would be nice if SOE did this for us...

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-strider1987, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-strider1987 Guest

So after all the nerfage..or fixage as some would say we are really not the same class we were. We used to be top of the line dps (as a wizard would normally be), but now we are mediocre dps with very little utility/worth to a group. I guess I'm unhappy about this but I'm also happy because all the glory hunters are leaving my class. One thing I would like to ask though, since they changed our stun to 2 seconds instead of 6, it gets so annoying stunning then running back to shoot when the mob unstuns and runs into our minimum range. I realize it would be considered "unfair" by everyone who doesn't play a ranger if they took away our minimum range. Instead of doin that, why not let our shots actually hit if the mob is out of minimum range, but runs into minimum range? As in, if we cheap shot something run back 10 meters and begin casting our shot then the stun breaks and the mob starts running at us..the mob gets to 6m (less than minimum range) and our shot still goes off. This way we can't just shoot someone who is meleeing us but if we began an attack we can finish it. What say you SOE? I know you would make every ranger in the world happy and at the same time wont' have to deal with whiners because it's really not buffing the class, just fixing an annoying issue.
  2. ARCHIVED-King Leoric Guest

Good idea, basically they just do the same thing as for if the mobs leaves our max range. Makes perfect sense, but dont' expect it to happen.

Leoric
    Level 60 (****) ranger
  3. ARCHIVED-Prandtl Guest

Excellent idea. With all my ranged arts having 3 second cast times now, it is almost impossible to get 2 CA's off before the target is inside minimum range :smileysad:
  4. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

/agree
    Throw us a bone here :p
  5. ARCHIVED-Dark_Moons_Rising Guest

:smileysad: the bones in the back yard,, buried right next to the definition of AGILITY
  6. ARCHIVED-roblinb Guest

I'm not as distraught as some of you, I guess. I find that a little strategy is needed, and in some ways it makes it more fun. For example I fought a group of two yellow down-arrow (lvl 62) ravasects this morning. I used sniper's shot and sharp shot to kill the first mob. I began casting thorny trap as the second mob ran up to me and starting beating on me. The trap took, I backed off and first triple shot and snaring shot at the second one. It closed in, I initiated and completed a ringing blow HO and finished him off with quick melee arts.
    That said, it would be nice if they switched stream back to its initial point blank ability, and give us stronger melee arts. It doesn't make you feel to tough to be hitting for 30 damage at level 58 :smileytongue:
    Message Edited by roblinb on 02-23-200605:38 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

they really nerfed cheap shot? i wasn't sure yesterday (was using stun poison), but it really seemed to break fast. but i'm not so sure it's intentional. nothing was mentioned in the update notes (could be i missed it though). but what i've seen in the description is this: in 'duration' it says 6 seconds. but in the effect description it says 2 x 'lasts for one second'. doesn't look like that's meant to be.
    if it really is meant to be, instead of a solution i have this question: why was it nerfed? it's about the only way any scout can get off positional attacks, which are most of rogues and predators arsenal, while solo. i think the short duration on heroics was enough to hinder exploits.
    so my main solution, although i like the idea of some point blank shots too, is to make cheap shot work the way it did before.
    ---------------------------
    Ryilan Nightbreeze
    ---------------------------
  8. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Well, of course you succeeded you unloaded Sniper Shot on him. Are you going to wait 15 minutes between each kill? Read what you wrote. You used every skill in your arsenal plus 2 of your ancient teachings skills to kill two yellow solo mobs. Ack! if that is what you call ok soloing ability, put a bullet in my head now.
    At the end of that fight, every major CA you had was dark. And I still bet you were below 50% health or close.
    Elbryan
    60 Ranger
  9. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I counted Cheap Shot on a down arrow blue mob Tuesday night and it was still 6 seconds. I haven' t seen this nerf to it that everyone is reporting.
  10. ARCHIVED-strider1987 Guest

[IMG]the bones in the back yard,, buried right next to the definition of AGILITYYeah..what is agi really good for? My ranger on the PvP server has around 140 agi, where the same lvl swash has about 74 agi and 15 str more than me...just about every one of the swash's stats were better than mine (attack, mit, health)..everything but power...their avoidance was much higher too. Also consider that I had much nicer gear and the Swash was missing about 6 slots worth of gear (I had everything).
  11. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

I USED to be able to cheap shot, longshank, dire blade AND triple shot. This may have been a bit much, but I had NO trouble doing it. This is now impossible. Whether it was broken before or now it has changed...
  12. ARCHIVED-Steezity Guest

a; agility is power pool for scouts, and i have a sneaking suspicion that it is chance to hit as well...
    b; anyone find it sad that we need to keep putting up new threads saying the same thing over and over, just hoping maybe someone will respond to one?
  13. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Not sure what game your playing, but mine all are 1-2 Second Cast times still, besides Stealthy fire.