wth did Sony do?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-masakre, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-masakre Guest

Why did Sony think it was ok to change what loam was needed to make level 70 combat arts? Level 70 combat arts were released in KoS, not RoK. Why do I need a RoK loam for a combat art released two expansions ago? Fix it Sony. This is bull crap.
  2. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Welcome to Tier 101.
    Please find a seat anywhere you can .. you are slightly late to the class ....
    • T1 = 1 to 9
    • T2 = 10 to 19
    • T3 = 20 to 29
    • T4 = 30 to 39
    • T5 = 40 to 49
    • T6 = 50 to 59
    • T7 = 60 to 69
    • T8 = 70 to 79**
    ** exception is for PRE-Tier release. When the next tier has not been released the " X0 " level will Temporarily use the current's Tier Rares.
    When the Correct Tier info is available all the " X0 " spells will be corrected for the correct tier usage.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

Ahh so this is why one of my level 70 spells took the T7 rare instead of the T8 Rare. Frankly i wouldn't have bothered except i could only get the AD3 version of it and nothing less. =/ Oh well i'm ocd i paied the coin got my rare got my spell now don't care except to say AHh so that's what happened and why.
  4. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Disiplin@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Well, they told us prior to the release of Rok they were changing the spell tiers and structuring of it going forward. It was completely foreseeable but not sure really what to tell you.
  5. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Kaisha@Permafrost wrote:
    Except that I just outfitted my two-boxing troubador with a bunch of adept3s last night... I pre-bought all the loams because I "knew" it worked this way... then wound up 3 alkali loams short and 3 spongy loams long... because the level 60 spells needed T6 alkali loam. Right now, for jewelers anyway, your chart needs some modification:

T6 = 50 to 60
    T7 = 61 to 69 + one skill at 70 (the one that's in the Ancient Teachings of Jewelers recipe book.)
    T8 = 70 (except for that one skill from before) to 80**

This isn't really Tier 101... it's Tier 501. Mainly because the rules change nonsensically at random intervals. It's at the point now where if someone asks me to craft spells and I'm not on that alt, I tell them to wait while I log in and see what jewel/metal/loam they're using today... at least the recipes now always give you Dusts that match the rare you used...
  6. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

If a item, spell etc is using the wrong tier of components then /bug and Domino will fix.

We have an efficent tradeskill Dev, however if you just whine in channels or random threads it will not be seen and not be fixed.

A proactive Dev needs proactive players to point things out.
  7. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Prrasha wrote:
    meh. what Banedon said.
    If 1 spell here and there is different from the "norm" .. either that's an exception or a bug, it doesn't make it the Rule. The Rule is the way that 90% of the stuff goes.
    The above listing is correct for what they wanted and what they aim for.
    The problem is/was that we had a Dev that approached TS'g in a rather haphazardly way.
    /bug the conflicting recipes.
  8. ARCHIVED-graewulf Guest

Disiplin@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Because they don't know how to do math. If they did, there would never have been this screwed up system from the start.
  9. ARCHIVED-Meunayil Guest

If you had played this game since release you would (and therefor expect) remember this change when level cap was set from 50-60, then again when it went 60-70. It makes perfect sense. In all numbering systems it goes 0-whatever the base is (1 for binary, 9 for decimal, etc). Hense the reason many when knowing a level cap release is about to come by their X0 spells so it still uses the cheaper rare.