WOOT! Jasper-Adep3,,help?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Fhursten, Jul 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Fhursten Guest

just found a rough jasper, very cool hehe:D anyway, i was thinking about shadowlunge wich i get at lvl 24,5.. but i am only lvl 21 ranger atm, so i was wondering what u would shoose.. Plz tell me what ad3 u would make of an rough jasper,

Happy hunting my ranger buddys :)
  2. ARCHIVED-cyressa Guest

Makeshift arrows. If you don't already have it that is. It yields 45 arrows each use which you will use constantly from now till 50 and beyond.
  3. ARCHIVED-Toplana Guest

I second makeshift, I still use it.. Its one of the best adept III's i have :D
  4. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

This is only my opinion, and believe me it isn't worth much, but I would probably choose the option you were thinking of and have the Shadowlunge Ad 3 made. That's the route I went. Shadowlunge can deal massive(between 700 and 800, which is pretty darned good) damage as you level up a bit. Combat benefits aside, it's just plain fun to see the mob's health go down so much with one single hit. I have the adept 1 Makeshift Arrows and have never run out of arrows.

Both are very useful, so I don't think you'll be disappointed regardless of your decision.
  5. ARCHIVED-Fhursten Guest

thank u fellow rangers, i dont care about makeshift cuz i am happy with ad1 on it, and i buy my arrows btw.. not really expensive, but what about Leaping cut, tribble shot and hidden shot? i think they sound pretty good, and one more question tho.. i've heard that the ad3 and master spells will get better in the future, but i am not sure, is it true what i've heard?
  6. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

I'd go for Shadow Lunge or Triple Shot. I'm 41 and I'm still using Triple Shot - I think Triple Fire will come at 42 or 43. Shadow Lunge may get used more often, though. I wouldn't underestimate those skills that do less damage per use but can be used 3-5x as often as the heavy hitters, either.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

Difficult decision, isn't it. And it really depends on your playstyle as to which is the best way to go. You also may want to think about Lunging Thrust, which is an upgrade to your current Impale, I believe. Although not extreme in damage, it makes your Shadow Lunge, and some of your archery CA's, more effective. Triple Shot is also a wonderful choice. You'll be using that one with great results all the way up to level 42. That line of skills is probably my favorite of all the bow abilities.

Think about how you like to play. If you solo a lot, you probably want to focus on your ranged abilities for kiting purposes (Triple Shot is one of the abilities that can be used while in motion). If you group a lot, which by the way is my preference, you'll want to have a nice balance between your melee and ranged abilities. In groups you will really shine, and quite frankly it is a waste not to use everything you have available to you.

I will propose another option to you. As tempting as it is to have that jasper made into a skill that you can use now, that skill will be replaced. Not until you reach level 38 do you start to get CA's that you will keep for the rest of your days. You could sell that jasper, and stash that coin away. That would put a nice dent into the cost of a ruby for a tier 5 CA. Keep in mind, this is not a recommendation, but merely an option. However, I always found it difficult to hang on to that coin.

I probably wouldn't do Hidden Shot or Leaping Cut. They're fine spells, Leaping Cut being the better of the two in my opinion, but if you're talking about 'bang for the buck', you'll probably see the nicest results with either Tripple Shot or Shadow Lunge. Others can probably offer the same opinion regarding choosing another path, but I never upgraded Triple Shot beyond Adept 1 and I didn't feel as if I was losing much. However, I found the massive damage done by Shadow Lunge to be invaluable once I started joining in groups and really using my stealh attacks.

Maybe we'll hear from Jay42 / Kaeros before the day is over. He's as fine of a ranger as you'll find, and a super nice guy to boot. I'm sure that he can offer some advice that you can pretty much take to the bank. I would primarily say to choose the skill that most complements your playstyle. Do that, and you won't go wrong.

EDIT: I promise...I didn't contact Jay before posting...LOL. He and I were obviously on the same page......literally.
    Message Edited by Zholain on 07-07-2005 03:28 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Zho, you are such a sweetheart!! Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm really NOT all that - you'd laugh if you looked at my stats and my CAs - but I talk good sometimes. ;)
    Hehehe, and yes, we were literally on the same page. I felt the call of a fellow ranger veteran and felt a strange compulsion to respond to this thread. <spooky music plays in background> No wait... that was the same compulsion I feel to respond to EVERY thread. I'm a wordy bastid like that.
    Anyway, thanks so much for the kindness, it means quite a lot coming from someone I've grown to respect so much. :D
    PS: Triple Shot, holmes!!
  9. ARCHIVED-Fhursten Guest

lol, holmes? trippleshot holmes? donno what that means lol, thank u Zho for the good information, i would like to be affective in my groups.. want to shine a little bit..;) so i think i will go with shadow lunge ad3.. but i got one problem, what kind of artisan makes Ranger ad3s?
  10. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Holmes = you. As in "get Triple Shot."
    But whichever you chose, you want to talk to a jeweler for all your upgrade needs. I suggest regaling one with flowers, candy, and breathless poetry, so you can get in good and work with a single crafter on all your App4s and Adept3s from now until eternity.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

Wow! Makes me wish I were a jeweler.....

Also, you'll need an alchemist ( you already have one of these to make your poisons, correct? hehe ) to refine the jasper into the appropriate ink. I don't remember which ink your tier requires. Your prospective jeweler will be able to tell you.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

...and played on Butcherblock. ;) I typically avoid grouping with other rangers, but I could make an exception, provided you'd group with one who's considerably less uber than your lovely ebon-wielding self! :D
  13. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

I certainly don't feel uber...lol. But thank you very much for the gracious compliment. :womanhappy: