WTB: Developer Feedback

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Boli32, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Can we have an ETA on when you hope/expect the paladin heals to be looked at even if it as simple as "Two expansions time when we can be bothered"
    Having the paladins defensive abilties defined as "healing" which was hit hard by the heal nerf makes many of the paladin abilties completly useless; moreso in raid situations.
    We wish to use our heals as spike agro devices not as a way to continuously heal ourselves I have given data in other thread(s) and now we are just looking for developer feeback on when changes to the paladin heals are expected to come in.
  2. ARCHIVED-RazeltheRogue Guest

I hope they have listened and looked in on the suggestions everyone has made, but I was expecting we would have heard something before now as well.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lamandrion Guest

They have forgotten us Boli, as always ever. The Crusaders are cut, no one knows exactly why. The statement is balancing, although the fact can not be, because the Crusaders have been the weaker buffs and make the lower damage and so on, especially paladins.
    But it does not believe the interest we now have no real defensive strength more, no short buffs ect. less critical bonus to the damage and so on. Once again you have thought of something but does not have to end. And a change without testing and without warning just have prevailed. The specials and the buffs from the Guardians and the heals from the Zerker were even improved. It should heal himself only by the Crusaders to her class but it just does not interest.
    Regards
    Ingerimm from Valor
  4. ARCHIVED-Loxosceles Reclusa Guest

I highly doubt we are going to see any eyeballs on this until after the Mit change hits live and they can "evaluate" the effects. Until then, I've removed all but 2 (LOH and our self-heal) from my raid hotbars to make room for other less semi-useless stuff... Nothing to do but wait and see.
    On the bright side, I now have room for joust and combat leadership. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Loxus@Everfrost wrote:
    bah joust is a good CA to have if your not the MT. With all those nameds that kick you away from the mob, joust is a nice little instant jump back to the mob. As well as it allows you to use Holy Ground w/o ripping agro from the MT. That is joust has 15 meter range Holy ground has 10 meter range, after your melee swing hits back up while casting decree, then hit holy ground and joust to get the dmg proc effects of it w/o stealing agro and any minimal dps you lose from being away from the mob is made up by holy ground. (Though on trash F the MT just holy ground and destroy). Again this is useful if your NOT MT.
  6. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Controlor wrote:
    Any KB named this saves the mob moving... plus it better damage than half our normal CAs.....
  7. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Paladins are fine. There is no need to boost their heals, they can already tank any content in the game and better than most other tanks.
  8. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Boli32 wrote:
    Yep that was one of my points (the KB at least), didnt really mention its dmg as i tend to save it for any KB or using holy ground. (I am the OT or would use it more often for dps). All crusaders really should keep it on their hotbar if not for KB than for the dmg it can do.
  9. ARCHIVED-AzSkyDragon Guest

Rahatmattata wrote:
    Every tank can get stonewill gear and fatal life tap.
    No reason Pally's should have 6+ abilities that don't scale right for content. The heal skills need reworked if being a "healing tank" is overpowered because stats got consolidated and class balance and itemization are not on the same page.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

i agree. it is harder for the palladin to take on mobs now. pls give an ETA if/when you will change this? if not changing, pls just say "not gonna happen". thank you. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Lamandrion Guest

@Rahatmattata
    This is a meaningless statement. If you already have the best equipment and can no longer do you need to assess not at all the more. Because the problem is indeed to come first in this equipment. And if this already has everything to tank. Reaches games with people not yet have everything and you'll see that it is now much harder to stay alive as the other tanks.
    @Tigress
    No, this is not a new problem, this is an old, because the paladin does have less aggro specials. We can live with, but not so that we no longer have to tackle spike damage. Paladins have no short time buffs, but they had to compensate the heals. So if you weaken the heals you have to provide compensation.

There are many points where the paladins are disadvantaged in comparison to other tanks.
    Look for example at times the groups buff. I mean, "Divine Inspiration", which is still pretty much useless. He makes a dps increase in the group of about 5-20 dps. The other tanks for permanent have e.g. 1600hp buff and not a proc like the paladins.
    Look at the guardian them buffs now raidwide HP and defense and that for all raidmembers. Paldins buffs 5% heal amount for heal-capable classes and 1,25% base for all. The raid buff mitigations of the paladins, for example, affects everyone except the tanks.
    or
    Look buff for example, views the individual groups to proc. I mean, "Combat Leadership" which is also pretty pointless. It makes a dps increase by about 5 group dps, because he has only a single trigger and must be re-cast every minute.
    The use of heals is just as difficult as tank and now just more senseless as before. The problem with the heals and the ward are the cast times and the mana consumption. Because often it is used as a tank just interrupted at the ward cast.
    So could you need for start-ups was 1-3 for the damage assessment of 2.5 k - 6k at a HP of 22k-35k that's as good as anything else on, depending on the situation. Or take the group heal that heals when these skills fully, depending on the equipment between 3k and 4k, the people in the raid, as a rule 18k-35k HP. As you can see little effect. Dots and so on have far greater negative effects.
    Given the fact that mean 5% less resistance to 25% more incoming damage, the adjustment will have the mitigation already serious effects. For me, for example about 10% lost when physical resistance. The scenario is 50% more incoming damage. Other classes have buffs to compensate for this, not the paladin and only one can when one of the raidadornments uses this to apply, but rare, not permanently.
    [A short excerpt from what I have sometimes worked to explain it to my Raid Force:
    Hello people because the system has brought about some of the resistance not quite seem to have, I try to explain it once universal, so it maybe everyone understands and remembers why resistance is so important. So the optimal state, therefore, means 80% resistance to get through 20% of the unabated loss. Thus, one can assume that these 20% of the damage equivalent to 100%. Has anyone come only 75% resistance by 25% of the unabated loss. Thus, therefore, with reference to 100% at 80% now 25% more damage than 80% resistance that is 125%.
    So a mob power now at 80% damage resistance makes 20K, so he does have by 75% resistance 25.00 K damage. => 5.00 K more (25%)
    So a mob power now at 80% damage resistance makes 20K, so he does have by 70% resistance 30.00 K damage. => 10.0 K more (50%)
    So a mob power now at 80% damage resistance makes 20K, so he does have by 65% resistance 35.00 K damage. => 15.0 K more (75%) and so on.]

I know the resistance cap is reduced to 75% but the calculation remains the same.
    Therefore, the interaction is between the set of all already made and proposed changes will be more viable to play for fun to have. Because people want to play with their selected class ages ago, and not constantly adjust to the change of classes and possibly when is barely playable, and only a cruelty to make one other char.

or

Why is now the difference between the tanks in the critical bonus?
    Crusader: 0% heal, 30% CA, 30% spell, 50% taunt | by 40% CA´s and 60% spells consisting of (33% dps spells / 33% heals / 33% buffs)
    Warrior: 0% heal, 50% CA, 0% spell, 50% taunt | by 100% CA´s
    Brawler: 0% heal, 50% CA, 0% spell, 50% taunt | by 100% CA´s
    Regards
    Ingerimm from Valor
    Excuse my bad english I hope you understand what I mean anyway, would be a shame to write it at the time. Thanks
  12. ARCHIVED-Dread_Fang Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=484518&post_id=5422184 **Everyone needs to stop trolling and flaming**
  13. ARCHIVED-Valphine Guest

Rahatmattata wrote:
    No. Yes, they need.

Xelgad wrote: