X-pac in November

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Merriestar, Jun 11, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Mikkachu Guest

Ooo, ooo. The 'what IIIIII want' sort of topics are sort of fun. (Because really, that's sort of what this topic turned in to, isn't it? ...That and halflings. Pure evil, I tell ya.)

If we're looking at the 'evening it out' scale, another Good Starting city would be a nice idea. Whether it be a good starting city in the way Neriak is evil or the way TD is evil isn't as important- sure, I guess good could use a city where evil's get curb stomped just trying to step in to, but I don't really see it as neccessary. Let everyone do content. (Hey, how about that fae content being unlocked for evils, now?) I also don't think a Starting City *has* to have a starting zone: if done carefully, it could maybe get them leveled up to 8-10 by exploring the city/story behind it quests, then funnel everyone off to Antonica or whatever.
    I want another 60-70 zone. There is not enough solo content in Loping Plains and Kingdom of the Sky to level you up if you lack vitality and XP bonuses (which, admitedly, you usually don't, and grouping's never killed anyone and some non-solo quests can be done by solo players). I don't think this is a good thing. I don't really care what the zone is or what it's like, as long as it has at least one good solo questline. Some small group content at that range would be great, too, but seriously, I'm not that picky.
    I'd like a contested dungeon for, I don't know, 78+ (or even just 'people at the cap'. Personally, I like instances and have no problem with them, but the contested stuff needs some love, too.
    I want, what is it, three more points?, for my silly subclass AA tree. Probably should make it five or ten . I don't really care. Let me have three 'capped' abilities. It annoys me as it is. Make the Shadows Tree match the other trees, too (230?). Or just let me have 200 AA and be able to put all 200 in one tree, if I feel like it. Whatever. Oh, and fix the silly priest cure trees. Is that expansion stuff? Honestly, if that's what it takes to get them, then I'll go with it.
    I would like another zone for 30-40, and maybe 20-30 and 50-60. I don't see those as important as the 60-70 (but that's only due to the fact that between Lavastorm and Everfrost's new lines and hanging around Steamfont your 40-50 content spills over to the 50-60 range, as I swear that DoF is pretty much next to KoS on the 'annoying' levels), but considering the last two expansions were basically dedicated to capped players, another EoF 'all levels' thing would be, I think, fun.
    I want to go back to Odus. I want more Erudites. Favorite race, alien-look-alikes or not. I also want Prexus back as a worshipable god, but I may be the only person in the world who wants that. Veeshan would be lovely too, yes. So would EMarr, for all her devoted followers. That would give us even evil and good, and an extra neutral. I'm sure there's another lovely evil god or two out there, though (here a Thule, there a Thule?). Assume I want them as well. I don't care. Still, more Erudites.
    I want to beat up Rallos Zek or Mayong Mistmore again. Because I swear that's all I do in EQ1, and I'm starting to twitch from withdraw, here in it's sequal. (I'm kidding. Please, please, I'm kidding.)
    While they're at it, I'd also like a cookie. And more house items. And more quests for tradeskillers going up the levels. And more wood nodes for the 50-60's. ...Yeah, and cookies.
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Rheem@Blackburrow wrote:
    They tried that with CoH/V, it didn't work to well, people still figured out how to get around them, now they accually hand design many of thier zones.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

kela wrote:
    They actually weren't random, they just had a very diverse breed of maps that it auto-selected for the missions. Sadly most of them fell into the trap of including the same "Ending Room", so it all ended up looking the same anyway.
  4. ARCHIVED-Beghard Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Your just saying this because its just the sort of stupid thing you enjoy. But that doesnt mean its not a waste of time. God knows Gor was such a great update to the game. At least prolly 80% of ppl in game havent even ever been there. And that place must have taken forever to build.
  5. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

Beghard wrote:
    And that's exactly what Jrral is pointing out: Creating a level 1-20 zone takes as long as a level 30-40 or 70-80 zone. Yet the level 1-20 or 30-40 zones get used for 3-5 days till you outlevel the content and move on while a zone at max tier will get used till the next expansion.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dahktur Guest

And while a level 1-20 zone may only be used for 3-5 days by a single person, I will guarentee that it has more actual PLAYERS run thru it in a month then your mythical 80-90 zone that the top 10% of the server play in. Just pointing out, your math is flawed, in you are only counting YOUR time in a zone, not every person that goes through that zone.

Cheers
  7. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

Dahktur wrote:
    My math is flawed indeed, a level 1-20 zone will last a day or two at best as fast as you level now.
    And your math says that only 10% of the players have a toon at max level which they will play when the new expansion comes and much more player will roll an alt to play the level 1-20 zone? Or do you mean with "run thruh" the same as I do now with Moors (get in, pickup quest, port out)?
  8. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Halo of G4 wrote:
    Yet to get a toon from 1 to 80 in the current game takes less time than getting a toon from 1 - 70 did in EoF.
    every time they raid the level cap, they increase the leveling speed. Basically, they work on the idea that to get from the start of the game until ten levels below the cap should always take the same amount of time, with those last 10 levels as the only variation. RoK saw that time requirement set rediculously low.
    Saying there are less and less players at the level cap does not mean there are less players making it to the level cap, it means there are less players playing the game.
    The gap from 70 - 80 can largly be attirbuted to the solo quest grind that is required to get through this level range, which is worse than 50 - 70.
  9. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

