"Would not take effect" and Chloroplast

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-nastymatt, May 24, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-nastymatt Guest

In a group tonight and "chloroplast" (Master 2) kept not working and "would not take effect" appearing. No other info!!

Now I am a lvl 53 warden so have had this spell since lvl 40 and never seen this happen before. I was in a group trying to heal a SK.. it probably worked 20% of the time.

The only other healer in the group was a fury (but wardens should stack with everyone).

Anyone got any ideas why this might be happening?

NM
    Message Edited by nastymatt on 05-24-2006 03:04 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Touryn Guest

The specialty heals do not stack within a class: regens don't stack, reactives don't stack, wards don't stack. Chloroplast sees an upgrade at level 68 (Greater Chloroplast) and furies get a similar upgrade. I would guess that your Fury friend is at least level 68 and was casting their regen, blocking yours.
  3. ARCHIVED-Supernova17 Guest

Another point of interest:

Specialty heals will overwrite each other no matter what quality as long as they are of the same tier and the Priets are of the same levels. For instance a Wardens Adept1 Single Regen can overwrite a Furies Adept III Single Regen if both Druids are of the same level. The game used to, but no longer does, check spell quality of equilvalent spells between a class.

Now for the most odd reason, it's been my expierence that a higher level Priests' spell while being of lower quality will overwrite a lower level Priests' higher quality spell and will NOT let them cast theirs again (would not take effect). Also, upgrades to the spell line will effectively block someone else using an older tier version.

Example, we have a new Inquisitor in the guild and he was patch healing an off tank as he'd been assigned. The off tank was getting his butt kicked and I (a Templar) switched away from my MT to help heal and used my single target reactive. The Inquisitor complained that his would no longer take effect and was baffled. I asked him about it later and he told me he was still using his level 54 Master 2 Reactive and that my level 68 Master 1 Reactive was totally blocking his from being casted (as it should) and that he was waiting to become a full member since we had his 68 Master in the guild bank.
  4. ARCHIVED-Teircen Guest

Perhaps a little off topic from the OP but relevant to some of the discussion...
    I have the AA upgraded faster Heals over time (druid AGI line). Only 1 point so far but about a week or two ago I was grouped with a Fury and their identicla HoTs kept failing and the only difference between us was primarily the fact that mine were upgraded by 1 point so were ticking every 1.9 seconds instead of every 2.0 seconds. I haven't actually tested or confirmed it beyond that one group. It's the only opportunity it came up and I only found out because the Fury was trying to figure out why they were getting fail messages on casting a HoT that they never had fail before. So I'm wondering if AA speed upgrades give a spell precedence. I never had it fail on casting even when I'm pretty sure they had landed theirs first.
    Wish I remember exacly what spell we were using. The main low lvl 50ish single target HoT I believe but whichever it was we both had it upgraded to Master I level.
  5. ARCHIVED-Morie Guest

I actually wish this would happen with even tiered spells as well. Although we try to have only one druid casting ST regens, hitting that key is a very ingrained habit for some of us and we do occasionally slip. I'd much rather see the would not take effect message than waste the mana.