Words of the Wicked vs Darkbriar's Corpseskin

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-WickedT, May 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-WickedT Guest

I scored some Rough Opal and was thinking of upgrading my newly aquired Words of the Wicked to Adept 3. But, after examining and comparing Darkbriat's Corpseskin to Words of the Wicked appt1, I feel that Darkbriat's Corpseskin is better than the Wicked.

Looking for options, should I not bother upgrading Words of the Wicked to Adept 3, and just use Darkbriat's Corpseskin instead? Thinking up upgrading my Batz to Adept 3 instead, but just can't make up my mind :)

Currently have RT, Plague of Rats, and Ghastly Stench as Adept 3s. What should my next be?

-Shadar
  2. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Words of the wicked is one of our best spells, upgrade it. Definately do not upgrade bats, there is almost no difference between the app4 and ad3.
  3. ARCHIVED-WickedT Guest

Words of the Wicked Adept 3:
    - Increase Hate Gain of target by 15%
    - Casts Clawing of the Soul on target
    On a successful attack this spell has a 10% chance for:
    Inflict 159-265 damage on target
    Heal caster for 43
    - Increase Mitigation of target vs all physical damage by 273
    - Increase health of target by 61 every 10 seconds

Darkbriar's Corpseskin:
    Inflict 146-243 damage on target
    Heal caster for 38
    - Increase Mitigation of target vs slashing, piercing, and crushing damage by 266 (all physicals?)
    - Wards target against 254 points of damage

Common:
    - Casts Clawing of the Soul on target, same 10% chance for inflicting dmg and healing
    WoW Adept 3: 13-22 more damage, 5 more points for heal.
    - Mitigation protection points of damage for all physicals
    WoW Adept 3: +19 points of mitigation

Not common:
    - WoW Adept 3:
    Increase health of target by 61 every 10 seconds
    - Corpseskin:
    Wards target against 254 points of damage

Are these differences a big deal, worth upgrading to Adept 3?
    Perhaps WoW is more important as I progress in level?
    Does Darkbriar's Corpseskin become less effective and WoW grows as I gain levels?

Just wanna besure before I commit to upgrading WoW.

Message Edited by WickedT on 05-21-2005 07:58 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

At 49 WoW is mastered giving:

- Increase hate gain 15%
    Inflict 200-334 damage on target
    Heal caster for 54
    - Increase Mitigation of target vs all physical damage by 338
    - Increase health of target by 78 every 10 seconds

Darkbriars will master at 44 while WoW will continue to improve 'til 49. It's already better at your level so this will continue throughout the spells life. The ward is nice and it may stack (if darkbriars and words don't share timers) though I wouldn't consider it enough of an advantage to forsake words.
  5. ARCHIVED-WickedT Guest

Ah thanks El Chupacabras, didn't release spells properties change as levels increase. Looks like WoW is getting upgraded :)

"On a successful attack this spell has a 10% chance for XXX"
    This once per encounter? Once per creature being attacked? Or can it ocurring multiple times while my pet is attacking the same creature? Hoping the later :)
  6. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

10% chance per attack... any successful hit by the pet has a 10% chance of proc'ing that spell so once every ten hits on average. Needless to say, that damage adds up quick.
  7. ARCHIVED-Daryth_Shadowspawn Guest

I have both these spells, and they do appear to stack. Can anyone verify that there is a benefit to casting both? Thanks
  8. ARCHIVED-WickedT Guest

I casted WoW and then Darkbriar's Corpseskin, afterwards casted Bloody Ritual. I see the Ward from Bloody Ritual absorbing the damage.
    But don't know how to prove whether WoW's 'Increase health of target by 68 every 10 seconds" is active thou, anyone have idea?
    Wonder if the Ward from both Corpseskin and Grisly Brace stack, doubtful.

To be honest, I think picking up Corpseskin was a mistake on my part :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Necronstreksis Guest

WoW + Corpseskin + Grisly Stele

I use all three on the pet. And while I know the common parts don't stack, here's what I see.

The wards both stack. The Corpseskin ward either procs or refreshes over time, cause frequently I get messages such as, "Your targets ward absorbed XXX" when Stele hasn't been cast, and after a duration longer than the measily ward would protect from.

The regen of at least one of them sticks. This part is shady for me, because I'm not sure which components its taking to get the number that I see tick (usually 112+ hp). The regen aggro can be annoying on long pet pulls.

The procs of both seem to stack, but that just might be me... I've seen the pet charge a mob, and triple proc and do well over 1K damage on a pull. Once again, I'm not sure if it's the pet triggering the Agitation and Clawing x 2, or whether Rending played a part in it either.. I suppose I could check up on it, but last time I went through /log I think I gave myself a wicked migrane.

The other factor, is that I use the master rotting thrall... and I'm pretty sure it gets some unique ability that I don't usually factor into anything, but which might be a significant difference that I've overlooked.