 90, I stopped getting expereince. I learned from the many that if I moved the AA slider back to 0 I would continue to get experience. Then after a previos post of mine, I wanted to work on other things without moving forward fom 90 (or so). So I moved the slider to 100. Recently I moved the slider back because I wanted to get to the mid 90's just so I could forage in an area that soloing at 90 was not so easy. So I moved the slider back.

Now, I have moved the slider to multiple places 0,28 (because i like the number), 50, etc. and I still would not get any adventure experience and I am stuck at the same place inside of level 91. I have vitality, but it doesn't seem to matter. And I also see that even when I slide to 100 for AA the AA doesn't move very much.

So, if you have some insight for dummies I would be endlessly thankful.
    toon: iamvegana
    server AB

Happy New Year!!

PS - On the Character Develiopment & Alternate Advancement sceeen I have a message that says I have 1 unused AA point. What does that mean? Can I assign it? Note, I did read this.
  2. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I'm not certain when it starts, but at a certain level, killing mobs gives almost no exp. You can only get exp by doing the quests for that expansion.
    iamvegano and Daryx like this.
  3. Daryx Well-Known Member

When you say you are not getting experience, are you basing that solely on the nonmovement of your xp bar(s)? You get a message in chat for both xp and AA when you kill something/complete a quest/disco/collection etc. Are you seeing no messages, or just tiny numbers? As Balcerak says, once you hit a certain level mob kills are pretty useless for leveling; in fact questing is really your only viable way to level (beyond using an instant-level token :p ). Personally I find 90-100 the worst levels to get through.

If you haven't seen yet, you can assign your AA point. Click through the tabs after character tab (based on your class, it would be druid/warden/Shadows etc.) and the bottom of the page shows how many points you have assigned out of the total on that particular tab.
    iamvegano likes this.
  4. iamvegano Active Member

Thank you for your reply!

I did four quests yesterday and still no movement. It is very strange.

5. iamvegano Active Member

Thank you!!
    It is strange because I was moving along and then I was playing with the slider and then nothing. That will teach me.. haha

I will look for the AA assignment :)

6. iamvegano Active Member

Ok, so I just solo'd two times because I got snagged running.
    Here are the results:

1st
    You gain 120 XP plus 240 XP from bonuses!
    You gain 32 CP for defeating the encounter plus 63 XP from bonuses!

2nd
    You gain 90 XP plus 180 XP from bonuses!
    You gain 24 CP for defeating the encounter plus 48 XP from bonuses!

So, it seems they are giving XP, but the needle isn't seemingly moving. Do you know how many XP points there are per level? I am just wondering if the number is so great that I would not notice an increase, unless I am doing quests, which I will try next, now!

7. iamvegano Active Member

update:
    I am finally seeing some movement with the quests. I suppose the quests I did yesterday were a bit too low level and did not yield enough for me to notice any difference. I am still moving slow, but that is ok because I am at least moving.

thank you for your help!
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

If you hover over your exp bar it should tell you the numbers. My warden at 90 needs 518k to fill the level so 90XP really isn't going to make a noticeable dent.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

At level 100 is when you basically stop getting xp for mobs, so if you're in your 90's you should still get a bit but yes it is very slow. You aren't by chance doing grey quest are you?
    iamvegano likes this.
  10. iamvegano Active Member

What is the grey quest? I will look it up, I did not hear of it.

11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Grey quest and grey mobs are approximately 10 levels below your adventure level so say you are level 91 and doing a level 80 quest you will not get credit for it because it is to far below your level. The same with killing mobs that are grey conned to you. You only get credit for green, blue, white and yellow. Or at least that is the way things used to be. Every time I turn around they are changing something else. You will get the most credit for the white and yellow and a lot less for the green. Sort of like armor you out level them. Anyhow it was just an idea. You can still get small amounts of credit my chronomage and leveling down to finish the quest you've outgrown if you still want to do them.
    Pixistik and iamvegano like this.
  12. iamvegano Active Member

ahhh.. now i understand, yes, that makes perfect sense :)