Would Hawk Dive be better as this?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-littleman17, Oct 30, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-littleman17 Guest

I was just wondering what you guys think of my newest idea for making hawk dive useful.
    Hawk Dive
    Summons a permanent pet to the ranger's side that grants the RANGER a chance to decrease the aggro toward all non fighters in their group.
    Basically, this would make the hawk a perma pet (bumped up to no arrows with the hp of the summoner scout pet) that is only able to auto attack. This way, we can actually order it back when we want to use a stealth art. Then, the only good thing about the hawk is transfered to the ranger as a much more useful proc.
    This way, we get some actual utility (only one hawk proc can be active per group) and a reliable way to get the most dps out of CoB.
  2. ARCHIVED-NorrinRadd Guest

I like that Idea quite abit & would be impressed if it was implemented.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

I know this isn't going to be a popular view around here, but I actually knid of like it as it is. The change I would like to see is to make the hawk effective raid-wide. This would definately make us more popular amonst the raiding guilds.
  4. ARCHIVED-NorrinRadd Guest

I like that Idea Too =D
  5. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

littleman17 wrote:
    A little off topic, but I ignore the call for CoB and stay at ranged. I figured most rangers do this since I am not sure if the melee procs of CoB actually out weight the benefit we get from our ranged auto-attack. What do other rangers do?
  6. ARCHIVED-littleman17 Guest

Glad to see that people like my idea... minus that dude who likes it the crappy way it is. *shakes fist at Gar*
    And as for the cob thing, I too stay at range, but when a dirge calls for cob, it is when I generally send my hawk in. He doesn't do much to take advantage of the spell because he attacks so slow (but just fast enough to bork longer casting stealth arts), but it is better than the no advantage (other than haste) that we usually take of it.
    So, any more comments, or ideas of your own on how to make this spell more useful?