Year of Darkpaw starts NOW!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Aggy Active Member

Don't think the avatars drop gear, do they? We haven't had any gear drop.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no, Avatars do not drop gear , but with the coins you get for killing them you can buy gear.
  3. Aggy Active Member

Not many, I get more from running the camp quests and h1's. The masks and relics you trade in for masks are not even dropped each time.
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

Drops seen pretty rare have had runs where we did All H1s and got no drops
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am sorry I am playing mostly on Varsoon and we get a cash reward for doing the quest to kill the Avatars,
    or what's the point of killing them
    But I took a look at the items you can buy in the Avatar camp on Halls of Fate.
  6. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I want that E'Ci armor so bad for my Swashy. Being left out is no fun:(

I've been hunting extra collection bits, incase my other chars want something. Somehow that doesn't really makeup for the stuff we cant get from Avatar fighting.

(then I got distracted, remembering I wanted to get Gathering Obsession: BTG done so I'd have the fully trained pack pony on at least one character...That kid has got to be the stupidest and luckiest little brat on Norrath!)
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you forgot annoying and spoiled rotten, FalconClash when he runs of in one of the most dangerous places I thought I am going to kill him if the mobs did not.
    I got killed because of him so often I lost count.:mad:
    At least it's payback time when he once can risk his neck for me when you can hire him at level 100 as a monk mercenary.

;) :D
  8. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I actually thought the quest was implying that he did get killed being stupid. XD
    I managed to not die myself luckily, at lvl 96 swashy can manage things in EJ now, as long as not too many swarm. But how did the friggin kid get by them and run so far in seconds?! Captain Overboard was more nerve wracking, things being higher lvl then me, but still managed sneak through, somehow.

Collection hunting is frying my brain, even with Tracking. Why do some insist on being so hard to find you can only seem to get the first one?
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

all the collections are gone, are we getting new ones for this month ? and when?
  10. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Wait, really?! >_< I thought they'd be up for the entire event!
  11. Denmum Developer

Each month is new fabled collections while the old ones go away. The new ones are in a different zone.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ah and we got to find them ok, thanks Denmum.
  13. Houjaamo Member

My wife found the Year of Darkpaw collections in Sinking Sands. If you are tracking by the "!", the Fabled shinies are mixed in with the regular pages.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

He's why I unlocked Mercenaries in the first place. ;->

Haven't had the chance to hire him yet, although I can gleefully see me sending him off to go kill (or at least engage; iirc, Mercs 'n' Pets 'n' such don't hold aggro for nothin' :-/) Terrantula in Sinking Sands or some such. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and FalconClash like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I for sure hope , this being a year long event and there are 12 months for those collections, that all of the zones are
    accessible for Varsoon, I don't think that Zarrakon will be around long enough for that to matter.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

So they've changed the 'blank; that was uniquely identifying the things to a '!' in a zone absolurely riddled with book pages? That will probably double the amount of time needed to find them all. *sigh*
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol , what's wrong with lots of waist paper ;) :D.
  18. Kattt Well-Known Member

I too would prefer they come up with a new symbol, like %, or $, or @, or #. So many choices. Tons of webdings too. But even the blank was far better for this. It is especially the case with something that is around for such a limited time, AND has many people looking for the same thing. The zones, especially those with tons of ! will be bedlam.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Tkia and Breanna like this.
  19. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Were we supposed to get more Doubloons from these Collections? Because all I got was Experience.
  20. Cusashorn Well-Known Member