Working on leveling a Provisioner and a Jeweler on Skyfire. Questions.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Provisioning about level 43 thru 47 certainly takes lots of luminous kindling. I bought 400 of them, I should have bought a thousand of each thing I needed for provisioner. Maybe 2k of the kindling. I did notice, almost too late, that some of those provisioner recipes use from 2 to 6, mostly 4, luminous kindling for 2 item results.

Got the Jeweler up to 41 during Frostfell.

I'm working on getting both of these characters to 90 crafting so I can get the gathering pony from Qho and his family.

So, the NPC merchant in New Halas sells spells up to level 49 or 50.

Are the ones after that drops ? Collecting ? Research ?

Thanks.
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Most guilds will have harvest boxes and fuel depots available for leveling.

I've met some people who simply don't enjoy being in guilds, so this is what I tell them: set up your house to be a crafting haven. Work on tinkering first because then you can make depots for your house. Store the fuel and harvests there so your bags aren't constantly full. You can buy a work order clipboard for your house. You'd only need workbench and stove.

Yeah provvy needs a lot of fuel but it's very rewarding.

When you level up more, the recipe vendor will offer you more books. The advanced books (mastercrafted recipes) for level 40-49 and 60-69 used to be dropped only (can't be bought from any vendor). I'm not sure if that changed. The recipes from MajDul are given based on reputation. You can buy the tokens for reputation gain or someone can trade you some, people tend to have extras of it.

Since you mentioned the Pony, I"m guessing you already know about https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Timeline
    Breanna and Zynt like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Bookmarked that page.

I have done up to the Irontoe East, making the battleaxes and turn in samples to Gnome Security researcher on most characters that I am crafting on.

I have the Gray Mustang Pack Horse to increase changes of gathering success.

Did buy up to level 49 crafting recipes for the provisioner earlier today at New Halas.

Logged in on Jeweler. Don't currently have much in the way of non-trivial recipes for making jewelry. This character has artificing 107 out of 210. But tradeskills are at 42.

Both of these characters are at adv level 110. I just need to get them to crafting level 99 so they can get the pack pony. With that, I can keep dumping regular harvest items into the depots I have on skyfire and feed the characters harvest items that are working on Tinkering, and the primary tradeskills.
  4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I added to my spreadsheet each crafting item so I can track it better.

Have made a tinker item that gives 1% better chance to tinker. Haven't used it yet, but I will.

The pack horse I mentioend above gives a 10 to most every harvesting skill during harvesting.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

That should say each crafting quest. Had to break down the columns so I didn't have to scoll sideways.