worth getting the adventure packs?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-thisjustanother, Feb 27, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-thisjustanother Guest

right now all i have are the expansion packs from the eof instore box. i play on blackburrow and i dont really see a lot of people asking for groups talking about going into any of the AP areas. and im not really sure if my guild does a lot of AP content. so is it worth spending the what, 25 bucks of APs or should i just save my money for the next expansion whenever it comes out.
  2. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

BLC AP is like 4.95 SPS AP is like 4.95 TFD AP is like 9.95 The first 2 contain spells or CAs that you might want. They are fun zones, but they aren't must haves. The last one, The Fallen Dynasty is like 55+ I guess. I dont know the levels exacty I only went there on my 70.
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

DobyMT wrote:
    I think this is closer to the right numbers.
    If you solo alot and are 1-50 Splitpaw MAYBE a good buy, as its good for soloing in and it lvls with you, though on my New Swashbuckler (who is now 53) has never visted Splitpaw(I keep meaning to do it for the Port to TS but never get around to it). So its definatly not nessicary.
    If you Tradeskill FD has some nice Tradeskill stuff but again its not really Nessicary, as for the BL and SP spells, well unless your a certain classes the SP spell an't worth it(especally after 50) and the BL Spell(that is not Vampire only) is available from any Spell/CA maker that has done some of BL or Knows someone who has done BL
  4. ARCHIVED-Nink Guest

[p]The early adventure packs DLC and SPS were okay, unless you are in a guild with a number of lower level characters you have no chance of getting a group to complete the heroic content in either zone.[/p][p]The one that maybe worth getting is the latest one TFD as there are some nice solo zones and quests.[/p][p]When the next one is released there is usually a clamour whilst everyone plays the zone; then SoE hit it with the nerf bat and everyone leaves. [/p][p]My advice is buy the last one if around lvl50 and then get the next one when released.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

The adventure packs are worth getting, BUT only the moment they are released. Don't bother getting them after 6 months or a year as the zones will be totally desolated.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lofar Guest

[p] I disagree, just a couple weeks ago I had no trouble organizing a pickup group to go through Bloodlines. There are plenty of people out there that want to go through the old adventure packs. But the thing is most people will not make the effort to actually try to get a group together for it. But then I've noticed that's a common trend in pickup groups. Most people will just put up their /lfg and send lfg messages in their level range chat. I frequently see 4 or 5 people all posting lfg in the same level range for 20+ minutes and not one of them will take the initiative to actualy start up a group. Even in the off hours I can usually get a full pickup group together in less than 10 minutes.[/p][p]If you want to find groups for the adventure packs (or any other content for that matter), then you need to take the initiative and start one yourself. If you just sit around waiting for someone else to do it, you'll be waiting a long time...[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Morghur Guest

Azael@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I agree, If you put in the effort you can get a group together prety quickly. If you see people in the level range lfg just shoot a tell. I bet there are many people who want to do the old AP's again but don't bother asking, or even forgot about those. I intend giving it ago this week and see what I can get happening in Splitpaw :p
  8. ARCHIVED-KGrob Guest

[p]I keep hearing that TFD has good solo zones. [/p][p]I have a 70 Conjuror with very good spells/equipment and find that expansion very difficult to find good solo areas.[/p][p]It seems much more group oriented than solo...I've yet to find any of the good solo areas.[/p][p]Someone help me if they know something I don't. [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-tcg23 Guest

I play on blackburrow too. I'm going to be spending some time in the splitpaw saga soon, if you do get the AP, send me a tell. I also look forward to doing Bloodline at 30ish. You can find me on 'Shilent But'Deadly' my 23ish Swashbuckler.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jenarie Guest

Does anyone know the level ranges for these? Some of them say in the descriptions but some didn't. I'd like to buy them but I don't see any point in buying a 50+ one when my highest char is 25.
  11. ARCHIVED-tcg23 Guest

Yah, Bloodline is 30-40 Splitpaw is 20-50 (scales with level) Fallen Dynasty is 55+ I got that info from EQ2i, good resource. http://www.eq2i.com/articles/Main_Page
  12. ARCHIVED-Jenarie Guest

Thank you! :) I think I'll get Splitpaw and Bloodline now and leave Fallen Dynasty for if I ever grow up. ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Splitpaw has some good AA in it... And is good for getting some quick levels with harclave once every level. ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

>>>Splitpaw is 20-50 (scales with level)<<< Does that mean it greys out after 60? Can you still finish the quests after it is grey? I still need to get my teleportation shard from there....