WTH happened to Monk hps?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Bhayar, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Took my 110 Monk through enough of the Blinding quests to get him to 120. Put the new armor on out of the chest and instantly lost almost 90 million hps. Now sitting at 35 million. According to another monk, he's lost 100 million hps. How is this even possible?
    Several people commented on how orange adorns no longer work in BoL, which I get, but orange adorns never accounted for that amount of hps. Secondly, if that were the cases, my other 9 toons which have done the same number of quests would be showing the same results and they don't.
    Something's happened to the monk class in this transition and I have no idea what it is. Anyway, parked his butt because trying to run BoL on a 120 with 35 million hit points seems rather pointless.
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

Infuse you gear. You lose something crazy close to 25,000 stamina without infusing.
    Raff likes this.
  3. Gnomfu Active Member

My monk only has 28 million HP and he runs BoL outdoor and solo instances fine. Orange ^^^ con mobs will one shot you, but unless you wander into a heroic instance or get too close to group / PQ areas you will be fine. After missing the last couple of expansions i noticed some adorns with 8 hp or something like that increases. I thought these were low end adorns and never bothered to use them until i tried one - i think it was a 20 hp adorn and it added something like 300K hp to me. It made me think that if that worked then 20 d weapon damage would do the same thing. I'm not the swiftest monk on the planet, and that's only because haste doesn't buff intelligence, but i'm learning...
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Appreciate the workarounds, but seriously, why did fighters take such a monumental hit in stamina when no other class did. If this was a systematic problem across all classes, I could see it. As I said, no one of my other 8+ toons that have reached 120 was gutted as badly as the monk for stamina.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

I think every other class took a HP hit with the new gear/ new xpac. Ya gotta infuse...every way you can. It will come back.
  6. Treiko Active Member

my channeler suffered a large hit to HP. She was at 200m in the old gear. after infusing all the quest gear she is back up there again, but one thing i did notice is that just going to luclin zones drops her down to 175m. I don't really understand that one. I thought it was due to mount not being recognized until I finished sig and could fly, and still lost hp just for zoning into BoL.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

If you've still got some of your orange adorns in, that will probably explain it. Orange adorns are worthless in BoL.
  8. Treiko Active Member

Nope, traded them all out. Though I had no idea the class rune didn't function in BoL, but in my defense I play a channeler, it never worked anyway.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

First, I get that infusing helps. That is NOT the issue here. Yes, every class took a hit and I have a total of 19 of them with 9 now at 120. And I'll say it again. With same gear from chest, all at 120, none of them took a significant hit in hps like the monk did. With same class gear and adorns and with no other changes, all 8 or 9 are already at 112 hps. The monk, in same gear and adorns as the others are currently wearing out of the chest in the Blinding, is at 35 million. That's simply mind boggling.
  10. Ragna Well-Known Member

Two reasons :
    - Monk Prestige "Tranquil Constiution" give you more HPs per STA than any non-fighter class.
    - Just a guess but your monk should have more +HP% through gears, AA etc than your non-fighter classes.

Now if you have another fighter (with similar gears/HP pre BoL, obviously a fighter in solo non-infused CD gears will get a HPs boost) and not seeing such a drop, it might be something else.
  11. Ragna Well-Known Member

Now that IS strange.
    If you hadn't do that yet, try to reload your AA.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was my point in original post. I'll try the AA reload and see if that does anything. I was commenting on this to our GL who is a fighter and he also mentioned he took a major HP hit after BoL, but nothing on the scale I did.
  13. Piddler New Member

As an SK, I went from 28M health, to 108M health by redoing AA’s, so I suspect this is the issue. Look especially at the prestige line for max health, but if you’re still having issues, give the name of the character and your server and I’ll take a gander tomorrow.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

It seems to be something about the new zones.

I don't do much of anything these days other than holidays & crafting, but my mystic has 58 or so million hp in non-BoL zones and only 26 ish million in BoL overland zones (or is it 56 & 28 something like that).

So, I honestly don't know if this is a bug or a "feature" for the new expansion. I wish I'd had time to do beta this year.