Yet another day ruined by Botters on Stormhold.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

Someone paid for those kronos,therefore they're paying customers. I have accumulated 40 kronos, paying between 500-1kpp back when they first came out. I had more but I used them. They're now worth at least 6 x that (apart from on the TLE server). It doesn't mean I'm not a paying customer (although I've actually started to pay again with RL dollars and hoard the kronos). I personally can't afford to buy anymore of them at the current prices.
  2. Kendayar Active Member

on deathtoll we can just kill dudes farming our spots.
    Foretold and Wirewhisker like this.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I don't know how anyone multi boxes lol. I'm doing good handling all the spells on just one toon and I pride myself as a good multitasker.
    Rhodris and HaphazardAllure like this.
  4. Kahleem Active Member

If a single group of characters can clear an ENTIRE "zone" then that is not a multiboxer issue. It is an issue with how the game is designed with how many players in mind each zone is supposed to support.

I won't speak to any programs here as, since you cannot say any of their names...even legit ones, there's no point in discussing it here. Move to reddit bud, otherwise this thread is over.
    Regolas likes this.
  5. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.
  6. Dixa Active Member

you need to change your thread title. BOXING is not BOTTING.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  7. Dixa Active Member

for two boxing, two computers works. it does depend on what you are boxing class wise. i box a fury, so i have a set of in-game macros that all hve two spells on them with targeting conditions and a naga 12 button mouse. never have to touch keyboard after initial login.

for those boxing more, and boxing on the same machine they use a program that sends keystrokes to those clients. in this case, it's better to box the same class.

one of those software clients is allowed by this company and is why boxing has been running rampant on ragefire.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  8. Groans New Member

thats exactly what they do in eq1. I left and turned my gear into 8 kronos..... I then passed a few out to freinds to try out eq2 and used the others to pay my sub. In eq1 there are a buttload of kronos... thats the biggest difference here.. the krono here are far more rare.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. if your using any outside program to control or manage your toons so you can have all 5 accounts up at once, your not boxing, your botting. your using an automated process to managed your other accounts. I don't care if all it's doing is automatically flipping through them or making sure it auto follows/targets or cures or whatever. if your not manually inputing all the commands yourself, you're not boxing.
  10. Hammdaddy Active Member

the thing i love most about this server is everything is contested and eq2 players love to get upset when people take mobs from them
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

This is why i always have auto lock encounters ticked ether solo or in group. if i'm fighting mobs on my own or in a contested group what business does anyone else have attacking stuff we engaged.

That's the only situation in my mind where you have a reasonable expectation that someone wont interfere with you.
    Anyone who has a problem with contested bosses should instead change strategy camp the mob that the other group killed ages ago so when it pops it's yours then do the same with every named that they have killed or log in at late night for minimum competition.
  12. Dull4h4n Member

Its different because its not the same. Just like people shooting you with an aimbot in an FPS is not the same.
  13. Taemek Member

Yes the legit people paid for the kronos to sell in game for easy plat, hence why the person botting gets away scott free because he is not a subscribing customer, contributing nothing to revenue and using the in game plat they earn from farming to stay in game and power level toons they will most likely sell for real dollars on some 3rd party website.
  14. Taemek Member

They are being sold for 2 plat on TLE because people are starving for a hand up they are selling them dirt cheap to get an economy established as fast as they can.

2 plat is not hard to make if you are botting multiple toons, which is the whole point I am making here, botters do not pay money to play. They might have a few accounts that are legit for storing plat/items, but 95% of them are not paying any real money.
  15. Fetish Well-Known Member

I hope you are just ridiculously skilled at sarcasm...otherwise...**** you, you would be a shining example of everything that has caused this game to fail. Now we are just dealing with acceptable levels of cheating? Now we are just wanting to spin up a new zone so that botters can have better access to resources? Now we are trying to favorably juxtapose a bot group with a group where each toon has it's own individual player attached to it?

How is it different? It breaks the fundamental aspect of MMORPG game play...you make a toon and you play that toon to the best of your ability to gain access resources. The game limits the resources that you can gain based on such things as skill, level, and number of players required to beat the content. When a player utilizes a program to make 6 toons playable as one through scripting and interference with normal game program operation, not mad alt+tab skills, then they are breaking that aspect and allowing one player to gain access to what it should take 6 players to get. What harm does it cause? Exhibit A would be for you to look at the live servers for an example of what happens to a Massive Multiplayer game is bent towards solo play. Exhibit B is a little more ethereal and requires that you think about the answer to one question. Why is someone using a program to control an entire group of by themselves? Now...you can dance around this all you want and try to come up with wonderful ******** explanations that make you believe that you've fooled everyone into thinking they are legit...but don't be that fool. The reason they do it is to sell the **** they get in the game for real money...period. That sounds a little different than a group of players coming together to play a game that they all share mutual enjoyment in...right?

I can't count how many bot groups I have seen on Deathtoll...luckily here we can kill them. No...not people multiboxing...script controlled botters. It doesn't take a genius to spot them...but is definitely takes an moron to pretend they are legitimate.
    Mizgamer62, Vunder and Foretold like this.
  16. Fetish Well-Known Member

Bingo! Someone understands what should be so simple for others to see...unless they are either daft, or benefiting from botters, dupers, and use of 3rd party programs.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Foretold Well-Known Member

I think I have a Fetish fetish...
    Mizgamer62 and Fetish like this.
  18. Fetish Well-Known Member

Please pay attention DBG. ^^^ You will be the ones who decide what the population of your servers ends up being...wand what type of players that population consists of. You have a huge chance to redeem yourselves with the TL Servers...but it requires more than just turning them on and walking away.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. sudopudge New Member

I'm not advocating botting, and I don't know how to feel about boxing, but by consuming kronos they are increasing the demand for kronos, which is enabling DBG to sell more kronos for $$. Buying kronos with plat should be considered equivalent to paying the monthly fee, as far as DBG financials are concerned.
    Malleria likes this.
  20. trixster Active Member

I issue with farming bots is they use unsavory methods to gain the plats to buy the krono. It benefits sells because they can get a better price for Kronos, but in the end it negatively impact them because they go to end game areas and what do they find spawn after spawn camped by gold farmers running bot teams.