Wolf question...

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-epoh, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-epoh Guest

This may be a dumb question, but what is the benefit of transforming into a wolf?

I am planning on becoming a Warden, and while I agree that the wolf is very cool looking, I have yet to find anything that explains exactly what being a wolf does for you...
  2. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Actually, the Protector of the Forest spell is incredibly useful.

1) Very large AC bonus. On the order of a hundred or more.
    2) Health and Power bonus. Not sure how much, I haven't bothered to look.
    3) Additional proc on melee attacks, Vicious Bite. Doesn't go off all that often, but it's nice when it does (and it went off three times in a row for me last night, that was a fun bit of bonus damage...)

Basically, it's an amazing "survivability" buff for the Warden. I keep it on all the time (though I confess the reactions when I run through the low zones as a wolf are part of that...)
  3. ARCHIVED-epoh Guest

Thanks!! I figured it made you stronger or something, but couldn't find any good info.

So, if you are in wolf form, do ago mobs still attack you?
  4. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Yes- sadly, there's no faction bonus for the form change.
  5. ARCHIVED-Clenaghan Guest

What does the wolf form look like? I've seen the lion form and think it looks pretty cool, does the wolf form just look like those little wolf cubs you fight when your low level in antonica? Can you post a close up pic of your wolf or something? Thanks.
    Message Edited by Clenaghan on 11-16-2004 10:53 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Wolf model is the same as the wolves in antonica, but much larger. The back of the wolf is about, hrm, gnome height or higher. Seems every so slightly larger than the cat model.
  7. ARCHIVED-KelgarVlondett Guest

At what level do you get wolf form?

I'm about half way to level 16 and want to become a Warden mostly because of te wolf form... I like wolves ^..^

Does anyone know where I can find a site with more complete spell listing for them as well?
  8. ARCHIVED-Shaunac Guest

You get wolf form at 20 when you become a warden. There are a couple of upgrades to it at later levels, but the wolf form graphics stay the same.
  9. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

http://clanwhitestorm.com/eq2info/index.htm
  10. ARCHIVED-KelgarVlondett Guest

I guess I'm closer then I thought, that is good thanks for the info ^..^

I was kind of hoping the different upgrades would look different, not drasticly but maybe different color or slight increase in size... I could've sworn EverQuest Online Adventures Frontiers had the wolf forms slightly different.

Howlingmoon wrote:

http://clanwhitestorm.com/eq2info/index.htm

[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the link, that is a big help... I like you're name as well ^..^
    Message Edited by KelgarVlondett on 11-17-2004 08:54 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Clenaghan Guest

EQOA had different looking wolves as you leveled up, the 20's wolves was just a cub, level 30's was a bigger adult wolf, 40's was even bigger, and in the 50's it was a huge old black bad *** wolf.
    Message Edited by Clenaghan on 11-17-2004 12:08 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

Now that is pretty cool, we can dream and maybe that'll happen someday in EQ2.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gravewolf Guest

Yeah, always possible they could do it eventually. Just need to keep it in mind as we get higher and /feedback Maybe put a thread in the Art forum too, to bring it to their attention.
  14. ARCHIVED-toomuchlove Guest

Personally i love wolf form makes a huge difference overall , my only wish is we could shrink ourselves when in caves or tight hallways ..they are wayyyyy to big=D

.. how about a spell for puppy size:smileytongue: OR even better /showwolf to show form or take away but still have stats =D
  15. ARCHIVED-Xelrek Guest

I can see the benefits of giving a Shrink spell to Druids/Shamans to shrink Wolves/Lions/Bears down (and also to be used on large races like trolls for that matter). I personally don't like the idea of a /showform type spell though. Firstly I see a big difference between a character lowering a hood to disabling a totally different form. Also I don't like the possible situation of a raid leader demanding animal forms are disabled because they don't personally like them or some other suspect reason.

I'd like to see some different variations on the wolf upgrades though. Didn't EQ1 have different types of wolf/bear (normal/white)?