Xunmyr the Necromancer

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-LaRoseMajia, May 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-LaRoseMajia Guest

Hi all. Thanks for clicking on this. :smileywink: I'll try to keep it interesting. **drumroll**

Hot. Arid. Not the best place, the Commonlands. Thought Xunmyr as her horse thundered across the large plains of this desert. She glanced back in search of her faithful friend, Bonedog. When he was nowhere in sight, she sighed and called out,"Anyone seen a gnoll skeleton running around?" To her disappointment, no one answered. She whistled to her black steed, and he came to a shuddering halt. Xunmyr patted him on the neck, dismounted, and he disappeared into the distance at a gallop. After casting a short Summon Spell, she found Bonedog at her feet whimpering and attempting to re-attatch his arm. Xunmyr groaned and shifted a bit of her health to him. His arm popped back on and he stood up dutifully waiting for a command.

She began to call out for her horse again, when she heard footsteps behind her. Bonedog reported mentally it was a "sneaky" Qeynosian Wood Elf about to "ambush" them. Xunmyr had trouble keeping back a snicker at Bonedog's sarcasm, (Yes, it's kind of odd a gnollish skeleton can have sarcasm.) but she whispered a demonic chant and felt her skin melt away. She was bone! A skeleton! Bonedog was so excited at having another skeleton close by, he howled. Xunmyr silently waited for the "sneaky" Wood Elf to be close enough...Then leaped back and emitted a horrible cackle, her bones crackling and shaking.

This of course was VERY frightening, and caused the Wood Elf to scream and fall backwards. Bonedog took advantage of this, and leaped foreward, attacking the Wood Elf with vigor. The Qeynosian managed to scream,"You Freeportian traitor!" before Bonedog finished her off with a snap to the neck. Xunmyr shook her head lightly, and whistled for her horse once more. He trotted to a stop beside her, and she leaped on his back. After waiting for Bonedog to stretch his hard, blood-caked bones, she tapped her steed lightly on the thigh. He jolted foreward, and with Bonedog sprinting behind, she raced to the place referred as Fallen Gate.

Message Edited by LaRoseMajia on 05-28-2006 03:22 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-LaRoseMajia Guest

How was it? Any thing need to be changed? Am I just wierd?

CRAZY

Message Edited by LaRoseMajia on 05-28-2006 03:33 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Xenmir_shamankitty Guest

Nice name, :p

...oh yeah, story was good too!
  4. ARCHIVED-danous Guest

creative :smileyhappy: try to include more content to build up a picture of the scene, attention to detail is always a good thing. good storyline so far though :smileyhappy:
  5. ARCHIVED-LaRoseMajia Guest

Thanks, I'll keep detail in mind next time. :smileywink: This was just a starter, now that I know part of the "public"s opinion I can make it better, and more interesting.