Wow, Niami (Mum) what a difference you have made already!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kattt, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Kattt Well-Known Member

First, apologies I don't normally call you Mum like everyone else. :p My mother has a very special place in my heart (may she rest in peace,) and I can't bring myself to call anyone anything that sounds remotely like it. I know you understand, but my change from the usual was out of respect for both. =)

Now, I have to say, I was scanning through some forums today and noticed how MUCH I saw the icon "Dev" (because of you) sprinkled across the front page of this forum alone! I want people to know, that dev tag was all over the front page about 9-10 times alone! It used to be, I had about given up on the forums because there did not seem to be a lot of dev communication. I never knew if that meant they read but didn't respond. It felt sorta like hearing crickets, ya know. (And that is with my knowing that they are good people, and I realize how hard they work.) I know you often interacted in posts in a non official position, but now that they were keen enough to hire you, I see you responding so much! It is noticed!

I swear I am not kissing up because I want anything, as I have mentioned in passing to others before, I tell it like it is. If there is problem, (with politeness and consideration) I tell it like it is. If something is good, I also strive to tell it like it is. So what I say, is honesty. That being said, just WOW, you have given me hope in reading and interacting on the forums again! Like enough for me to say, that if any other devs ever have time (I recognize how crazy busy they are) to do the same, you would be a good person to take note of. =)

I have read many of the threads you have chimed in, and you have taken time to explain things, to add your thoughts, and to even consider what others ask as possible. I know we can't always get what we want, but I swear there is a good many of us out there that are okay with that, and find it more important that the devs engage with us, and let us know their thoughts. It matters so much.

I mean it when I tell you, (not that its surprising after all these years reading your website and seeing your involvement in the community) that I am delighted, and renewed with hope that you have jumped right into your position there with great energy and effort. I see the effects already.

Okay, forgive my cheeziness here, but its like the community (espec crafters) got you for Christmas! =PP

I do not know how much time you have, or how you manage to do all this, but I am so happy to see it! My mother always did tell me, that if you want something done, ask a busy person. She must have been referring to people like you!

I know at times some players can gripe a bit, or you might hear from them when things are wrong, so I just wanted to take the time to write one post purely about something nice, and nothing more. And I know I am not alone in feeling this way. You made me smile today.

Way to go Niami, you've made the forums a better place! :D

And simply just....thank you!
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Agree 100% Very well put Kattt!
    Laughing Owl, Finnwizz and avashi like this.