year of the dark paw rewards should not be for raiders only

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SushiFruit, Mar 5, 2024.

1. SushiFruit Member

i been doing the year of the dark paw deity quests and massing tons of minted tokens . doing solo quests even done some heroics. the problem is whats the point if i don't have minted masquerade masks that only drop rarely in raid zones? my guild doesn't have enough people to raid i cant hardly find a group as it is on AB its kind of dead for pugs let alone raids. so im taking part in a year long quest that i get no reward out of that's really weird right? can we make it so solo folks have a chance to get the masquerade tokens so i have some motivation to play your game? even if its like 100 quests you get ten . toss me a freaking bone here.
    Kryzia, axxis32, SolarFaire and 4 others like this.
  2. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

You can get items in heroics that can be traded for masquerade coins (mythical items).
    Melkior likes this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Furious is correct. I have no idea who told you they only drop in raid zones, but that is 100% not true. Most people I know have way more masks from running heroics routinely than from raiding.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  4. Bakual Member

I've got already 20 masks by trading the items from H1 and (one run) H2 zones.
    So they definitinively are available to non-raiders.
  5. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

That was once true.

But since it was changed, about 4 to 5 weeks ago, that you always get a "Minted Masquerade Token" + member bonus when you kill an avatar, I haven't seen any more "Minted Masquerade Tokens", or the mythical / celestial “worship” items for which you get the “Minted Masquerade Token”, in heroics. It's possible that it's just a coincidence, but it's also possible that it was removed in the heroic's.
  6. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Not removed, you are just very unlucky, yes they are rare in heroics but they do drop.
  7. Bakual Member

Yep it's definitively not 4 weeks since I've got the last ones.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

but they are really too rare .. I have no idea how ti get 400 of them for a single item
    SolarFaire likes this.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

This is actually completely incorrect. I got one the very first week of the event. So they existed from zones, just were very rare.

Since the change with the avatars, I have still been obtaining them from heroics. I've had some dry spells, but definitely still possible to obtain through the heroics. I think they are going to add a way to get them as the event progresses but for now it is slow going.
  10. Forestchild Well-Known Member

I for one being a Solo player now, don't do Heroics, and would like to be able to do Solo stuff to be able to get the "Minted stuff" to. I think what the OP was saying was that making it only for raiders, is totally unfair.
    axxis32, GrunEQ, Cyna and 1 other person like this.
  11. Zylara Well-Known Member

I can understand in solos not getting the drops for the masks cause well as a solo player you really don't need to get to raid lvl stats let alone heroics. In heroic 1's fair enough if the drop is low but in heroic 2's they should be alot more regular and in raids they should def be regular, now I don't raid myself anymore but I do still do heroic 1 and 2's as my guildies have time for grps and yet over 5 weeks of running h1's and h2's I've only just gotten 1 item to turn in for 2 lousy masks, that is beyond ridiculous.

I always strive to be at the top of my game in case I do ever decide to raid again and whilst I am resigned to never getting the t3 gear as I need the raid kill, I should be able to at least get the mask items with the groups that I do run otherwise what's the point of even continuing with doing the deity quests as I'm just amassing minted coins that are basically useless to me now
    Forestchild likes this.
  12. Smashey Well-Known Member

Solo players should not get the same character power level as people who group or raid.

Its a MMO. Doing MMO things should reward you over just logging in and pressing a button to one shot everything.
    Drona likes this.
  13. Evilary Well-Known Member

Ok, I can see the point that raid gear shouldn't be handed to solo players. Point the solo players to the gear for them on the vendor?

Oh wait, that's right. There are like 4 or 5 different quests on each Avatar, all but one of the quests are solo but the majority of the rewards are tied behind the masks. Item A has 4 levels, the first level doesn't require masks. Each upgraded level does. That sounds like rewarding for all. Problem is most of these do not go by that criteria. A solo player can get a main hand but not an off hand or ranged or charm or whatever other slots are available. They have multiple upgraded tiers.

It would have been easy to have all items lowest tier not require masks then solo players would have a reward and the heroic teams would have a reward and the raid team would have a reward. Instead they screwed the pooch and tied the majority behind masks. This is why you see so many complaints about it. It isn't the people want the raid reward, they just want a reward for the work they put in.
    Kryzia, axxis32, GrunEQ and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bakual Member

You can get a 960 Resolve 2H weapon or 480 Resolve 1H weapons (Rank 2) without any mask. That's quite in the raid item range I'd say. For now, there is also a bow with 480 res. More items likely are to come over the year.
    So it's really not like solo players are unable to get the items. On the other hand, if you don't do heroics, you really don't need the items anyway. You're likely already one-shotting the trash and burning pretty fast through the nameds.
  15. Evilary Well-Known Member

So, you're doing ok without it. Let's just ignore the fact that 80% of the content is solo and somewhere around 20% of the rewards are not tied behind heroic and raid. You're doing fine without it so suck it up I guess.