Working out my Base Hate Per Second.

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Steve11418, May 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Steve11418 Guest

[p]If anyone can help or offer corrections that would be grate At work so don’t have the exact numbers… but would I be right in saying a Guard generates about 420 HPS on a single target + DPS and 210 HPS on other encounter mobs + AOE DPS. Table I used to work it out below. I figure if I can get a base number and roughly add whatever my group is adding to me… I can watch a passer and figure out when someone is about to steal aggro… I can then use reinforcement or rescue to prevent it? Dont expect an exact number... just trying to get a range.[/p][p]Example: If my Base is 400, My dps is 400 and a assassin is passing me about 400 hate. I can watch the paser and know when the wizi gets to around the 1000-1200 DPS mark he is in danger of stealing aggro? Source = Which CA is generating the Hate Hate = The Hate it produces Rec = recast time Proc = Chance to occur SHPS = Single target Hate Per Second GHPS = Group targets hate Per Second S% = Percentage contribution to Hate generation Single Target G% = Percentage contribution to Hate generation Group Target Source Hate Rec Proc SHPS GHPS S % G % Confront 1200 8 1 150 0 18% 0% Protection 1200 20 1 60 60 7% 27% Vindictive strike 1000 10 1 100 0 12% 0% Goading Assult? 300 30 1 10 10 1% 5% Inflaming Defense 500 1 0.2 100 100 12% 45% DPS 400 1 1 400 50 49% 23% Total 820 220 Assumptions: Inflaming defence: Mob attack speed is 1 second and is hitting you 40% of the time. Base numbers only unaffected by STR AA line or any proc on items you may have. [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Wabit Guest

[p]you're forgetting the hidden factors to hate... like the amount debuffs add, deagros that other classes have... if you're planning on useing numbers for this then you'll have to allocate an amount for those...[/p][p]if you have the same raid setup every night it'll be easier to an extent after a few nights of parsing... but say you have a trouby that shows up like 2 nights a week then the numbers will change...[/p][p]and never use rescue to help hold agro, its a waist of the ability... use it to get agro back, its all about the 3 hate positions gained...[/p][p]tanking is a feel, if everyone in the raid is on the same page then you'll know when someone is gonna pull agro most of the time...[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-TuinalOfTheNexus Guest

[p]I don't get why you'd ever want to work it out. You should go into any encounter with the goal of maximising your hate generation,and this primarily means your DPS. It's redundant knowing you need to do exactly 685.34DPS to hold aggro because you should be constantly striving to do as much DPS as possible. The only thing more important than that is staying alive, and that's only partly your responsibility.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Steve11418 Guest

[p]Not looking for an exact figure... just a general base figure.[/p][p]Once you have a general base figure you can then make some decisions based on that.[/p][p]For example if my DPS is low (for whatever reason) maybe I should be favouring a hate transfer rather that a hate buff. (Swahy, assassin, dirge rather than Assassin, dirge Coercer)[/p][p]With a Base figure you can generally work out what your DPS threshold is based on your group makeup. This will help you make decisions on other group makeup. For example you know you can hold off roughly 1500 DPS... So can sort the groups out accordingly?[/p][p]By trying to work it out it's also highlighted to me how important your personal DPS is in keeping aggro and aggro generation.[/p][p]Anyway I figure the Base figure for a guard (adept 3) is about 420 HPS + DPS.[/p][p] [/p][p]PS. If you have limited class to pick from when formaing a raid... somtime maxmising your hate genration is worthless if you DPS does not have a hope in hell of stealing aggro... maybe your better of droping that Coercer to a DPS group because you can hold the aggro just fine with an Assassin and Dirge?[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Belce Guest

Also none of our taunts do x agro, they do a range and that is never reported. We do see a resist when that happens and the taunt will refresh fast, but amount of agro for a taunt is somewhere between x-y.
  6. ARCHIVED-Snorm Guest

[p]Resists and misses also generate some hate, as does intercepting damage or even casting an intercept on someone. Casting buffs does as well. No idea how much in any of those cases.[/p][p]Snorm -- 70 Guard[/p]