Xp gain rate

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-cptvimes, May 13, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-cptvimes Guest

I tend to be a slower leveler in our guild and am interested in getting some data points to compare to what I observe to be my xp gain rate. I realize there are many things that can affect how fast you gain xp, but I'm looking for some general all purpose ball park numbers.

In Zek the other night, duoed with a 33 Conj I scored myself about 24%(2-3% of it paid of some debt) xp in roughly 2.5 hours. This was just grinding mobs near the beach SE of the dock with the Shoreline Scavengers. I did not turn in any quests for additional xp. This was just mob grinding. So 24/2.5 = 9.6%/hour.

Most of the mobs were green, white or blue with a smattering of yellows. We did not require a whole lot of down time for power or health regen so the fights were at a good clip. I know this rate goes up if I happen to get some bonuses for completing quests as well. What I am looking for is what type of xp gains people see in an 'average' night of questing or grinding. Try to report your gains in terms of rate (xp/time) to allow for easier comparison.
  2. ARCHIVED-woode Guest

In my static group of 5 others (guildies), i went from 30-34 (mostly without vitality) in about 9 hours doing quests + XPin.

34-35 another day took about 2 hours, 35-36 took about 2 hours, 36-37 took about 3 hours, 37-38 (full vita) took about 2.5 hours.

personally i think XP is way to fast. I have done 11 heritage quests and 301 other quests so i am definitly not "power leveling" or anything like that.

as to your XP being slow.. i never leveled there, i trio'd the epics up north a lot for nice xp+loot and i would also hunt in runnyeye a lot. lately iv been hunting more in rivervale than runnyeye though..
    Message Edited by woode on 05-13-2005 02:26 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-OgApostraphe Guest

I make like 12-20% in instances.. even at 31 I got like 16% from a zek instance.. a good group of like 3 or 4 people can plow through an isntance in like.. 30-40 minutes.. maybe less.. I went from like 26-29 in a ts isntance on my monk in one day.. like 6 hours of exp..
  4. ARCHIVED-sglanton Guest

I have come to the conclusion that some mobs are worth more than others. Even at same levels, lvl 37 orcs yielded .2-3% per kill, where as wolves near entrance in RV yielded .3-4%.
    The crabs in Zek offered virtually nil exp, and I only killed them to complete a few quests.
    Vitality plays a huge part in it.
    Soloing lately, I can get about 10%/hour, but that is also based on the needs of my wife (ie, her calling me away)
  5. ARCHIVED-Almeric_CoS Guest

I almost NEVER solo. If my wife goes to bed early, I will either clean up undercon quests from my journal (still shooting for server top 100!), or do some tradeskilling.

Most of the time we'll group up with guildmates to do Heritages or something, but last night we were only a duo. Right now we're level 37.

We spent 3 hours killing grey, green, and blue mobs inside the Wall and just outside (feral lashers and grimmin whelps for stupid book quests).

3 hours of wuss mobs for quests still gave us 20% each of level 37 (and a pretty good amount of money), between mob exp and quest exp. In a risk vs. reward view, we made out like bandits. Never underestimate the power of questing.
    Message Edited by Almeric on 05-16-2005 05:10 PM