WOOT for my cute Hawk!

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-dustinash, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-dustinash Guest

I just love him, I am so sad when I zone and he disapears... Anyone else super happy that they got a hawk pet?
  2. ARCHIVED-AranelT Guest

His constant chirping can be a little anoying,, but he's taken the fall for me a few times so I supose I'll keep him around..
  3. ARCHIVED-ElKozmo Guest

I do, and yea his chirping gets to me after a while ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

But, he DOESN'T disappear when you zone... He just goes off in search of a snack ;) You just have to call him (recast) and he'll come straight back to you :) (There is a little roleplayer in all of us)
  5. ARCHIVED-KBB17 Guest

What lvl do u get him......
  6. ARCHIVED-ElKozmo Guest

You get em at season 20 ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-dustinash Guest

You know though I was thinking that it really wouldn't be that unbalancing if you could use him to "guard" a spot or something; it should get one extra ability per level the ranger gains. At 21 would follow, 22 would stay, 23 would guard spot, 24 guard character, 25 it would attack. And you should be able to name your bird yerslef aaaannnddd it should zone with you. Why teh hell not? Is it too powerful? Oh no, we cannot give the ranger a pet that actually sticks with him/her. Comeon guys you know you want to remove that little bit of tedium from the game, right?
  8. ARCHIVED-Friend Bear Guest

I use my bear pet now, get him at lv 40 and can actually tank a little bit since most mobs now have AoEs which tends to drive the pets into a frenzy hehe
  9. ARCHIVED-Nosyd_EQ Guest

I love my pet Hawk. He can even swim under water when I visit the fence in QH, now not many birds I know can do that. :smileyhappy:
  10. ARCHIVED-Greendrake Guest

I love my pet Hawk. He can even swim under water when I visit the fence in QH, now not many birds I know can do that. [IMG]

Penguins....not very ranger like....but it would be a fun pet to have....too bad you can't pick your critter.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nerull Guest

Keep him up anytime your group makes long runs and your best friend is auto-following you.. I can't stop chuckling when I think about all the grumbling and complaining about my bird getting in his face :)
  12. ARCHIVED-FenaImayan Guest

I actually can say I love my hawk now. When I first got it I thought, "Um....so what does he do then?", but when I am hunting alone or in a small party during slow times he is great to have around hanging out. The other day he even attacked a very mean creature in TS that was about to kill me....lol. Got the agro distracted long enough for me to get away. I dont think they are supposed to do that and he hasnt done it since, but how nice that was at the moment. :smileyvery-happy:
  13. ARCHIVED-Sunjaguar Guest

My hawk takes aggro for me quite often. I believe you must first call for help though, thus breaking the encounter. At that point my hawk will usually dive in and try to slow the mob down. I get away every time. He will even take aggro for a group I'm in once encounter has been broken. This won't be as important after 25 when I get evac, but is nice if you don't want to be evac'd away from a distant zone point.

Ajacks
    24 DE Ranger of Qeynos

PS: as a side not I have even gotten him to fight a few times by approaching an enemy while stealthed and hitting evade. This doesn't last long of course because my hawk is a complete wuss and once I hit the mob it turns its attention my way.