Woohoo LU 17.

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Sa'meria, Nov 30, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Sa'meria Guest

A few of my favorite parts. :smileyvery-happy:

- Excellent Quality Scaled Pelts were being obtained less often than other types of level 50 legendary harvested components. They should now be found with the same frequency.
    - The base speed at which all player characters run has been increased. This makes mounts and run-speed buffs have an improved overall effect as well. Happy feet (and horsies)!
    - Other group members no longer gain hate when one member aggros or engages an encounter. If the party member who attacked or aggroed a creature dies or feigns death before others in the group do something to generate hate, the encounter will break instead of attacking the other group members. Please note that certain very wise and powerful opponents will still know everything they need to about your raid force and will act accordingly.
    The rest of the patch notes can be found here since they are not posted yet.
    http://patch.everquest2.com:7010/patch/eq2/motd/en/updates_live.html
    Message Edited by Sa'meria on 11-30-2005 11:39 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

I thought I was going crazy when I was in SS for 3-4 hours harvesting mostly traps and didn't get a single Scaled Pelt....
  3. ARCHIVED-Jerhico Guest

No, I have only come upon two scaled pelts in many hours of harvesting. In general, I think the rare harvest rate in across the board was stealth-nerfed somewhat, but pelts were always pretty hard to come by. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-TheRealMoon Guest

Took me a week of dedicated harvesting to get 5 scaled pelts. :smileyindifferent:
  5. ARCHIVED-Edyil Guest

Well - to what's infinately more important...

I wonder how this will effect or create an entirely new aspect to EQ2 of Monk FD pulling. This is especially true with the Target-Thru feature.
    Monks could quite possibly surpass Fury's as having the best ability to bypass content.
  6. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

And there was much rejoicing! That agro change is gonna make a huge difference. I'll be glad to have eq1-style FD pulling back.

Before if I agroed too much and tried to flop to lose it, it would instantly head to my group members for no reason. It made no sense. With this change FD finally has some group utility other than a revive for the priest after things go [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] up.

And maybe now I can get some scaled gear more easily. I gave up after several nights of harvesting and not a single pelt.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

Servers still down? Someone HAS to post a pic of what T6 armor looks like now...my PC went boom and I won't be back for 3-8 weeks depending on how long the RMA department is.
  8. ARCHIVED-Redlance Guest

I dunno bout the new look since servers still down but taking the skirting off the legs is gonna look dumb. I remember when Soga came out they took skirting away from the Ebon armor and my Wife's Templar looked like Mrs John Wayne walking around. Hurray for rare pelt rate increase! They problaby just dropped frequency of meat drops on traps like they done before.
    At last a good use for the FD. It is now a legitimate tool to bring to our group/raid instead of like what above post said about it just being for wipe recovery. Only thing I miss about eq1 is raid pulling. Might get to do it now in eq2. I see us being able to train thru areas in advance of raids to move raid to a point or the usual FD single or tag-split pull. Since mobs will be unattackable while resetting it will require good coordination between the puller and the tagger(often raid tank) to tag off first mob/set of mobs before farther set resets. This should be very interesting!
  9. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

Yeah I can think of a few things FD can be used for now.
    The run speed thing is nice. I wonder if the mobs run speed has also beein increased.

I'm not high enough for T6 gear so the pelts wasn't a big deal to me "yet" but it will be nice when I do hit that level. =o)
  10. ARCHIVED-Durlinn Guest

Kudos to the team. Cant say theyre not trying. Woot!!!
  11. ARCHIVED-fre'do Guest

yeah some other people who like the speed increase...the hide increase is nice too...there is a newbie tread about making the game to easy and they are complainin about the speed increase.
  12. ARCHIVED-JudyJudy Guest

The FD change is just plain awesome. You're right, Jarrgoon - It made no sense what-so-ever to FD and watch the mobs begin to run clear across the zone toward a group member.

This new FD reminds me ofthe old EQ1 days of feign-pulling.

Once again, another niche has been carved out for the monk. Very nice. :smileyhappy:
    Message Edited by JudyJudy on 12-01-2005 10:58 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Coccinea_Maga Guest

Actually pre-LU 17, I had very little trouble pulling groups alá EQLive. I would make sure everyone was far enough away to be out of aggro range and then go pull a group with taunt. If I got adds, FD out of aggro range of the group. It was fairly easy in a duo situation, little harder in groups because of the variety of buffs.
    Have yet to try it post-LU 17, will give it a go tonight and see how it turns out.

As to the look for the t6 legendary -- no pics, armor is now a dark colbalt-ish hue, same base pattern as before. I like the color but I want my skirting back. The armor looks wrinkly over my butt without it.
  14. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

fre'do wrote:
    yeah some other people who like the speed increase...the hide increase is nice too...there is a newbie tread about making the game to easy and they are complainin about the speed increase.
    I have absolutly no problems with the speed increase, since my most played character is a dirge all others seem to be so slow even though i always use wolf totems.
    Pelts .. hm .. found already 4 pelts and 2 or 3 woods i think with my conjurer when she leveled a little with Aquim Tasks and was harvesting all the nodes on the way .. the best one was .. i saw somebody els running around there and realized that i would be before him at the trap .. so i startet harvesting .. got a rare pelt from the first harvest .. and then i noticed that the other person was a bruiser from my guild :D
    however i still could need more vanadium and pearls :smileysurprised:
    Message Edited by Beldin_ on 12-01-2005 11:38 PM