Worthwhile Weapons

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-RinionX, Sep 11, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-RinionX Guest

Its Sad cos im probably about to get them nerfed hardcore but for rangers that use the sweet spot fighting style and spam auto ranged attack in between melee CAs so that all your auto attacks are ranged... look into iceforged Sais as your weapons of choice, since CAs are not effected by the weapon you use and all your auto attacks should be Ranged and not melee with that sweet spot play style they are very worth it.

PM me for Details if you dont allready know. ^_^
    Devs are so gunna nerf them for me sharing info to improve Rangers =(
  2. ARCHIVED-BSbongo Guest

not understanding this post. please explain.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

He's being deliberately vague for some reason, hence the 'PM me for details.' But yeah, until that point, I was pretty lost.
    I just use the highest DR weapons I can get my paws on, personally. Right now, that happens to be the Sword of the Four Winds and the Foreman's Shank. Not very impressive, I know, but all the T7 Fabled DWs keep passing me by come raid night. :p
  4. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Methinks these might be weapons that proc off of ranged. Hence his statement that we use ranged auto-attack inbetween melee CAs.
  5. ARCHIVED-RinionX Guest

ok ok fine inc NERF from Ranger Hating Devs!
    Iceforged Sais have a 10% chance to proc knockback that last for .2 sec and a 140ish to 250ish cold AoE called Frost Gale
    Now here is the fun part they proc off Ranged, both of them form either hand and they arent Lore so you can wield two
    SO! end result if you play a sweet spot style and spam auto Ranged attack inbetween Melee CAs then you almost never auto attack with your melee weapons so DR on them wont mater because Damage Rating does not effect Combat Art damage amounts.
    proc gear FTW anyone? with just one of these in a crappy dps group ( i mean bad the inq didnt even dps me all i had was zerker buff and bruiser =/ group was 2 bruisers a zerker, inquisitor, mystic, and me.) set up in labs got me 2nd highest highest zone wide parse only the assassin beat me and he was in a dps group. and after examining the parse the spell Frost Gale made up 6% of my total damage oh btw i dont do the int line so maybe you guys with higher int... and the 50% + crit chance... /giggle
    Thanks! inc Nerf from Ranger hating Devs /cry people couldnt just PM me?
    Message Edited by RinionX on 09-11-2006 04:23 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Jblaze2 Guest

so thats why....was trying to figure out why this ranger was so [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] close to the mob and putting up those numbers.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mirdo Guest

JBlaze - that close to the mob is where we need to be to put out high dps numbers anyway - with or without melee weapons proccing on ranged hits. Between our ranged autoattacks we squeeze in melee arts - you have to be close to the mob for those to land.

I guess the Sai's will be corrected so that they no longer proc off ranged. Not necessarily a bad thing as it sounds like a bug or oversitght from the proc revamps.

Mirdo.
  8. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

Yep, i bet they will be "fixed" soon

++Xan
  9. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

Your assuming Devs READ the Ranger forums :)
  10. ARCHIVED-RinionX Guest

someone said on a earlier post that status effects were still meant to cross over, that said shouldntthis wepaon not need a fix it does indeed cause a status effect knockback for .2sec ^_^

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] if they do read this and it gets fixed and ruins my 20% aber AE damage may as well ruin claymores to! DW claymore procs off ranged from primary hand! so does 1hander! mwahahaha. I really think they are meant to tho cos omg there is no bow Reward, maybe Devs hate us less then I thought. =P
    Message Edited by RinionX on 09-12-2006 09:04 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-jrisley69 Guest

is this a PvE or PVP weapon? and if PvE, where and what drops or how do you get them?
  12. ARCHIVED-RinionX Guest

oh its PvE and i dont know where they droped i bought them, definatly a T5 raid tho probably something in everfrost imo