Xilania Nevagon: Who is she?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Rivald, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Rivald New Member

Just as the thread title says, Xilania Nevagon: Who the heck is she?
    She's the Seraph of Hate and the Leader of the Spires of Hate Faction in Neriak. It is very odd that a Ayr'dal Halfelf was chosen to lead the faction that represents a true adherence to Innoruuk and Hate in the city. It just seems that they would choose a Teir'dal, but they didn't. That's key in the question of who she is, how did she manage to become the Seraph of Hate over other Teir'dal?

[IMG]

Any information anyone has about her background would be appreciated. I heard a rumor or two that she has a brother in Freeport, but I forgot where that information comes from or if it's even true.
  2. Rainmare Well-Known Member

there's not a whole lot known about her. she seems to be more an SK then a Priestess...and she's part of the SK epic quest. she held one of the medallions that was used to open the chest the SK sword was kept in, and it was given to her by Mayong when he sealed it, alone with the other 2 to other high ranking Teir'dal. so it could be she had Mayong's support to become a major figure in Neriak.

a half elf surviving in Neriak prolly either has a VERY powerful patron, or a VERY influential family on the Teir'dal side. since half elves of Teir'dal orgins don't tend to survive infancy/early years.

however, also giving that the Church of late has had a strained relationship with Cristanos, she could be in charge because Cristanos placed her there thinking a Ary'dal would be more maleable then a Teir'dal.
  3. Rezikai Member

She was the priestess over the Dismal Rage (or whatever the post Lucan overtaking was called) who gave out the pre-EOF quest for Innoruuk,,...(Tunare was the same quest-location) to send your mind and essence back in time to a Teir'dal captain's body and stop the Scroll of ... G'Han I think.... from falling into "un-wanted" hands... We go back and take over the Teir'Dal cavalry captain's body making sure to keep Prince Talvus away from the danger as the rangers and scouts attack his party at Cauldron Hollow.

This is the quest where we found out Talvus survived the assassination attempt we had been told he died in 2-3 years previously at the begining of EQ2. We had some really nice special spells while in the body of the Tei'r Dal Captain (whos name i forget atm) like mounted cavalry charges and such.. with full graphics of teir'dal riders coming in to help for the AoE.

Anywho we fail to retrieve the scroll or to put it away to be found later as some then "unknown" assailants attack from inside Cauldron Hollow as the Talvus' forces were holding off the rangers. It would be some time before we learned who the masked "Of the Arm" title holding secret attackers would be... when Neriak was re-found of course.

After we return to our own body and tell Xilania what happened she becomes furious... and rightfully so, failure to teir'dal usually carries a "high" price.

Note: near the beginning of the quest we ask Xilania why she thinks Lucan wont kill her and her following there for bringing prominence to Innoruuk's name when Lucan strictly forbade any other gods aside from himself to be worshiped. She hinted that certain... ties... to his name were so intertwined with her-own and such she did not fear his retribution. Almost like a daughter laughing about a father's stern talking to.

*twirls one of the fabled Heartsbanes*
  4. Kaitheel Developer

It was Commander N'Farre who you got to experience the Battle of Cauldron Hollow as, if you were sent in by Xilania.

~ Kaitheel
    Rezikai likes this.
  5. Rezikai Member

Thanks for the assist Kaith. Commander N'Farre was it eh?,... hmmm the name is very ... familiar... time to go searching.

note: upon doing more research the original quest text called it the scroll of H'dar, found here.. ([/_=-_-'-_-=_\])
    perhaps G'Han is what the scroll is called when it is made whole again? hmm *rubs chin in thought*

Hmmm EQ2i doesn't mention the quip regarding Xiliania and Lucan though I think it wasn't part of the quest just flavor text and may not be used in the information there nor does it the spell for the cavalry charge which may be because it had like a 10 min recast timer or something so i wouldnt be surprised not to see it.. though the flavor text I was hoping for... maybe I'm just getting old and remembering things I've made up in my head.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

I remember hearing a rumor that Xilania was Lucan's daughter. I can't remember where so don't take that seriously unless someone else has a source?