Word of Force spell

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Souplover, Jul 2, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Souplover Guest

I saw a reference to the level 20 Word of Force Necromancer spell at OGaming and it says it is quested, but there's no reference to which quest it is. Could anyone who's done this quest please pass on some details about how to get started? It looks like a very nice spell to get.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ponno Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Lendis Guest

Complete the "gain the trust of the gnolls" part of the shard quest <do 3 quests in the den> and it will be available for sale on the vender/mender
  4. ARCHIVED-Allowen Guest

I think that just need to do the quest from the storyteller near hideout zone that requires to do the solo instanced Harclave, you finish it and gain a torch,with it can talk to 80pct of the npcs at Den.
    Completing this solo trial also gives a gem reward with a clicky gate to the Den zone, uses the same timer of call spell,3600 secs recast.

Allowen
  5. ARCHIVED-Lendis Guest

Not quite correct. Finishing 3-4 quests in the den advanced the gain the trust of the gnolls part of the darkened shard quest. the reward for that is the Return to Paw Stone, access to more quests, specifically the raid instances, and the vendor sells more items.
    Doing harclaves alone only yeilds a Cash payout for completion. doing most of the quests yeilds a cash payout only, with the exception of the 2 Arena's <even tho they are chest rewards> its still coin payout.
    Just do 3-4 quests.. its unclear at this time wether or not you have to 4 different once or can do the same quest 4 times in a row and get the reward.
  6. ARCHIVED-Eesti Guest

I have finished harclaves 4 times now with my alt without getting the recall stone so you have to do 3-4 different quests.

/Atziamhe
  7. ARCHIVED-Romka Guest

I did harclave quest, and twice did "supplies" quest. Got stone and faction.
  8. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

Do a few different ones. I did herioc/solo arena, crawlers and hideout. That gave me the shard.
    Message Edited by Uanelven on 07-07-2005 06:46 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-dzenith Guest

I think one factor is that you must finish an entire quest in a single go in order to gain faction for it. Leaving a zone and returning to it to finish a quest without redoing the entire quest doesn't seem to give a faction update. I think this explains why some people have claimed it takes several quests more than others in order to get the glowing shard.
    When I did the gnoll supply crate quest I did a bunch of crates and then died to a heroic mob. I went back later to finish the quest, however another person was in the group that needed all 10 crates. After destroying a certain amount of crates I finished the quest. No darkened shard quest update. We finished destroying the crates so that the other person in the group would finish it. After 10 crates were destroyed in the zone I got the update for the glowing shard, even though I had the supply crate quest finished several crates prior.
  10. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Is the proc effect for Word of Force even working? I've cast it many times, but I haven't seen any extra damage.
    Message Edited by Thakar on 07-07-2005 06:46 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe Guest

It has worked for me. Not OFTEN mind you, but yes it has gone off. So far only on greens though :smileysad:
  13. ARCHIVED-pyrotechnic Guest

Word of force proc (double damage - "perfect pronounciation") goes off on any level mob 10% of the time as indicated. I think its preferable to pestilential blast (Adept III) at lvl 41.
    Btw, words of force damage is determined by the disruption ability. Just curious if anyone has been able to verify whether those + disruption items are having any effect on damage. N.b. words of force has no damage cap, so the more you raise your disruption ability with items, the more damage you "should" be doing (empasis on "should" b/c chances are slim imo that it was coded right).
  14. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Is it clear when it goes off? I've been watching the window where I put my damage whenever I cast it and I also watch above the mob for the numbers and I've probably cast it at least a couple of hundred times, just trying to make it proc...no luck so far.
  15. ARCHIVED-pyrotechnic Guest

just used it today. if your watching the numbers above the mobs head, yes you will see two sets of numbers, e.g. 150, 147 appearing at the same time. If you are reading the text, you will read something about "perfect pronunciation." If you really casted it about 100 times, check your filters, dunno but maybe you got the effect filtered out somehow...cause imo if anything it seems to go off more than 10% - i often get back to back procs off the spell.
  16. ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe Guest

Been using it side by side with Blast, great HO finisher.
  17. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Possible that it is getting filtered...but I only have damage from teammates/other players turned off. Can't imagine why it would be put there.
  18. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Based on the way the spells look when they are examined, you would think this would be the case. However, its not. + Disruption items only raise your casting level for resists, not for damage.
    If I was level 50 ( 250 base disruption ) but I buffed my disruption to 255 ( level 51 base ), my spells would do damage like a level 50, but get resisted like a level 51.
    The only known way to raise damage is to raise your class skill ( Sepultures for Necromancers ).
  19. ARCHIVED-KaptanX Guest

Yes, but not every time. Mine usually does 174 to 207 damage, but sometimes it does that much twice in a row. Damage is not all that impressive, but its a good spell to have when mentoring cus it works all the way down to 20, and its also a quick reuse spell.
    -Vanir
  20. ARCHIVED-Rally Guest

I have done 3 quests in SP and "gain the trust of the gnolls" part, but I have yet got this spell.
    I am lvl 40 now.
    Anything I miss ??