10. ARCHIVED-highlander133 Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Geothe wrote:
    So, now we gotta wonder, if its unique-ish, or just Velious+Odus...or just 1 of the 2 i put :p The expansion name is vague, no hints at what continent we will get, though we already know New Halas is a zone >.>
  12. ARCHIVED-Kigneer Guest

Mordith wrote:
    Ditto. Like how it was also done for the class hat; tradeskill masters and some other quests. Where it's just you and the enemy, not a whole team backing you up. Makes getting the loot at the end feel like it's earned, and you proved that you earned it (not buying updates; not having 3 healers to prop the group up, etc).
  13. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

The Sentinel's Fate:

Features include:
    • Adventurers and Tradeskillers can attain level 90!
    • A new starting city for good and nuetral alligned players, Euridin!
    • All new class based achievements and a cap of 300!
    • 2 new classes, Beastmaster and Fishlord!
    • Twelve all new Raid Zones with a focus on Risk vs Reward!
    • New Weapons! Nunchucks and Rifles!
    • Racial Respecs!
    • Player owned boats!
    • Lucan D'lere and Anotnia Bayle are now Contested Mobs in their own fortresses!
    • Flying Mounts!
    • Lightsabers for the first 10 players to hit lvl 90!
    • Mythical charms that summon powerful pets!
    • Shadowknights become EVEN MORE POWERFUL!

ok well as you might have guessed that was fake. Or was it??!?!? he he
  14. ARCHIVED-Freliant Guest

Kigneer wrote:
    If its designed around raid geared people, then 90% of the people will not be able to do it, and if its designed with the casual player in mind, the raid geared will plow through it without even thinking twice. It will just be a farm spot to get legendary or higher, if those drops are placed in.
    Until they fix the huge discrepancy between the raid geared and the heroic player, they can't make zones that are truly "hard" without it being impossible for the mayority of the player base. Now before the flame starts, when i say "fix the discrepancy between raid geared and heroic geared player" I don't mean make raid gear weaker... I mean make raid gear have its effects work on epic targets only. If raid players want to do heroic zones, then their raid gear should not work in heroic zones, and they should gain heroic version of their gear while clearing solo/heroic content. This will keep heroic content in line with its intended progression, and allows developers huge leway in making raid gear as powerfull as they see fit for the targets the raid is going after.
    Meh... I am dreaming again, don't mind me.
  15. ARCHIVED-Freliant Guest

Crabbok@The Bazaar wrote:
    You lost me when you mentioned new classes... never gonna happen...
    You just went downhill from there, lol
  16. ARCHIVED-Thrads Guest

While the name is vague, I do not doubt the powers of the EQ community to figure out the puzzle. If we could figure out TSO through convo logs with Trakanon and such, we can figure out TSF.

Now, to try to spark a fire: Sentinels are guardians. If we are referring to the fate of guardians, obviously this is a reference to the future of something current, or the present of something past. It would reason, as we are discovering new content, that we are uncovering what happened to a certain sentinel/guardian (notice "Sentinel's, which is singular, not "Sentinels'" which is plural).
    These could theoretically be the guardians of Halas, as we know it is going to be a new zone, but what other areas would be released with New Halas? We already have Everfrost/Permafrost, so unless we are going into the Broodlands or Frigid Plain (areas on the original EQLive map we never explored) we have little else to go on from that area of the world. Other areas in the northern half of Antonica we have not yet seen in EQ2 are Highpass and Kithicor. Lake Nerius as well, though how a lake itself would seperate from Nektulos and still maintain its shape after moving around would confuse me like crazy.
    However, let me point this out: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/sea...html?q=sentinel
    Good ol' Allakhazam. As we can see, the majority of sentinels, especially named ones, were guardians of Kael Drakkel and Erudin. Icewell and Katta Castellum also come up, but not nearly as frequently. One reference to Odus, two to Velious, one to Luclin. Could this mean nothing? Sure! But we know how SOE is. They love to give us oldschoolers some fan service, and reference things from the past. I am not aware of any particularly notable sentinels, personally.
  17. ARCHIVED-Freliant Guest

Of particular note, the old "storyline" of the void invasion was around since pre-EQ times... and we were told that it was all over with this expansion.
    So more than likely, this will be brand new lore. Forget everything else, this is new stuff. (one can hope)
  18. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Yeah, Sentinels were mostly in Kael Drakel, and Erudin, thats why i think its gonna be both, and that New Halas might be in Velious. Heh, could only hope :p Would make us have all of the original continents+Kunark and Velious in EQ2
  19. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Just because there were Sentinel's in Velious or Erudin doesn't mean that the next xpac will be just that. There are lots of mobs in game as well as items and spells with the word Sentinel.
    Sentinel obviously means Guardian of some kind...so....
    What big named mobs in EQ2 lore have guarded something important to the Fate of Norrath?
  20. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

I know I know! Me me me! Pick me!!!
    On a side note... I love seeing all the ideas that get thrown around :)
    I'd like to say that as a reliable source, I can without a doubt tell you that we're having an expasion * nod *
    And now, I'll refrain from all further teasing til after Fan Faire so people don't beat me up in Vegas ;)