Xakkoriz - Lore of the Vengeful

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-Xakkoriz, Jan 16, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Xakkoriz Guest

Long ago... before the shattering.

It was a quiet autumn evening.... the continent of Kunark, the city of Cabilis, an Iksar male is quietly walking down the path. His job was that a of a guard and so he was to protect the city. It was sunset and he decided to patrol the woods around the trail. He was walking through the forest when he heard the leaves and twigs crackling behind him. He turned around and drew his blade, "Who is there, What is your business at Cabilis?", he asked. Two people walked behind from a tree....one and iksar, one a man, both bandits. "Oh we want nothing from Cabilis.", replied the human. "We want your gold you'll fiflth!", shouted the Iksar bandit. The Iksar bandit then tackled him to the ground.... the human... stabbed him in the chest and back... killing him. Another guard dead one might think, but to this guard he had a loss.... he had 2 young ones... Vanusk, a young one training to be a warrior , and the other too young to train yet.

--Days later--

A female Iksar woman's running through the trees and places a young iksar wrapped in cloth on the ground behind a tree..... "I'm sorry... but I just can't raise you and your brother alone. Maybe someday I will see you again, but if not I know you have passed on.", she said and then ran off. A few days later one of the Iksarian Heretics was walking through the forest when he saw something near a tree making noise and squirming around. He walked over and saw that it was an Iksar young wrapped in a wet cloth as if it had been rained on. He picked him up and held him in his arms for he felt a sorrow for the poor young one. He pulled back the cloth and saw a weird scale pattern... it was normal except for one of the scales on his chest was an odd color. He pulled the cloth back over and carried the young one back into the city of Cabilis. While in the eastern side of Cabilis he took him to the Shaman to see if there was any thing wrong with the youth, but there was not. He then carried him back to his home... and the home of the Necromancer... The High Tower of Necromancy in West Freeport. Here he raised the child to the year of training....

TO BE CONTINUED.