Wyrmsteel

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Bewts, Jul 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Bewts Guest

Anyone tested it? Obviously most people at the level to obtain and kill these bosses likely have a RGF in hand, but I was curious how the DPS parsed out versus your normal weapons. Honestly, I can't see a 20 dmg proc (every swing, hit or miss?) out DPSing even playermade weapons. Perhaps with 200% or more it might be comprable but regardless inquiring minds would like to know!
  2. ARCHIVED-Dandelize Guest

Wrymsteel wrymsteel...

1) First and most important, the proc only lands on fire and ice drakotas, and the deception drakota's. Add Prismatic version of vox and theres I think 7 in total mobs you can use it on. Does not work on any of their adds. They dont work on the Prismatic version of drayek. They didnt work on Darathar. People likely have their prismatics, before they have their wrymsteel, so for usefulness, your guild can alraedy kill all those 7 mobs without the wrymsteel, the wrymsteel is pretty useless.

2) The proc damage, yeah ... its good stuff. Its on every hit. If you use a multie hit attack, it procs on all of those hits. If you dual wield, thats 2 procs for every hit. So basically thats 40-42 damage extra, every time you hit. I dont believe its on miss, but it was procing so much, I didnt care to look. So thats a 100% proc. 17-21 damage depending on weapon. On the Katars I think I got 20-21 damage each hit. So the proc isnt mitigated any.
    3) Would I use them over Ebon/augmented rare weapons? Yeaaaah I do (and I do have them). Would I use it over DW Fabled knuckles? Yeahhhh I would (and I have these too) . Would I use it over the RGF? nope, I'd use the RGF. (and I have that too)

I havent got a good parse with them, because the dragons I parsed were like the CoD one with adds, made the numbers look much lower, but woulda been very much higher while I was on the actual drakota.

4) Wrymsteel, worth it? I dunno up to you... If you only got legendary weapons and your guild is working/having problems on the drakotas, yeah I'd get them for SURE....

E) only the dw's are worth it. The stuns wands, the decrease dragons mitigation, the 2her weapons, pretty much suck. Of all the wrymsteel, the 1.2 delay shortblade is by far the best one, though we cant use it. THe night my guild made them and was playign around with them, scouts were pulling crazy aggro left and right they were doign so much dps.

F) Its cool to have I guess, the Katar's read, "Sarah" on the side of the blade

XoXo
    Message Edited by Dandelize on 07-25-2005 04:47 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Isawa Guest

My guild was lucky in that we have started the prismatic quest after making GL 25. So we got wyrmsteel while we were still hitting MG. That means, we have had them for every Drakota fight in F&I, and are now using them on Deception. We took out our first Deception dragon with ease lastnight, and our DPS just seemed awesome for this fight.

We personally like to use the slow stick, it really does seem to make a significant difference. I am using the two katar, and they are nice in that, they have the same base damage as my best fabled dual wield, but then add in the proc on the drakotas and its pretty sweet.

I would say, if you are just starting the prismatic quest and have the means, go for it. You have nothing to lose. The only other exception might be if you already have a ton of fabled weapons in the guild. That is the other reason it was a viable option for us. We moved on to prismatics before getting a ton of fabled since they made the changes to some of the other raid targets it just seems more feasible to go after the Deception drakotas, Rognog, MG, SP two group instance and the like to gear up.

Mitsy
    Legends
    Crushbone
  4. ARCHIVED-stfields Guest

Just pick up the katar, and use it when you need to. Assuming you don't have a 2hander like the Royal Great Flail, you can't go wrong with the added DPS. Wyrmsteel acts more like a buff on you than a weapon proc. So, it will "take effect" for your primary and secondary weapon. Using something like Rapid Swings w/ a Wyrmsteel Katar will give you the 4 Rapid Swings hits + 4 Wyrmsteel hits.
    Just a little advice... when your guild starts doing some of the harder drakota (and stuff like Darathar), try and put someone on magic debuff. It will make the wyrmsteel effect go from about 13 up to 25ish on the lower level ones and from 7 up to 15ish on Darathar.
    It might not seem like much, but if the entire melee raid force that is using dual wield is hitting for an extra 8-12 damage per hit, it adds up real quick.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bewts Guest

My guild already has most of our prismatics, and we were pretty much of the thinking most of our fabled weapons were > DPS than the wyrmsteel. Glad to see some input and I'll probably grab them just to have them around. Thanks for the input.
  6. ARCHIVED-Teidilu Guest

they DO work on darathar :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I think I've used mine once.
  8. ARCHIVED-Icewolf99 Guest

/em wishes he knew where they got that stuff from
  9. ARCHIVED-Moskito Guest

they are treasured,

so i guess they do not hit any epic besides dragons ?
  10. ARCHIVED-Teidilu Guest

mine hit every dragon ive fought... which is every dragon you can think of :) (yes even ladon and anguis :p (dont ask why you'd want to at that lvl... i was bord... ))
  11. ARCHIVED-Dandelize Guest

Your proc hits anguis? or just the wrymstel base damage?
  12. ARCHIVED-Teidilu Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Ranot Guest

Our guild didn't go for wyrmsteel until darathar second attempt... our first attempt we never got past 80% in 13 tries.. second attempt with wyrmsteel he was downed with ease.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ceist X'Tant Guest

In prep for Fire & Ice and Deception, everyone in Legends got Wyrmsteel, and So far we have slammed all the Drakota on the first attempt with out a problem. The Katars are pretty nice. Like Mitsy said they have about the same base Damage Rating weapons I normally use, but add about 40-50 Dmg from the proc every hit you land. IMO its perfectly feasable for a a guild to get Wyrmsteel weapons put together for their guild prior to doing the Drakotas, but not exactly something you have to do. If you can though and don't mind it, I would do it.

The only thing you have watch for is the agro you generate with the extra damage. I have gotten hit pretty good after letting a "Rapid Swings" rip.