World chat for free to play players!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Krednok, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Krednok Member

Just so eveyone knows, if your free to play you are locked out of general chat, so instead do this.
    :)
    In the chat settings tick the box that says Newbie.
    Then to chat you have to actually type this out everytime you want to say something --> /tellchannel newbie
    So to say "Hello Norrath!"
    you type this: /tellchannel newbie Hello Norrath!

I say this because communication is the core of community.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

to make it even easier I'll add this:

as you join chat channels they are assigned a number
    you can type command /channellist to see which channels you are in and what number they were assigned
    let's say you are in Auction (1) General(2) Crafting(3) Newbie(4) - all you have to type is /4 hello Norrath to say hello to everybody currently in Newbie chat.

To make it even easier and more customized you can change your channel numbers
    to do that type command /setchannelnumber OLDNUMBER NEWNUMBER

EQ2 has a lot of chat commands that help you in everyday gaming, macros, chatting
    for a full list check out eq2 wiki at https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Slash_Commands
  3. Krednok Member

First of all, thanks for your reply Chikkin.:)
    But it seems that some shortcuts only work for All Access Members. Well at least on mine it did this.
    I login and it says...

You have joined 'Newbie' (2)
    so I type /2 and it does switch the /2 to [2.Newbie] in the text field.
    However, when I continue...
    [2.Newbie] good evening Norrath!
    it prints this:

"An All Access Membership is required to chat in this channel. Free members can use the 'Newbie' world channel to chat with other players ( /tellchannel newbie message )."

so I have to type the whole thing out:
    /tellchannel newbie good evening Norrath!

Thanks again for your input because this could just be a fluke with mine alone I just wanted say what it told me :D
    Feara likes this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

oooh lordy! I didn't even realize that... no wonder so many people who can't chat in general just send tells with questions or to clear up somethng.

Thanks for enlightening me also :)
    Krednok and Feara like this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

Can you make a macro when you are F2P?

It seems like I seen something about a chat macro not too long ago.
    A macro for /tellchannel newbie maybe.
    Krednok likes this.
  6. Krednok Member

Yeah we can make tons of macros, lol. I did as you suggested but :oops: alas, nay, it printed the same thing for me.
    Now I do want to stress that it wouldn't work on Mine. That does not mean this won't work for you (the reader). Please do try this as you know how these bugs effect one and not the other sometimes.

But on the brighter side, thanks Feara because now I have a macro as a reminder of what to type incase I forget.:D
    Feara likes this.