Yellow and orange mobs

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Jeris Nefzen, Sep 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Jeris Nefzen Guest

Over the last couple of days I have noticed that I have been having a MUCH more difficult time soloing orange and yellow solo mobs. It seems as if before a couple of days ago, I had no problems with these. I have noticed that I have not proced nearly as much and my hits are lower than before. I was looking at my CA's and say that Hidden Shot (Master 2) has been taken down about 350 max damage. I have noticed that most of my other CA's have been lowered a little too. While grouping, and taking on yellow and orange heroics, I get resisted a ton and in some cases (orange mobs) I couldn't even touch it. Every CA or autoattack was blocked or parried. I am a 47 ranger and I think I know my class pretty well. I am wondering if others have seen their CA's damage drop and get resisted a lot more. I really do not want to be bound to blues and greens with the occasional white thrown in. I have a mix of 70/30 legendary and player crafted armor and all imbued legendary weapons. Am I missing something or was there a bat swung that I didn't hear about and just feeling the effects of it. Again, I was doing fine after update until about 2 days ago. Did they tweak our damage down and up mob resists? I even fizzled when I tried to sprint from a mob when things went south. Not too happy that my repair bills have been on average about 4-7g a night. I would appreciate any help.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tevf Guest

Well orange con mobs most melee (including arrows) are either avoided etc and mitigated a lot more and supposed to do so. So my suggestion to you is to lvl up or fight white cons solo to farm:)
  3. ARCHIVED-Zutan Guest

Well, considering what the "yellow" and "orange" con is supposed to mean (way tougher than you) I would expect you should not be able to solo them.. or at least very very rarely. We all just got used to being able to do that because the whole con system wasnt matched up right before.
  4. ARCHIVED-Noogan Guest

the reason you're having more trouble is because SOE did a ninja update that you have to check through the forums now since updates are now not listed in the station thingy for when you log in. here's the excerpt that pertains to what we're talking about
    -High yellows, oranges, and red con mobs are now slightly harder to hit with spells and melee attacks.
    that was from a september 21 update and that should be the reason you're having more trouble. my suggestion would be to only mess w/ yellow con mobs and below. before the update oranges were easy but now i only touch yellows.
    my tactic is pull w/ big bow DD>use your debuff (snipe for 50-60 debuff their defense by 30 i think and makes them much harder to hit)>cheap shot>use your 2 shot hit (sharp shot at level 50)>backstab if he happens to still be alive.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jeris Nefzen Guest

I did see the update notes about the change in difficulty in high yellows and oranges. I am talking about just barely yellows 1-3 levels above me. On those guys I am still getting resisted, blocked or parried about 50% of the time. Also CAs were adjusted too. My big nuke (Hidden Shot) at master 2 was taken from just about 2k in damage down to max of 1600. At Master 2, I know it's not going to get any better. Considering the reuse timer on it, while good damage, it doesn't seem worth the long timer. All of my other CA's have been tweaked down as well, including my proc rate. I think I am going to wait on the respec though... in case other ninja updates happen. For now I guess I need to learn how to deal with the long timer and use it to pull and hope for the best. Any suggestions on dealing with higher con mobs or heroics (in groups) would be greatly appreciated. I don't see how others are able to solo heroics, especially with the recent ninja update. /shrug
  6. ARCHIVED-Noogan Guest

well it's not really the level problem tho. it's just the fact that they are yellow. i'll give you example of why i think this: i can rock level 59 yellow con mobs (i'm lvl 55) but i go up against a lvl 60 orange con it's a bum load lot harder to hit him even tho it's one level. my suggestion would be to make sure every mob u go up against is debuffed and use an agility potion if you got to. as for your damage going down, i don't know what to tell you because mine is the same. you're going by the actual numbers listed and not what your actually doing right?
  7. ARCHIVED-Tevf Guest

Can be that you shoot or hit from the front too, try cheapshot and get in from the behind. Usually when I solo I only do one or two from front then dot then cheapshot move behind backstab and shoot from behind wich never get parried.
  8. ARCHIVED-hieronymus Guest

fighting mobs that are orange to the group is now virtually impossible. I looked on my combat log and the amount of misses coming from my prismatic and fabled piercer was unbelievable. Most of my bow shots were also missing or being blocked.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

Exact same experience here.....well....with the exception of me actually having a prismatic weapon.
  10. ARCHIVED-hieronymus Guest

At the end of the day SOE do not want you fighting orange con mobs which imo makes sense meaning people cant grind so easily and everything slows down xp wise. Otherwise the game just gets trivial again. We will just have to look around a bit more and do some quests rather than all flying off to the giant field grinding on those 57 giants... :smileytongue:
  11. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

I have no trouble with Yellow con MoBs (I solo guards mainly) I personally haven't tried an orange MoB and have no desire to. I feel (IMHO) that we SHOULDN'T be able to solo them (unless your using about 75% Fabled gear - Master CA's etc)
  12. ARCHIVED-Ail Guest

Orange are tough :p
    Took 9 of us 3 wipe to kill the lvl 60 heroic mob in Hidden Cache.
    Tank was 54, rest were 52 or 51.
    We started 6, wiped, had to call a healer to come ress us.
    Tried again, got mob to 20% before wipe.
    Called another healer to come ress us ( because all 7 were dead now :p).
    Wiped again due to mob rushing healers first.
    Called a dirge to rez us ( 8 deads by now :p).
    Ended up kiting the mob to kill it ( was accident, we pull mob again, tank dies in 5 secs because it went out of healer range and mobs took of after dirge and the guy had a genius idea and snared it and started running it around the zone:p)
    Dirge in main group ran it around for ages and mainly me and the wiz were damaging it and I can tell you about 70% of my bow attacks were missing from the back on a mob 8 lvls above me....
  13. ARCHIVED-Stormhawk Guest

I revised my gear a bit and I'm back to killing lower level orange mobs again. I stacked my AGI a little more this time instead of STR and I seem to have a lot better success in hitting the mobs. This may be due to that I moved to a new set of orange mobs because I leveled or they made the changes a little less vicious. Ofcourse, if I miss my openers I have to run like a little sissy. :)
    Message Edited by Stormhawk on 09-26-2005 01:21 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Tevf Guest

Groupwise you should have a debuffer that knows his work and you can go through orange cons like butter.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

On your launch pad is a button to the left that says... get this.... "Update Notes".
  16. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

Seriously? I totally missed that button....I am a bad user...BAD!
  17. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

Yes, yes you are.... Seriously.. I never know if my sarcasm is going to be taken properly here... debated even saying it... Then the evil side of me took over....
  18. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

When in doubt always asume tongue in cheek...

oh that sounded dirty...
  19. ARCHIVED-The_Wind Guest

Do not forget to add in your aiming CA which increases your ranged by a significant amount. It doesn't matter if the mob is orange, if your ranged skill gets a boost of 50 points thats the same as adding on 5 levels to you're hit ability. Orange or not it helps out dramatically.
  20. ARCHIVED-OldBlueDragon Guest

Not really... it just comes down to whose cheek the tongue is in... I for one, always keep my tongue firmly planted in my own cheek... the right one... never the left...