Wrong Forum

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Expired-Account, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Expired-Account Guest

I know this is the wrong place for this post but I rarely venture out of the warden forums, and at least trust yalls opinion. I am still a nub to eq2 being only a few months acquainted with it so I dunno if this is in the works or not but....Is there ever going to be an expansion that feeds to the people who like to quest/get AA. Right now the AA max is ridiculously low, I just miss eq1 having over 300aa, and that still being low compared to some people.
  2. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

While max AA may be low in comparison to what it was in EQ1, it's not all that low in comparison to the existing AAs. They give us the option to have more AAs and there's no longer choice in your selections. Everyone will have all abilities. AAs were introduced as an alternate way to advance your character, choosing to take one tree over another and having that choice actually mean something. I'm sure eventually SOE will put in other AA trees and expand the amount of max AAs you have, but I don't forsee them increasing again the number of AAs you can spend in each tree. Of course, I didn't think they would increase each tree from 50-70 with RoK either....
  3. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Agree. I have a hard time deciding what to spend 140 AAs on. We don't have very many good choices, for the AA we CAN get, let alone for more points. 300 AAs in EQ1 was after many years...which is kind of how things are going with this one. In order to consider the game progression without complete revamp (and we remember how well we liked revamp...) they'd kind of have to add not only more points but more interesting things for us to have with them.
    If you consider what different abilities can do, though...with a ton of AA...all of us end up being the same class, basically ..LOL. Add aa that lets my melee spec taunt, give a Guardian a heal...voila! same class ::grin::
  4. ARCHIVED-Expired-Account Guest

9 years ago when I played eq1 I didn't have time for raiding, so I could never have the gear that the raiders got. Instead I spent my time on grinding AA. While applying to a raiding guild in eq1 you were fully aware that you were signing up to raid-not grind and get AA. So most guilds would require you to have a set number of AA per class to even apply, and if you got in you knew that your AA progression would be slowed considerably. So when it was all said and done you had mad gear but not insane AA. Unlike eq2, eq1 had AA choices for every stat-sta,wis,int, etc. so even though I didn't have the sick gear I had the AA that somewhat made up for not having the raiding gear. AA didn't just straight up give you the abilites that they do in eq2, they for the most part just made the stuff you already have better. Which to me and alot of my friends gave us something to waste time on at the end lvl. I am not lvl 80 yet, and seeing as how I have been lvl locked since 10 (lvl 50 now) I will be at 140aa quickly and won't know what to do, seeing as how I still don't have the time to dedicate to raiding.