Would you recommend TLE to a new player?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Nuulthrax, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Nuulthrax New Member

Iv'e been f2p for a bit playing around on the normal servers and enjoying myself. So I thought about subscribing to get the complete feel. Would you say its worth it for a person like me?
  2. Saints Member

Greetings!

I'm pretty much a new player as well, although I have played EQ2 off and on over the years, I never really went beyond level 20 on live servers. The first time I tried TLE servers was last year with Fallen Gate and I had the best time ever! The only problem is, I was starting a few expansions in with a few level cap increases and was feeling like I was missing out on the capped content - since I want to experience as much as I can (especially exploration and dungeons).

Kaladim is a great place starting out, the pacing is a little bit slower than live and it may lack some of the frills like Mercenaries - but for someone new to EQ2, this is GLORIOUS. I feel like I'm getting the experience that the game intended to offer before all the 'get cap quick' mechanics watered down the beautiful content within this game.

Try it out, its $15 for a month. If you're enjoying live servers, you might enjoy this even more!
    Rienna likes this.
  3. Agmar New Member

Try it, its a couple of bucks. The worst is you waste that money so check if you are tight on funds or can spare the cash.

Kaladim have no AA Mercenaries Fast Travel etc., so if you enjoy yourself for those reasons, you might want to keep playing on Live servers.
    Saints likes this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

I would recommend it, as it's starting the game from scratch with everyone else, not trying to play catch up or have confusing stats. I would also recommend joining a guild of people from the same timezone with same playtimes as you, as it'll make the experience even more enjoyable. Press U when you get in game!