Xp nerf for Necros?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-rusty0007, Apr 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-rusty0007 Guest

One of my toons is a 30 Necromancer. I have noticed of late my xp being less than others in my group. Sometimes conditions aren't just right for accurate measurment. Grouping with within 1 or 2 lvls, killing within 1 or 2 lvl mobs my xp seems to be about 2\3's of anyone else in my group. I do know these thing vary and it is somewhat of a complex science involved in determing how xp is divided, but I am constatantly on the bottom of my group. It doesn't seem to matter the size of the group. I discussed this subject on line with a SOE rep, his statement was that is was because of my pet. For this reason I would never get the same xp as other non-pet players. I told him that without my pet i couldn't do near the dmg of any other lvl 30 player. I feel that my pet seems to somewaht even out the abilities that other lvl 30 players have, without him (FH) i would be worthless or close to it. Atleast not be able to be a contributing member of a lvl 30 group. Anyway, i might be in the dark but I really haven't heard anything about an xp penlty. Has any of you? It might be common knowledge but i ahve only really noticed it the last few lvls. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Rusttin Blackheart
    30th Necromancer
    Brothers in Arms
    Mistmoore
  2. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

There is no xp penalty for pet users, the GM you spoke with was incorrect (and they often are as they aren't developers or even familiar with the class). You gain the same xp as anyone else, vitality comes into play and there is probably some mystery xp modifier but it has nothing to do with you having a pet. You will see your xp spurt now and then over others and you'll see them get more xp then you, don't worry, it all evens out.
  3. ARCHIVED-rusty0007 Guest

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying. I know it ebbs and flows. My vitality is always over 90% as I play other characters too. I have not noticed this much difference with any other toons I play. Strange deal. :),

Rusttin Blackheart
    30th Necromancer
    Brothers in Arms
    Mistmoore
  4. ARCHIVED-Zancon Guest

Sorry for the dumb question but how do you get high vitality?
  5. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

New vitality is added every hour on the hour. Vitality is spent every time you gain adventuring XP. To increase your vitality percentage you simply have to not gain experience for a while. The longer you are logged out (or doing something other than killing such as tradeskilling) the higher your vitality percentage becomes.
  6. ARCHIVED-duk420 Guest

The xp will balance out. I have a swashy friend who I adventure with who constantly(and to the point of really $%^&#$@ me off) asks how much xp we get for each and every god %^$# kill then complains that he got less than we got. He has done this since lvl 3. Now we are all in our 30's, he is actually 1 lvl higher than me and I have more time logged than him so somewere in there the xp difference is being made up or he would still be lvl 20 or so while i was lvl 30.